IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Live on Radio Bristol - soon !

The Red Planet

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

SL was a little less direct in answering that one, and though pressed by GT, I'm not sure I came to a full enough understanding to precis his answer on here. 

Rather than possibly get it wrong, I'll leave that one to someone else if that's OK, I've got to get off to AG.

P.S. Q2 -  rockinrobin has answered that above.

Cheers Noggers, just off myself!

12 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well that is what the man said. Are you saying he is lying??

Do YOU hand on heart honestly think we would pay 22 k a week ???? If you do then that is your view and you believe that .

4 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Do YOU hand on heart honestly think we would pay 22 k a week ???? If you do then that is your view and you believe that .

A little more than a million quid a year? Yes, definitely. Not that I would have agreed with it mind. 

Let's be honest, we wouldn't have been expecting to keep him until the end of his contract - we are after players with resale. 

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Don't know what he's on but wouldn't mind some.

At last a quote no one here would argue with, I'm pretty sure for once that we will all agree on that! :)

(presume you're talking income ££££'s ?   -...... no? )

.... oh OK, stuff it then, ....back to nornal, ...  F  I  G  H  T !!!!

@GrahamC if I heard correctly Lansdown said we made the mistake in the summer of chasing playing that were never really going to join us. 

Resources weren't an issue and we offered the wages, Gray/Gayle just weren't willing to come.

He specifically mentioned Clucas and Cooper of Chesterfield who've been signed by Cship clubs as examples of players we maybe should've gone for.

No blame apportioned to SC or anyone specifically for that matter.

6 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

He didn't say promotion next season. He said he expects us to be competitive in the top half the table, and felt with a completed stadium that would be realistic. I agree. 

Thank goodness. Obviously having players of higher quality isn't necessary. I suggest we buy some more nice new stands and we'll be guaranteed to stay up, buy some more and we'll get promotion to the promised land.

15 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Thank goodness. Obviously having players of higher quality isn't necessary. I suggest we buy some more nice new stands and we'll be guaranteed to stay up, buy some more and we'll get promotion to the promised land.

He was saying it in the fact that we can't compete financially without a complete stadium and better corporate facilities. 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

@GrahamC if I heard correctly Lansdown said we made the mistake in the summer of chasing playing that were never really going to join us. 

Resources weren't an issue and we offered the wages, Gray/Gayle just weren't willing to come.

He specifically mentioned Clucas and Cooper of Chesterfield who've been signed by Cship clubs as examples of players we maybe should've gone for.

No blame apportioned to SC or anyone specifically for that matter.

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

Imagine the irony if prospective corporate clients actually don't want to use our lovely new facilities as they would rather use the facilities at clubs more likely to get promotion.

Why would they want to do that? We are Bristol City you know, surely they would prefer to miss the ten minutes before and after halftime out our facilities than elsewhere?

Archived