IGNORED

Prediction League: Derby County (A)

RedYoshi

Derby County v Bristol City  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You're getting to be a prolific poster in this thread.  You'll be joining in next!

Go on, you know you want to :P

I couldn't on principle, any 'betting' on City losing is just not for me, whilst of course I 'know' they will lose to-morrow.

It's bad enough supporting City without all this frivolity.   

Result : Draw

Scoreline: 1-1

Half-time scoreline :1-1

First goalscorer : Kodjia

Other goalscorers : Flint OG

Goal timings : 28 / 32

1. Blackburn v ForestH

2. Cardiff v BrentfordD

3. Charlton v BoltonH

4. Fulham v IpswichD

5. Huddersfield v RotherhamH

6. Boro v BurnleyD

7. MK Dons v WednesdayA

8. Preston v BirminghamD

9. QPR v BrightonD

10. Hull v ReadingH

11. Wolves v LeedsH

Wolves3 Leeds 1

Derby 2-1 city

Ht 1-1

Kodjia 24

Hughes 34

Ince 56

Blackburn Forest - missed it!...although reading the deadline, fancy a 0-0 :)

cardiff Brentford -D

Charlton Bolton -H

Fulham Ipswich- D

Huddersfield Rotherham-H

Boro Burnley - H

Mk Wednseday -A

PNE -Brum - H

QPR Brighton -D

Hull Reading -H

Wolves Leeds -H

Wolves 1-0 Leeds

On 12/13/2015 at 16:03, ten minutes of rough said:

no offence Red but it really is pointless.

:laugh: None taken at all, TMOR, of course it is.

A collection of individuals, taking part in something on a weekly (or so) basis, which may or may not give them some - essentially arbitrary - points, out of which a league table is created. What an utter waste of time. Will never catch on. :thumbsup:

I feel like we've had this discussion before... so it would probably be pointless to have it again.

But yes, it is frivolous nonsense. I've said as much many a time. Full agreement there.

We are fighting to stay in the Championship and yet and yet some prefer fannying around with this

Quite right. I shall immediately stop fannying around and refocus my entire attention on the direct, positive influence I can have on a team for whom I don't play, nor coach, and in whose city I don't even currently reside. How foolish of me not to realise that it's frivolous nonsense like this that has been our downfall.

We are fighting to keep terrorists at bay and yet and yet some prefer fannying around with football

We are fighting to control the climate and save the world and yet and yet some prefer fannying around with bombing each other

We are floating meaninglessly through the vast unknown of the universe and yet and yet some prefer fannying around with furthering a species which is probably no more important than any other species that has been before them, or will exist after them

I'm sure you get my drift...

So genuinely, I entirely agree, but I'm glad it's given you an opportunity to amuse me :) (as pointless as that amusement may be).

And I don't mean that in a "laughing at your expense" kind of way. I've genuinely enjoyed your contribution to this thread - although calling someone (or their actions) pathetic was probably a little unnecessary. I mean, can it be pathetic if it's pointless?

Anyway, there's certainly no need to predict that City will lose - plenty have only ever predicted that we'll win - so I'll pop you down for 6-0 win (your number of posts in this thread versus amount of offence you've caused) with Ayling as the first scorer.

Sorted.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I've decided to drop out of the prediction league.

Its far too long winded and over complicated for me. Red Yoshi must enjoy analysis with so many different options

Id much prefer a simple score, ht score and goalscorers. Could be done in seconds.

Ah, sorry to hear that Robbored. Apologies it's not up your street. You can of course simply fill out the poll, and add any other scorers you want - no requirement to complete the extra silliness. Of course, I realise that will put you at a disadvantage in the points stakes, but come the end of the season there will be different "awards" to the best in each category and what-have-you, so a more traditional league table (minus the bells and whistles) may well emerge.

Up to you!

6 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

:laugh: None taken at all, TMOR, of course it is.

A collection of individuals, taking part in something on a weekly (or so) basis, which may or may not give them some - essentially arbitrary - points, out of which a league table is created. What an utter waste of time. Will never catch on. :thumbsup:

I feel like we've had this discussion before... so it would probably be pointless to have it again.

But yes, it is frivolous nonsense. I've said as much many a time. Full agreement there.

Quite right. I shall immediately stop fannying around and refocus my entire attention on the direct, positive influence I can have on a team for whom I don't play, nor coach, and in whose city I don't even currently reside. How foolish of me not to realise that it's frivolous nonsense like this that has been our downfall.

I'm sure you get my drift...

So genuinely, I entirely agree, but I'm glad it's given you an opportunity to amuse me :) (as pointless as that amusement may be).

And I don't mean that in a "laughing at your expense" kind of way. I've genuinely enjoyed your contribution to this thread - although calling someone (or their actions) pathetic was probably a little unnecessary. I mean, can it be pathetic if it's pointless?

Anyway, there's certainly no need to predict that City will lose - plenty have only ever predicted that we'll win - so I'll pop you down for 6-0 win (your number of posts in this thread versus amount of offence you've caused) with Ayling as the first scorer.

Sorted.

Ah, sorry to hear that Robbored. Apologies it's not up your street. You can of course simply fill out the poll, and add any other scorers you want - no requirement to complete the extra silliness. Of course, I realise that will put you at a disadvantage in the points stakes, but come the end of the season there will be different "awards" to the best in each category and what-have-you, so a more traditional league table (minus the bells and whistles) may well emerge.

Up to you!

RY, obviously no criticism of your time and effort but as you say unles I'm prepared to make predictions on all the various options then I'm not on a level playing field with those that are willing. 

Like everyone else I was in it to try and win buts that's very unlikely so I'll stand by my decision to drop out.

very optimistic City to win 0-1
HT 0-0
Kodjia  53rd

1. Blackburn v Forest D

2. Cardiff v Brentford D

3. Charlton v Bolton D

4. Fulham v Ipswich A

5. Huddersfield v Rotherham D

6. Boro v Burnley H

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

8. Preston v Birmingham D

9. QPR v Brighton A

10. Hull v Reading H

11. Wolves v Leeds D
Wolves 1 Leeds 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

RY, obviously no criticism of your time and effort but as you say unles I'm prepared to make predictions on all the various options then I'm not on a level playing field with those that are willing. 

Like everyone else I was in it to try and win buts that's very unlikely so I'll stand by my decision to drop out.

The competition is evidently , too hot for you RR .;)

It's not an obligation to participate and quite frankly , sometimes it's the only good thing to come out of a bad result on the pitch .

Go Red Yoshi !!! :dancing6:

Derby 2 Bristol City 0

Martin 24mins, Johnson 48mins.

2. Cardiff v Brentford = D

3. Charlton v Bolton = D

4. Fulham v Ipswich = D

5. Huddersfield v Rotherham = D 

6. Boro v Burnley = D

7. MK Dons v Wednesday = A

8. Preston v Birmingham = D

9. QPR v Brighton = D

10. Hull v Reading = D

11. Wolves v Leeds = D

Wolves 1 Leeds 1

Derby 2 - City 0

I predict Ince at 34 mins and 74.  Mainly because I don't know any other Derby players.

1. Blackburn v Forest D

2. Cardiff v Brentford H

3. Charlton v Bolton D

4. Fulham v Ipswich A

5. Huddersfield v Rotherham H

6. Boro v Burnley H

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

8. Preston v Birmingham H

9. QPR v Brighton D

10. Hull v Reading D

11. Wolves v Leeds D

Wolves 1 Leeds 1

If this post isn't pointless, I don't know what is.

To paraphrase a famous speech that's kind of topical given the rockety and spacey type events of this morning.

"There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in the prediction league as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation may never come again. But why, some say, the prediction league? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, bloody ages ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Cotterill play Freeman?

We choose to do the prediction league! We choose to do the prediction league in this decade and do the other things, not because it it easy, but because it is hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one I intend to win."

That's basically why I'm still here.

Derby 1

Martin 55'

City 1

Smith 5'

1. Blackburn v Forest Goalless draw surely :whistle:

2. Cardiff v Brentford H

3. Charlton v Bolton H

4. Fulham v Ipswich D

6. Boro v Burnley H

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

9. QPR v Brighton A

10. Hull v Reading H 

11. Wolves v Leeds D (0-0)

Derby 2 - 0 BRISTOL CITY

Martin 18, Ince 68                                                                          

1. Blackburn v Forest D

2. Cardiff v Brentford H

3. Charlton v Bolton D

4. Fulham v Ipswich A

6. Boro v Burnley H

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

9. QPR v Brighton A

10. Hull v Reading H

11. Wolves v Leeds H (2-1)

Derby 3-0 City

Martin (12,78) Ince (64)

1. Blackburn v Forest - H

2. Cardiff v Brentford - H

3. Charlton v Bolton - H

4. Fulham v Ipswich - D

5. Huddersfield v Rotherham - H

6. Boro v Burnley - D

7. MK Dons v Wednesday - D

8. Preston v Birmingham - A

9. QPR v Brighton - A

10. Hull v Reading - H

11. Wolves v Leeds - D

Derby 2 - City 1

Martin 9  Ince 39

Kodjia 54

1. Blackburn v Forest D

2. Cardiff v Brentford H

3. Charlton v Bolton H

4. Fulham v Ipswich A

6. Boro v Burnley D

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

9. QPR v Brighton D

10. Hull v Reading H

11. Wolves v Leeds D

Wolves 1 Leeds 1

Derby 3 City 1

HT 2-0

FGS: Martin 12

Other goalscorers: Weimann 42, Freeman 51, Russell 83

Blackburn v Forest H

Cardiff v Brentford D

Charlton v Bolton D

Fulham v Ipswich A

Huddersfield v Rotherham D

Middlesbro' v Burnley H

MK Dons v Sheff Weds A

PNE v Brum D

QPR v Brighton A

Hull v Reading H

Wolves v Leeds H

Wildcard: Wolves 1 Leeds 0

Right then. I'm off to see a Y5/6 production of Alice in Wonderland this evening, and I sincerely hope that I will emerge to find that the wonder has rubbed off on our red and white stars. Having said that, I can't really see us winning, but a draw would be wonderful enough. C'mon you beauties.

DERBY COUNTY 2-2 BRISTOL CITY    

(2-1)

1st half

Flint 17' - He'll be pumped from his winner on Saturday, and make the most of an early free-kick delivery from Pack or Freeman. Potentially then booked for his over-exuberant celebration.

Weimann 37' - Derby will have virtually all the play after our goal, and will get their rewards with a clever through ball that splits our defence, allowing Weimann to delicately chip over Fielding and wheel away in delight. What a tosser.

Martin 39' - Buoyed by their equaliser, they'll come straight down our end again, supply another perfect through ball, only this time Flint won't be having it so scythes down Ince as he's about to shoot. Flint gets a second booking, and Martin converts the penalty.

2nd half

Wilbraham 68' - With our ten men battling well against the Derby onslaught, a rare break allows Bryan the time to pick out a peach of a cross, and Wilbraham attacks it like a man possessed. Slams into the back of the net, Wilbraham clattering into Grant in the process, forcing them into a goalkeeper swap.

This doesn't allow them as many outfield changes, and they therefore fail to exploit their extra man as we resolutely hold onto the draw.

At least one child throws up backstage, down the rabbit hole.

Results

Blackburn N/A Forest      

Cardiff Brentford

Charlton Bolton    

Fulham Ipswich

Huddersfield H Rotherham   

Middlesbrough Burnley            

MK Dons Sheff Weds

Preston Birmingham

QPR D Brighton

Hull Reading

Wolves Leeds  

Wildcard

Wolves 2-1 Leeds 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Fair enough! As I said, I'm keeping tabs on all the categories, so in the basic "result, scoreline, half-time" table you'd be about 11th at the mo, just so ya know. And didn't take it as criticism at all, you ragamuffin you, so no worries.

Haha.. cheers @Major Isewater, and I'm as surprised as you @cynic.

Oh and don't worry @Super, doesn't bother me at all - but I shan't be ignoring anyone, for that is not the #GOTIB15to16CPL way. Without such wonderful interjections, we would never have had @ExiledAjax's utterly inspired post, so for that it is more than worth it.

I tip my hat to you, good sir. "Squire", if you will... (Sorry @ten minutes of rough ;))

Keep being frivolous, people. Sometimes, it's all we have.

City              2 - 2                  Derby

Kodjia 23                    Weimann 8

Bennett 68               Martin 79

BEFTP and Wildcard - 

1. Blackburn v Forest A

2. Cardiff v Brentford H

3. Charlton v Bolton D

4. Fulham v Ipswich D

5. Huddersfield v Rotherham H

6. Boro v Burnley H

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

8. Preston v Birmingham A

9. QPR v Brighton A

10. Hull v Reading H

11. Wolves v Leeds H 2 - 1

Derby 1-3 Bristol City HT 0-2

Kodjia 10 & 77, Bennett 36, Martin 52

1. Blackburn v Forest H

2. Cardiff v Brentford H

3. Charlton v Bolton H

4. Fulham v Ipswich D

5. Huddersfield v Rotherham D

6. Boro v Burnley H

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

9. QPR v Brighton H

10. Hull v Reading H

11. Wolves v Leeds H

2-0

On 13 December 2015 at 13:27, RedYoshi said:

Derby 1 - 1 City

Martin 53, Kodjia 67

1. Blackburn v Forest D

2. Cardiff v Brentford D

3. Charlton v Bolton H

4. Fulham v Ipswich H

5. Huddersfield v Rotherham A

6. Boro v Burnley H

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

9. QPR v Brighton D

10. Hull v Reading H

11. Wolves v Leeds H, 2-0

11 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Love those getting the Blackburn v Forest result wrong, bearing in mind it was played last night! Mind you, did not spot it myself until to late!

I think -1 point is in order for everyone who predicted the wrong result after the game had been played! ;)

City 1 Derby 0
Flint 55

1. Blackburn v Forest D

2. Cardiff v Brentford H

3. Charlton v Bolton H

4. Fulham v Ipswich A

6. Boro v Burnley D

7. MK Dons v Wednesday A

9. QPR v Brighton D

10. Hull v Reading H