IGNORED

The Official Rotherham United v Bristol City match Day Thread

The problem isn't the results. It's the message the club is trying to send us. Big bids on players, players saying they're finding form and can push up, the new stadium. It doesn't fit with what is happening. We are a small club and that's ok. Come out say it and act it. Don't shed salary hoping to use 2 players worth of salary on one tar then fail. We could use Greg Cunningham and JET who funnily enough meet our criteria of young experienced players. The club keeps saying it's bigger than it is and expecting to get bigger because of it. 

Sure the summer is over and nothing can be done now but it'll be looked back at in 10-15 years as a missed opportunity. January won't be the answer with the position well be at in an hour. Blackburn got it together. Preston defend way better than us. Rotherham have a new manager and are about to put 6 points up in 2 matches something we haven't come close to doing. We are one of the worst teams in the division and the club only has itself to blame. Loans were there. Free agents were there. Signings were there. We wanted to be a big fish on a little budget and we are getting smacked around. 

So you can understand the frustration. We were lied to. We were told the club is on the up. They had good intentions but failed. All we will have to show for it is a tidy profit on Kodjia and league 1 football. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I don't know what people expected in all honesty. Easy wins every week?

Speaking for myself and probably a few others

I didn't expect us to be 4 down at AG after half an hour or more importantly 2-0 down at Rotherham after 30 mins in a very important game for us 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Great talent but poor attitude in training which gave wrong signals to other players particularly younger ones and that's why he was moved on.

What a load of slanderous crap, i can categorically tell you that you statement is completely untrue !!

what this thread needs right now is another negative autopsy on JET.

move on for pity sake if nothing else 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jonbristol said:

I have thought all season that Fielding and pack are our big weak links. I am looking forward to seeing who comes in for pack. 

I have bad news for you, we don't have a like for like replacement on our books so in all probability we'll be weaker next week.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Anyone know the last time we came back and won from two goals down at half-time?

More importantly, anyone know a miracle-worker?

Off the top of my head, I believe tranmere in 2006-07.

won't happen here though. We will either concede a third straight after half time to kill all hope or we,ll fight back to 2-2 and then concede a 3rd at the death. :)

7 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I don't know what people expected in all honesty. Easy wins every week?

I expected a good chance at winning after almost beating a team that was in the prem 6 months ago considering we are playing a team that is second bottom. I didn't expect the game to be basically over by HT with them up two. I didn't expect it to be easy but I expected better and I think it's fair to assume everyone expected better. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I have bad news for you, we don't have a like for like replacement on our books so in all probability we'll be weaker next week.

I don't really want a like for like replacement. I'd have Ayling in there. Better on the ball, quicker off the mark. Looks like he'd make a good midfielder alongside Smith, just maybe not as dominant in the air as pack.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree sadly Graham, as much as IMO  Pack or Fielding are in need of improvement / replacement it says it all that as a Championship side with one of the wealthiest owners in British Football we havnt got an obvious alternative in our threadbare squad to either !!!

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I expected a good chance at winning after almost beating a team that was in the prem 6 months ago considering we are playing a team that is second bottom. I didn't expect the game to be basically over by HT with them up two. I didn't expect it to be easy but I expected better and I think it's fair to assume everyone expected better. 

Are some of our team ,shagged out or simply carrying knocks from Hull ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

They have a new manager a good one too, no surprises. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Clearly the point I am making is that the table currently suggests there are four worse teams than us, which indicates we are "good enough" to survive.

Did I really have to explain that?

The table may show that, but unfortunately reality shows we are currently 2-0 down to one of the team supposedly weaker than us. Stats and paperwork says a lot of things, but reality shows the true picture.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Are some of our team ,shagged out or simply carrying knocks from Hull ?

Possibly but you have to assume some of Rotherham are carrying knocks from the Leeds game. Everyone is carrying knocks in this league. Other teams have enough cover to give someone a game off if need be. 

6 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

What a load of slanderous crap, i can categorically tell you that you statement is completely untrue !!

what this thread needs right now is another negative autopsy on JET.

move on for pity sake if nothing else 

No need for that there is a discussion going on, I will make a comment when I feel like it, if that's alright with you. Was just passing on an opinion from what has been seen.

If its accurate it definitely won't be slanderous and even if not accurate if I emphasise its an opinion based on observation it still wont be slanderous, but anyway maybe you can say why its categorically untrue .

1 minute ago, Loderingo said:

Time to bring back Wilbs?  He got some flack but we were scoring more when he was in the team.

Agard has been good and working hard. I like him in there. I wouldn't mind rotating(wtf is that?!?) them a bit. Cotterhill isn't a fan of using his whole squad though. I prefer Wilbraham in away matches though. Just seem like the type of player needed to get the young team going away from home. Agard on the other hand fires up the home crowd by pressing and using his pace. Don't think Wilbs should be just sitting on the bench. 

12 minutes ago, Jonbristol said:

I don't really want a like for like replacement. I'd have Ayling in there. Better on the ball, quicker off the mark. Looks like he'd make a good midfielder alongside Smith, just maybe not as dominant in the air as pack.

So you'd play one of our first choice defenders out of position?

Interesting.