IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

23 minutes ago, Cider red said:

in principle I agree, but if we couldn't get the likes of gray and Gayle to join in the summer, how on earth will we now. Like you say maybe unearthing another European gem will be our only hope of getting someone anywhere near their standard.

Tommy says look in Scandanavia?

1 hour ago, cynic said:

We went for Gray and Gayle and that is the calibre of striker we need - there must be one out there somewhere - abroad maybe...

Not seen any rumours but for me, I'd say go back to Palace and ask about Gayle again - not like he's got a decent sniff for a good while, and though our position is not good, not like Gayle isn't going to start every week here, thus her exposure.

A loan, or the sale of the likes of Gray (as in: one decent year at Brentford and he was off) might encourage him; tell him we need him, but will listen to offers as early as the summer if he performs.  

Be it him or a similar out of form/favour top level striker, I cannot believe we don't had the resources to make this a reality.  And right now we need them.

56 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Didn't Cardiff sign that danish striker then sell him in the same season, scandanavian leagues are normally of a poor standard Imo.

Most small , and many large , countries have weak leagues however even Scotland throws up a gem from time to time .

It's about scouting and luck !

The French 2nd division where Kodjia came from is really not great . These are small town or  village teams in the main and most would struggle in our 3rd division .

8 minutes ago, samo II said:

Not seen any rumours but for me, I'd say go back to Palace and ask about Gayle again - not like he's got a decent sniff for a good while, and though our position is not good, not like Gayle isn't going to start every week here, thus her exposure.

A loan, or the sale of the likes of Gray (as in: one decent year at Brentford and he was off) might encourage him; tell him we need him, but will listen to offers as early as the summer if he performs.  

Be it him or a similar out of form/favour top level striker, I cannot believe we don't had the resources to make this a reality.  And right now we need them.

I think there are other Prem clubs sniffing round ,there's talk of Norwich bidding for example . I think he will have more interesting propositions than we could offer .

6 minutes ago, Griffin said:

4 pages deep.. Nothing?

Yep. Loan rules all very interesting (thanks for the info all) but eff all. 

A lot of speculation but nothing coming out, which says the club is playing things extremely close. 

With a cup tie coming that give the club a little breathing space and perhaps God forbid starts for Burns and maybe Reid, Little et al

However the closer we get to our next league games the less chance of settling new players around the first team. 

As a former boss of mine once said "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING" :laugh:!

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I've heard from a reliable source that Bennett is now off to Blackburn. Apparently they've offered him more cash

Heard that before anywhere? If it's true, and I've no reason to doubt it, I think we should turn the lights off and go home

Ah, oh dear. I wasn't that enamoured with Bennett but would have preferred he stayed.. Could be a tricky month

The club is a joke. We are currently 3 players lighter. One of whom had started every game he's been here yet we let the loan expire with no deal in place. We had months to say we liked him and get it done. Not Bristol City and now we risk losing him. When the squad is this small, it is quite daft to let it get smaller without some deals in place. A week away from our next league match and we will barely it at all fill a bench. Club is being cheap and our league position is the evidence. 

21 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I've heard from a reliable source that Bennett is now off to Blackburn. Apparently they've offered him more cash

Heard that before anywhere? If it's true, and I've no reason to doubt it, I think we should turn the lights off and go home

I think he played for Norwich when lambert was boss there

31 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Has anyone ever claimed to have heard something from an unreliable source?

25 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Can you really blame any player wanting to leave a struggling team ?

It's no fun getting beaten every week , your réputation risks to be ruined and your confidence takes a hammering.

This is why the club need to be at the top of their game to bring new players in , to sell them the club and a bright future in Bristol .

Not sure i have the confidence in them to do it .

I pray that they have it all in hand and that we are worrying for nothing but ...

33 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Fordy did mention yesterday he wasn't coming here. I'm off to buy a pair of boots...

34 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I always try to remain positive. But after hearing this yesterday, I'll have to admit that even I'm really struggling now. 

I think we're in a bit of bother here. 

39 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

But this can't be true, he's had a new kitchen fitted remember???

Archived