IGNORED

The Official Rotherham United v Bristol City match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A heavy deat at somewhere like Rotherham is definitely a potential destabiliser for any manager

Agreed but I also expected a defeat last week.

Two defeats in eight or (nine?) before today suggests to me he isn't in immediate danger but in a league where pretty much everyone can beat everyone, we need to stay in contention until January, which despite the pessimists on here, will be when our fate is decided on the basis on what business we do, I feel.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Two defeats in eight or (nine?) before today suggests to me he isn't in immediate danger but in a league where pretty much everyone can beat everyone, we need to stay in contention until January, which despite the pessimists on here, will be when our fate is decided on the basis on what business we do, I feel.

and how many wins ?

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

It's not just the poor performance though Graham. He has had a winge about quality and budgets and I don't think SL will put up with it.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but can see Cott's talking himself out of a job if this carries on for long. He can't blame finances today after all.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't think anyone wants to see us 3-0 down at Rotherham Fordy

Be honest if you had to stick a months wages on us winning a particular game what game remaining would you stick it on ????

I can't say hand on heart I'm confident of 3 points against any side home or away and today reinforces that worry

A freak result? Maybe. At this point the freak results are our positive ones. Boro and Hull results were quite long odds. What is it about us and big score lines though? 15 goals scored against us by 4 teams. Every 4 or so games we have one like this. Why? Progress then a setback. Progress then a setback. Why? It's baffling to me and hard to keep the faith when we get embarrassed every third or fourth game. This talk of unbeaten in 3 when its 3 draws. Or unbeaten in 4 of 6 with 1 win 3 draws and 2 embarrassments just isn't cutting it anymore. They aren't fooling me. We play pretty football at times but never for a full 90 and never in either end third of the pitch. 

• Like 3

The problem is not with the players or SC, it's with SL who will not pay the wages that quality championship players demand. If this is not addressed soon we will be back in L1 with a Championship quality stadium, why bother to spend 40 million when you do not have the ambition to stay in the top leagues.

• Like 3