IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

51 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

on topic for Jan (in order of priority)

1. Get Bennett and Baker at least until the end of the season
  2. Sign Quality Defensive Midfielder to complement Pack and Smith
  3. Get another striker in to go alongside Kodjia
  4. Sign Another right sided Defender to give us the option of going 4 at the back
  5. Bring in Back up to Fielding (why did Hamer go, I prefered him to Fielding myself)

4-2-3-1 (Fielding GK, Williams LB, Baker CB, Flint CB, New Signing RB, Smith CDM, New Signing CDM, Bryan LW, Freeman/Reid CAM, Bennett RW, Kodjia/New Signing CF)

4-3-3 (Fielding GK, Williams LB, Baker CB, Flint CB, New Signing RB, Smith CDM, Pack/Freeman CM, New Signing CM, Bryan LW, New Signing CF, Kodjia/Bennett RW)

5-3-2 (Fielding GK, Bryan LWB, Williams LCB, Baker RCB, Flint CB , Bennett RWB, Smith CDM, New Signing CDM, Freeman/Reid CAM, Kodjia CF, New Signing CF)

basically 3 good players (RB, CDM and CF) could make a massive massive impact and offer us the flexibility of 3 formations, also allowing us to have Ayling, Pack and Wilbraham as decent backup

what about a "playmaker" ?

Just been reading (re-reading) the FA Rules sect 6.6 re Loans:

Loan Rules

City already have Four long term loans [Baker, Hamer (doesn't matter that he's gone back to Leicester), Robinson and Moore. Long term loans can be full season (Baker, Hamer and Robinson) or half season (Moore).  That is the most we can have.  Therefore we cannot cannot get any further Long Term loans in this window.  Unless that is we make a current loan permanent.  Not sure of the likelihood of any happening?  Not sure if we can extend Moore though?  I think we can?

Emergency Loans can be 28-93 days and have their own window outside of the normal summer / winter window.  We acquired Bennett and Cox in the previous window.  We will need to wait for that loan window to re-open (after the winter window closes) to take an further players on (emergency) loan.

So for the next few weeks it will be permie transfers only (if at all), unless we can convince Baker, Moore or Robinson to sign permanently.

[i really hope I've got that right - just read it several times} :fingerscrossed:

Think you're right Dave, but I read it slightly differently re Robinson. Seems to me he would be a Youth Loan (20 or under on 1 July 2015) and as these seem to be distinguished from long term loans I don't think he'd count towards the 4 man limit. 

Clear as mud though ain't it? 

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Think you're right Dave, but I read it slightly differently re Robinson. Seems to me he would be a Youth Loan (20 or under on 1 July 2015) and as these seem to be distinguished from long term loans I don't think he'd count towards the 4 man limit. 

Clear as mud though ain't it? 

I did wonder that...but tied myself in knots.  Would be good news and scope for a half-season loan if so.  You would question using up all 4 at start of season otherwise.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

His interview in WellRed pointed us in this direction too.

He has also got involved Charity wise.

i think he has been a good loan signing, he wants to play and would make a good permanent addition to the squad. Do we know how much is left on his Norwich contract.  Signed 3 year in 2011 according to wiki, but no mention he signed a new one?

Out of contract in June, apparently.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just been reading (re-reading) the FA Rules sect 6.6 re Loans:

Loan Rules

City already have Four long term loans [Baker, Hamer (doesn't matter that he's gone back to Leicester), Robinson and Moore. Long term loans can be full season (Baker, Hamer and Robinson) or half season (Moore).  That is the most we can have.  Therefore we cannot cannot get any further Long Term loans in this window.  Unless that is we make a current loan permanent.  Not sure of the likelihood of any happening?  Not sure if we can extend Moore though?  I think we can?

Emergency Loans can be 28-93 days and have their own window outside of the normal summer / winter window.  We acquired Bennett and Cox in the previous window.  We will need to wait for that loan window to re-open (after the winter window closes) to take an further players on (emergency) loan.

So for the next few weeks it will be permie transfers only (if at all), unless we can convince Baker, Moore or Robinson to sign permanently.

[i really hope I've got that right - just read it several times} :fingerscrossed:

Or Bennett

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bennett doesn't count, as he is on EL.

Actually neither does Moore! 

A long term loan is someone signed pre 31 August through to Jan or for a full season (6.63 para 2), Moore was signed on 1 September until Jan only. 

So actually, we're not in too bad shape? We've used 2 of 4 it would seem to me on Hamer and Baker with Robinson a youth loan and Moore and Cox short term loans. 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

A long term loan is someone signed pre 31 August through to Jan or for a full season (6.63 para 2), Moore was signed on 1 September until Jan only. 

So actually, we're not in too bad shape? We've used 2 of 4 it would seem to me on Hamer and Baker with Robinson a youth loan and Moore and Cox short term loans. 

I believe Moore does as he was signed within the Summer transfer window, through to the January window.

12 minutes ago, 29AR said:

September 1st was the last day of the summer transfer window as August 31st was a bank holiday.

10 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

I believe Moore does as he was signed within the Summer transfer window, through to the January window.

Ahh I see. Fair point. 

Well personally I'd take the argument - the rule names a date rather than the closing of any window :) 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The rules are there to confuse. 

Haha too true.

However I would argue there is none re Moore. These are the standard rules for 2015-16 http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2015-16/038_standardised-rules.ashx and at the same part it refers to 31 August rather than 'closing of transfer window'. If they meant the end of the window I'd say they ballsed it up and we could rely upon that date, after all they knew (or ought to have known) the closing of the window when these rules were released. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Haha too true.

However I would argue there is none re Moore. These are the standard rules for 2015-16 http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2015-16/038_standardised-rules.ashx and at the same part it refers to 31 August rather than 'closing of transfer window'. If they meant the end of the window I'd say they ballsed it up and we could rely upon that date, after all they knew (or ought to have known) the closing of the window when these rules were released. 

Aren`t the rules Europe-wide? I bet we`re the only country that has an August Bank Holiday so UEFA would just ignore it if so. The FA would presumably then have to seek an `amendment` to cover it which I guess they would have - even they`re not that dim surely?

1 minute ago, cynic said:

24 goals in 7 years since his loan at Hull where he scored 15.

Thats 39 career league goals and he's 28.

He had bags of potential but a poor move to Sunderland and then Cardiff put that to bed.

Cynic by name, realist by nature

8 minutes ago, cynic said:

24 goals in 7 years since his loan at Hull where he scored 15.

Thats 39 career league goals and he's 28.

He had bags of potential but a poor move to Sunderland and then Cardiff put that to bed.

Are we in a position to be that picky? I think not. Would be an improvement on what we have currently imo. Scored goals at Cardiff in this division a couple of years back.

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

A total of 13.

If we are going to go for a striker, we need one worthy of the name.

We went for Gray and Gayle and that is the calibre of striker we need - there must be one out there somewhere - abroad maybe...

in principle I agree, but if we couldn't get the likes of gray and Gayle to join in the summer, how on earth will we now. Like you say maybe unearthing another European gem will be our only hope of getting someone anywhere near their standard.

Archived