IGNORED

The Official Rotherham United v Bristol City match Day Thread

15 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

We can't play effectively with two quick guys up front with no one who can play a killer pass. Only Reid can do it and he is sat on the bench 

Even with a killer pass we can't score. Kodjia sent Agard through with only the keeper to beat and he missed. This was when we were only one goal down. I'm not blaming Agard for us losing, but it illustrates how much we need a clinical striker. Of course if Reid was on the pitch there would be a few more chances created. 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

A nothing second half really so far. Need to spark.

Hoped we were going to start pushing on today to midtable. Truth looks like we are in a dog eat dog battle with really three from six going down. Hope we have the fight for it.

I am pretty sure the players have, i am not so sure about the fans though

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So you'd play one of our first choice defenders out of position?

Interesting.

One of our first choice is also our third choice, so yes. He is not a great defender anyway. Play him further up the pitch where his class on the ball would be more useful.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Happy days boys we've stayed up if it's over 

image.jpeg

Well whereas we could've pulled away by beating Rotherham, we now find ourselves a point of relegation and in a dog fight with 6-7 other teams. Would've been nice being a few points clear of everyone else. The mid table sides are also starting to pull away from the bottom. It's pretty clear where we'll end up. It's not over by all means but it's pretty obvious why most are nervous. We are inconsistent, can't finish and have the smallest squad in the league. It's not a good recipe for staying up. And if we do stay up, is 20th good enough to attract better players? In January, when we are 19th and 4 points clear of relegation, can we recruit quality? Doesn't seem likely. When we finish 18th and Kodjia gets an offer from Villa or Norwich, will he stay with us? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Well whereas we could've pulled away by beating Rotherham, we now find ourselves a point of relegation and in a dog fight with 6-7 other teams. Would've been nice being a few points clear of everyone else. The mid table sides are also starting to pull away from the bottom. It's pretty clear where we'll end up. It's not over by all means but it's pretty obvious why most are nervous. We are inconsistent, can't finish and have the smallest squad in the league. It's not a good recipe for staying up. And if we do stay up, is 20th good enough to attract better players? In January, when we are 19th and 4 points clear of relegation, can we recruit quality? Doesn't seem likely. When we finish 18th and Kodjia gets an offer from Villa or Norwich, will he stay with us? 

:sad26:

Just now, Major Isewater said:

:sad26:

I know I'm all doom and gloom. Just want us to do well. The summer bids told us we were here to take the league by storm. It's taken us by storm instead. I'm ok with a dogfight. The disheartening part is the at the start it was clear the club thought higher of itself and I believed it. Can't help but be a bit gutted.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

No need for that there is a discussion going on, I will make a comment when I feel like it, if that's alright with you. Was just passing on an opinion from what has been seen.

If its accurate it definitely won't be slanderous and even if not accurate if I emphasise its an opinion based on observation it still wont be slanderous, but anyway maybe you can say why its categorically untrue .

Yes you are entitled to an opinion, of course you are but you certainly did not make it clear it was an opinion.

you wrote it as a statrment of fact and i am entitled to adopt the default position on behalf of the player, and that is to tell you that your views are not accurate, deflamatory to the player and without any foundation, and to indeed challenge you to provide the evidence to back up your claim.

if you would like to share evidence privately I would be happy to reinforce my statement above and to share with you the basis for my defence.

now lets get back to the match shall we and facts that really matter.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

I have been impressed at our recent new found defensive ability, and whilst I have to say that before that I really was questioning SC being able to keep us up, I thought we had turned a corner. Whilst one game does not define anything, there is no disguising this current result is a disaster in every shape and form, and shows we have still significant issues to resolve. I would also suggest it is going to be very much touch and go if we are to survive this season. January is a horrible time to try and sign players, but it is more than clear the squad is not good enough to have any confidence that we stay out of L1 with a 27500 capacity stadium. 

I think SC will be admitting to himself that his squad aren't anywhere near as good as he's telling us.