IGNORED

Robin badge

Project Nibor

15 hours ago, Project Nibor said:

image.jpg

Can anyone remember the last time a professional football with black and white panels was used?

The reason I mention it is because you see some club crests with a football on it with rectangular patches which make their badge look even more dated !!

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

Can anyone remember the last time a professional football with black and white panels was used?

The reason I mention it is because you see some club crests with a football on it with rectangular patches which make their badge look even more dated !!

Some small time outfit called Manchester Utd.

Talking of clubs with some BALLS ;) 

These clubs off the top of my head have club badges featuring BALLS!! ;)

Doncaster
Bournemouth
Reading
Norwich
Barcalona
Man utd
Spurs
Birmingham
Ipswich (small ball)
Bristol Rovers
Crystal palace
Southampton
Coventry
Rotherham
Notts county
Crawley
Tranmere
Wrexham
Orient

Could I ask again if one of the robin designs could be put up on the opposite side of the fans forum main page? The one below is just a sample of what I mean. I'll just leave it to you guys on what you think. It is just because some of us do actually like the robin badge. 

logo.png.210c9c781d73a8a9205a65a14a286d68.png

Top marks cityexile and Bullbag. 1894 was our formation date, not 1897. That was simply when Bristol South End changed their name from that to Bristol City and joined the Southern League. We must be the only club possibly in the world who tries to make out we are younger than we actually are. Indeed, there is a much stronger case for using 1887 than 1897 as 1887 was the year Southville FC were formed, who changed their name to Bedminster in 1890, acquired AshtonGate in 1895 and aamalgamated with Bristol City in 1900. Thus, 1894 or even 1887 are the dates of formation. 1897 was simply a change of name and if we go down that route then 1982 should be on our shirts and clubs such as Manchester United (Newton Heath) a and Leicester City (Leicester Fosse) would be a lot younger than they are proud to state that they are.

8 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

Top marks cityexile and Bullbag. 1894 was our formation date, not 1897. That was simply when Bristol South End changed their name from that to Bristol City and joined the Southern League. We must be the only club possibly in the world who tries to make out we are younger than we actually are. Indeed, there is a much stronger case for using 1887 than 1897 as 1887 was the year Southville FC were formed, who changed their name to Bedminster in 1890, acquired AshtonGate in 1895 and aamalgamated with Bristol City in 1900. Thus, 1894 or even 1887 are the dates of formation. 1897 was simply a change of name and if we go down that route then 1982 should be on our shirts and clubs such as Manchester United (Newton Heath) a and Leicester City (Leicester Fosse) would be a lot younger than they are proud to state that they are.

Totally agree and always believed that myself. Our 'Established date' should be 1887, and I personally wouldn't vote for any new change in badge, robin or no robin, unless 1887 was on it.

Archived