IGNORED

Robin badge

Project Nibor

On 15 December 2015 at 16:50, Threshing Red said:

image.jpg.49a58c97be655995fb250f141d8ca9

I put our new version of a crest badge up, the one the club announced which will be the new version of the crest badge. I thought it would be smart and professionally looking but it is just as bad as the one before or even worse. 

Out of the football league I do like Brentfords design, it stands out. looking-for-volunteer-scouts277-269047.j

On 15/12/2015 at 16:50, Threshing Red said:

image.jpg.49a58c97be655995fb250f141d8ca9

I put our new version of a crest badge up, the one the club announced which will be the new version of the crest badge. I thought it would be smart and professionally looking but it is just as bad as the one before or even worse. 

Out of the football league I do like Brentfords design, it stands out. looking-for-volunteer-scouts277-269047.j

A slight issue with this, the MASSIVE bristol city above the robin kinda lends bias to this test. 

A fairer test would've been to display the badge as it mostly appeared on shirts - without the bristol city text. 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

A slight issue with this, the MASSIVE bristol city above the robin kinda lends bias to this test. 

A fairer test would've been to display the badge as it mostly appeared on shirts - without the bristol city text. 

I think the pictures were more to highlight that there are many other badges already similar to ours - not to pick it the easiest

Imagine the club decided to design a new badge. Even if it was voted for by the fans many of the usual suspects on here would be up in arms because it wasn't exactly how they imagined it. People would never agree.

its the crest for me. We are the one team in Bristol and our current badge signifies that. It looks professional. A cartoon robin would look as outdated as our neighbours and their camp sailor. 

4 hours ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Imagine the club decided to design a new badge. Even if it was voted for by the fans many of the usual suspects on here would be up in arms because it wasn't exactly how they imagined it. People would never agree.

its the crest for me. We are the one team in Bristol and our current badge signifies that. It looks professional. A cartoon robin would look as outdated as our neighbours and their camp sailor. 

Have you had a close look at the crest design? Do you really think it is professionally done? It just looks an absolute mess. And someone got paid a big sum for doing it. 

567301b1c9ed2_images(1).jpe.0242f227f072

If you like a dead dog, a rugby ball, party balloons, deformed legs and a womans aid on top of his head, It is definitely a cartoon design. 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

I think the pictures were more to highlight that there are many other badges already similar to ours - not to pick it the easiest

The image by the original poster says which one stands out the most. By having massive BRISTOL CITY text surrounding the robin, this one obviously stands out the most.

There are many badges similar to ours, that I can agree with. I still like it though, and for me it will always be our badge. - We had the coat of arms on our one and only FA cup final appearance in 1909 before badges were conventionally worn on shirts. For me, it therefore is our traditional emblem. We are Bristol City FC, hence we use the coat of arms of Bristol, the city.

However, in reference to an earlier post I made where I suggested a retro styled robin badge could be acceptable, I wouldn't mind something in the style of our badge from 1949:

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/crests/crest-1949.gif

8 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Remove the lettering, increase the image size and the Robin design will become even bolder. The black in the design causes it to pop, and catch the eye. 

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I'd need to see a design before I could comment on that.. 

If you are into anything artistic e.g street graff. Add black to make something stand out. Hence why the Angry Robin is black not brown. Black = bold.   

1 minute ago, WTMS said:

If you are into anything artistic e.g street graff. Add black to make something stand out. Hence why the Angry Robin is black not brown. Black = bold.   

Black on a light background does indeed make things stand out. But on a darker background, not so much. 

I'd be weary of too much black also. Whenever we use black in our kit, bad things seem to happen. Usually relegation.

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Black on a light background does indeed make things stand out. But on a darker background, not so much. 

I'd be weary of too much black also. Whenever we use black in our kit, bad things seem to happen. Usually relegation.

The Robin in question is red, white and back, and like its later Angry version that will stand out on any background.

4 hours ago, Project Nibor said:

I'm not great with the art work. Feel free to make any adjustments you think work. Think the letting at the top needs aligning better as well

Slightly bigger bridge to fill the top, 18   97 each side of the robin and the BRISTOL CITY FC in a straight line along the bottom.

Unfortunately the letters in the club name don't lend themselves to being curved, check out some of the old badges for that!

As a caveat to to the above I'm rubbish at art. 

Archived