IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

5 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I believe it originates from being distinctly ordinary in front of goal and bringing about as much to the game as a wheelie-bin.

That's absolute rubbish, his all round game is fantastic, he works hard, has great vision, beats players, can dribble and is exciting. His composure and finishing in front of goal need work but everyone knows that.. Or are you just a troll

49 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's absolute rubbish, his all round game is fantastic, he works hard, has great vision, beats players, can dribble and is exciting. His composure and finishing in front of goal need work but everyone knows that.. Or are you just a troll

Thanks.

I think it's just borne out of frustration from missed chances tbh. Can't claim to have coined the phrase.

13 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Thanks.

I think it's just borne out of frustration from missed chances tbh. Can't claim to have coined the phrase.

Well it's not a good one, luckily it hasn't caught on and won't. Find it strange how some would think it's funny to say that arguably our most gifted player and top goal scorer "brings as much to the game as a wheelie bin".

The players need our support not ridicule, JK works bloody hard, tracks back constantly, fights for the ball.. (I saw him swing a punch at an opposition player a few weeks back in a fracas, luckily it wasn't seen by the ref).. He's a fighter and cares; you can see that by his frustration when his runs aren't picked out. The guy has been here only a few months and is in a new league learning a new language.. He's performed really well so far and done brilliantly to get 9 goals. He will only get better too.

If he wasn't trying and looked like he didn't care, this "wheelie bin" thing wouldn't annoy me so much - but Kodjia does care and is trying really hard, it's very unfair.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well it's not a good one, luckily it hasn't caught on and won't. Find it strange how some would think it's funny to say that arguably our most gifted player and top goal scorer "brings as much to the game as a wheelie bin".

The players need our support not ridicule, JK works bloody hard, tracks back constantly, fights for the ball.. (I saw him swing a punch at an opposition player a few weeks back in a fracas, luckily it wasn't seen by the ref).. He's a fighter and cares; you can see that by his frustration when his runs aren't picked out. The guy has been here only a few months and is in a new league learning a new language.. He's performed really well so far and done brilliantly to get 9 goals. He will only get better too.

If he wasn't trying and looked like he didn't care, this "wheelie bin" thing wouldn't annoy me so much - but Kodjia does care and is trying really hard, it's very unfair.

I really wouldn't worry, I suspect it wouldn't bother him. 

Lets see how he does over the second half of the season. Hopefully will silence the doubters.

20 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I really wouldn't worry, I suspect it wouldn't bother him. 

Lets see how he does over the second half of the season. Hopefully will silence the doubters.

I don't really understand what they're doubting though? It's his first season in England and he's got 9 in 24. If he gets 10 in the next 22 he'll have the same amount as Gray got last season but for a much worse team. Strange how high some people's expectations are. 

19 hours ago, shelts said:

Nathan Baker signed on permanent would be nice, show real intent on staying up, really hope we don't get Matt Smith wrong type of player for me, need a proven goal scorer at championship level. 

Smith is a proven Championship goal scorer - certainly more so than anyone we currently have currently.

Considering his goals-to-minutes at this level, we'd be lucky to have him - few other players that I believe would join us (and though unlikely, think Matt Smith would, if we could afford him) would have records as good at his at his age.

19 hours ago, shelts said:

Nathan Baker signed on permanent would be nice, show real intent on staying up, really hope we don't get Matt Smith wrong type of player for me, need a proven goal scorer at championship level. 

Just wondering why you're so down on Matt Smith? When he went back to Fulham after the loan here he continued his red hot form, and all he is being used as there is a sub currently. 

What I think Smith would bring is a big injection of confidence in to the squad. Our players know him, know they can work with him and know that he knows where the back of the net is. He'd add that bit of bite I believe our team needs, albeit I hope we get a midfield terrier too. 

Personally I hope he's one of our primary targets. I'd imagine he'd be available for a reasonable fee too.

1 hour ago, demet78 said:

I'd give Kevin Nolan a call see if he fancies a deal til the end of the season, his experience in the middle would make a difference and definitely spend a few quid on a CF but who I wouldn't like to say! 

I think his legs have gone, to play in midfield.  He has played mostly off of the front man of late, where he doesn't need to get around the pitch.  I don't think he'd come in and do a job for us, but who knows.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Just wondering why you're so down on Matt Smith? When he went back to Fulham after the loan here he continued his red hot form, and all he is being used as there is a sub currently. 

What I think Smith would bring is a big injection of confidence in to the squad. Our players know him, know they can work with him and know that he knows where the back of the net is. He'd add that bit of bite I believe our team needs, albeit I hope we get a midfield terrier too. 

Personally I hope he's one of our primary targets. I'd imagine he'd be available for a reasonable fee too.

I've never been down on Smith (and I know you were responding to someone else), but I thought we should be looking elsewhere.

However over the last month, I've actually changed my mind, and think he might be the right striker to bring in at this point in time and the position we are in.  I think morale wise it might be useful too.

The thing with Matt Smith is everyone just sees big lad. He's actually a quite capable footballer other than that. You that when he plays for Fulham. He routinely plays lovely balls through to McCormack and links up play so well. This on top of his threat on crosses and set pieces. If he came to us in January he'd scored 10 for us I think and he'd pair brilliantly with Kodjia. No you wouldn't be threading through balls to him from 40 yards out but he can play that ball to Kodjia better than Aaron can. He'd be a lovely get for us and I'd feel a lot more comfortable about staying up. 

19 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Did you watch it? They were unlucky. I'm not saying Saints weren't worth 3 points but all the decisions went their way. 

I thought the disallowed Shane Long cheeky back heeled goal was a key decision that went Arsenal's way. Long was being fouled and should have had, at least, a penalty or his 'goal' allowed. To give a foul against him was totally wrong.

Not all big decisions went Saints' way...

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought the disallowed Shane Long cheeky back heeled goal was a key decision that went Arsenal's way. Long was being fouled and should have had, at least, a penalty or his 'goal' allowed. To give a foul against him was totally wrong.

Not all big decisions went Saints' way...

Yes. You're right. I had forgotten that one. Like I said, they deserved their win, but we're on the fortunate side. Especially the trip on Koscielny. 

Archived