IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

Just now, Aaron-Bcfc said:

This guys going at a goal a game though. He's already out scored Kodjia from last season...

I know it's pretty mental. Hopefully no one else is paying attention whilst we sneak in and buy him. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. 

29 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I know it's pretty mental. Hopefully no one else is paying attention whilst we sneak in and buy him. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. 

There is zero chance "no one else is paying attention". 

A Cameroon striker in Ligue 2 has half the goals this guy has, but Palace and Everton are already interested..

Don't forget also that anyone who is not an EU passport holder has to get a work permit, too.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ah I see, that changes things; I understand the clubs reaction more now. I still believe he should be given a chance to redeem his career though.

Indeed. Think anybody in any line of work doing similar would have a hard time getting out of that one... apart from maybe top footballers who have a market value!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Was this the same event with Nigel Pearson's son?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

FD is a big powerful striker in Ligue 2 (playing for Clermont Ferrand) 23 years of age, 6 foot 2.5 and has 17 goals in 18 games, 10 ahead of the guy in second. On loan from sochaux I don't think he'd cost too much. 

An interesting aspect concerning Clermont Ferrand is that their manager/coach is a woman, Corinne Diacre.

Can you imagine that happening in English football?

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

An interesting aspect concerning Clermont Ferrand is that their manager/coach is a woman, Corinne Diacre.

Eventually yes.  Enough young women are taking their badges and the women's game is growing meaning they will get more chances to manage.  Eventually a female coach will build a reputation meaning she gets a chance at a decent non league club, then lower league club etc.  When you consider that Boston gave Gazza the manager's job when he was a raging alcoholic and known to be so, and Steve Harmison got a job at Ashington (equivalent level to Brislington Town) with zero football experience there is no reason why a well qualified and able woman can't manage a side.  

I suspect Mark Sampson will get a job at a decent league level sooner or later which could ironically pave the way for women coaches and managers.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yes; there are for example now several successful women chairman of football clubs when twenty years ago it was just Karen Brady,  I would expect that they'll come across from having successfully managed women's football teams for a few years beforehand.

I think it's self-evident that a good footballer does not equal a good manager; but I do see a big advantage for a manager in having played professional football before managing.  Famously Lawrie McMenemy used to be the one exception that hadn't.

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes; there are for example now several successful women chairman of football clubs when twenty years ago it was just Karen Brady,  I would expect that they'll come across from having successfully managed women's football teams for a few years beforehand.

I think it's self-evident that a good footballer does not equal a good manager; but I do see a big advantage for a manager in having played professional football before managing.  Famously Lawrie McMenemy used to be the one exception that hadn't.

Jose Mourinho had a poor footballing career as a player, but he's had a reasonable managerial career. His big break came  when he became Bobby Robson's interpreter 

6 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

You're literally the only person I've heard refer to him as that. I've been to every home game, many away games, and haven't heard it. And what a shit name it is too

But have you wheelie bin to every home game and many away games?

If there are knobheads calling JK that I really do despair:grr:

Archived