IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

29 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

I think he played for Norwich when lambert was boss there

Did wander if that was the case

18 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Has anyone ever claimed to have heard something from an unreliable source?

Ha, true - but I trust the person who told me this

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Can you really blame any player wanting to leave a struggling team ?

It's no fun getting beaten every week , your réputation risks to be ruined and your confidence takes a hammering.

This is why the club need to be at the top of their game to bring new players in , to sell them the club and a bright future in Bristol .

Not sure i have the confidence in them to do it .

I pray that they have it all in hand and that we are worrying for nothing but ...

No, don't blame him at all

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Fordy did mention yesterday he wasn't coming here. I'm off to buy a pair of boots...

That's what Kirk Cousins said last year, he's done alright!

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I always try to remain positive. But after hearing this yesterday, I'll have to admit that even I'm really struggling now. 

I think we're in a bit of bother here. 

Concur

10 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

But this can't be true, he's had a new kitchen fitted remember???

Ha, not been on here much over Christmas so missed that beauty!

Considering we haven't announced anyone by now says to me that any potential "completed deals" have been scuppered by other teams coming in and the players themselves being worried by our league position. Cotts & Lansdown have a huge job trying to persuade people to come here, let alone the job trying to get the players currently here to win a game.... 

I think we're relying on 'the best' in League 1 whilst paying other than odds for them, or gems like Kodjia from abroad which could turn out great or like another Styvar!

Cotts need to look at what he currently has, realise his current tactics/formation with this set of players isn't working and adapt it. 

Halfway through the season and unable to name a full bench.

I'm still scratching my head as to how we've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, so monumentally. 

It really is depressing when you think what might...nay SHOULD have been after the season we had last year. 

Just now, marmite said:

Cant believe we have let players go before getting replacements in AGAIN!!

They were loans, they were always going back - which makes me think we have at least 3 or 4 players lined up to replace them

Then I remembered the cluster**** that was our summer and I suspect we will go old skool on Saturday and just have one sub, who won't come on anyway

Just now, Woodsy said:

They were loans, they were always going back - which makes me think we have at least 3 or 4 players lined up to replace them

Then I remembered the cluster**** that was our summer and I suspect we will go old skool on Saturday and just have one sub, who won't come on anyway

Who needs subs?  We're going to play rush back goalies and flood the midfield.

Our problem is that any quality players from the English top 2 tiers are going to have other offers (or hope to) so they'll only come here as a last resort at the end of the window if nothing else has materialised. Additionally, loan players will have seen how are loanees in the 1st half of the season have not been used in some cases so that will put them off. Our best chance is foreigners wanting to come to England or lower league players who would like to step up, trouble is we've already got plenty of those.

Also looks like Blackburn will sell Jordan Rhodes and buy Danny Graham, that should see them raise serious funds.

Big blow if, as looks likely, Bennett goes elsewhere, then we'll need 5 new players not four and if the summer is anything to go by it is hard to be optimistic that we'll get either the numbers or the quality we need.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Also looks like Blackburn will sell Jordan Rhodes and buy Danny Graham, that should see them raise serious funds.

Big blow if, as looks likely, Bennett goes elsewhere, then we'll need 5 new players not four and if the summer is anything to go by it is hard to be optimistic that we'll get either the numbers or the quality we need.

I think realistically we need more like 6/7 new players if SC wants to continue with this system. GK, RWB, CB, DM, AM, S(x2)

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Well seeing as Bennett is off maybe it gives Wes more of a chance in the RWB role?

I thought that, can't see it though - rightly or wrongly SC seems to favour experience where possible. If I were Wes I'd be looking at a solid loan or even permenant transfer ASAP to get him playing time if he wants to get to the euros. 

Archived