IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Lafferty can't even make the bench at Norwich, his appearance there at the weekend was only the second or third time he's been on it this season.

He's been linked with Leeds, St. Etienne and interestingly despite what a previous president there said about him, with a return to Palermo.

No way will a Premiership team be interested though, I also have no idea if he is on our radar or within our wage structure and admittedly he is the definition of unpredictable, but anyone who has seen his displays for Northern Ireland this year will be hoping he is..

I'd seen he was on the bench last match, but realise he's not played for a good while; I know Alex Neil ruled out loaning him back when the window for that was open, but I cannot see them having such concerns over that in January.  

They might want to hold on to him until after the Euros, as his value might sky rocket, but I'd take him on loan for the remainder of the season; if he can pull it out for four months while he pitches for a starting place in France, then would happily take the residual benefits of that, then be looking to replace him this summer.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

....and with Norwich seemingly poised to sign Naismith, do we see the ripple effect of their players like Grabban and Lafferty? 

The money at work at Premier League level, I'm always cynical as to whether they ever actually 'need' to move players on.  But certainly think that if Naismith does head to Norwich, then they'll be top heavy with forwards, and Lafferty and Grabban will certainly be on the move - if only because they'll be in demand; Bournemouth certainly will be on the look out for reinforcements, what with all their signings from the summer still in treatment, and their likely involvement in a relegation scrap the second half of the season.

22 minutes ago, samo II said:

You'll not see me disagreeing; right now, I'd hope we are reaching out to any potential source of players - hell; go back to Palace about Gayle, as it is pretty clear he's not playing.  

If we could get Clough I'd be ecstatic, even if we weren't able to stay up, as think he has the talent to be a big player in the future, and certainly would be a major player in League One, were we to go down.  

Similar scenario with Adam Armstrong who is tearing it up at Coventry just now; young enough to warrant a gamble, and would also be a long term asset were we to head down a division.  

I'll admit to having been sceptical about buying high scoring League One players in the past; for example having seen him play I'd not thought much of Tom Bradshaw (see he's been out injured the last month; guy has a bad record for that), and Agard is not looking like even a 10 a season striker at this level (though he's not got much of a sniff, to be fair to him). 

Only thing that has me thinking there may be merit in it is Freddie Sears; last January he was touted as a potential signing after getting 10 in 24, but he was written off by many, as we were looking for players to possibly help next (this) year, if we went up - he then moved to Ipswich, and since has helped them to the play-offs, and scored 13 goals in 34 league games.  

So maybe we need to take a risk, but if we do I'd rather it was on someone like Armstrong, who is at least young enough to likely increase in value, and not break our wage budget.

I'd love to see Armstrong. Freddie Sears is a great example of written off player who I'd also be happy to see in the red and white.

30 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Oh the irony of saying Matt smith is a good enough goal scorer. He's basically 1 in 3. Wilbraham about 1 in 6. Agard I won't even venture to guess(ok I will, maybe 1 in 8). Point is 1-3 is better than we have. He fits this team, he fits our style, he fits the attitude. I'm not saying he's the perfect striker for us but anyone who watches a little football league show in the past year knows he provides goals, link up play and a bit of play making. When fit, and that's the biggest problem he has, he's a top half championship striker. 

1 in 3 is respectable....1 in 2 is the strikers holy grail, and although some better it, the benchmark us somewhere in between.  1 in 3 gets you 15 in a 46 game season.

if Kodjia gets 15 I see that as a success...in his first season.  I'd like to think he can double his current 9, but that will take an upturn in form for club and himself (according to recent views).  I don't get the criticism myself.  If he was the finished article 1) he'd have cost more than €3m and 2) he'd have scored better than 1 in 2 in French Second Tier.

Armstrong will be interesting as his loan runs out, so there may be plenty of clubs chasing him.  Coventry will feel worried I suspect.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1 in 3 is respectable....1 in 2 is the strikers holy grail, and although some better it, the benchmark us somewhere in between.  1 in 3 gets you 15 in a 46 game season.

if Kodjia gets 15 I see that as a success...in his first season.  I'd like to think he can double his current 9, but that will take an upturn in form for club and himself (according to recent views).  I don't get the criticism myself.  If he was the finished article 1) he'd have cost more than €3m and 2) he'd have scored better than 1 in 2 in French Second Tier.

Armstrong will be interesting as his loan runs out, so there may be plenty of clubs chasing him.  Coventry will feel worried I suspect.

Exactly. 1 in 3 is very respectable and even if he was 1 in every 4 he would open up a lot of space for Kodjia. 

15 is a respectable season and one we all would've taken when we signed him. Though I think that would be a little underwhelming now that we know what he can do and the chances he gets. Yes we have been poor but we play good football so the goals aren't a surprise. 

Depends on what Newcastle want to do with Armstrong. Maybe they don't want him growing up too fast. Maybe see if he can sustain a L1 season first. If he becomes available I would hope we get in line because the talent is there to score us goals. Though we'd be in for a battle with a few other championship sides. 

20 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

16 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Adam Smith from Northampton. Goalkeeper, 6'4

Interesting.

I noticed that Will Buckley went home from his loan spell at Leeds when Evans arrived there last; not a rumour, but he's certainly be a decent and proven attackinng option to challenge Freeman for a place in our midfield - was meant to be lined up for a move away in January too.  Would like to see him here.

Edit : no idea I've that blank Redandwhiterob quote in there!

22 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well it's not a good one, luckily it hasn't caught on and won't. Find it strange how some would think it's funny to say that arguably our most gifted player and top goal scorer "brings as much to the game as a wheelie bin".

The players need our support not ridicule, JK works bloody hard, tracks back constantly, fights for the ball.. (I saw him swing a punch at an opposition player a few weeks back in a fracas, luckily it wasn't seen by the ref).. He's a fighter and cares; you can see that by his frustration when his runs aren't picked out. The guy has been here only a few months and is in a new league learning a new language.. He's performed really well so far and done brilliantly to get 9 goals. He will only get better too.

If he wasn't trying and looked like he didn't care, this "wheelie bin" thing wouldn't annoy me so much - but Kodjia does care and is trying really hard, it's very unfair.

If it was Barton you'd have dialled 999.

hes a trier, the best we have but so one footed and does miss some stonkers, he's literally playing with no support and probably wishes he was back in France (can't blame him).

A few more that gave a f Jack including the manager wouldn't go a miss, he's raw and will get better with time and will tear up league one for us next season.

On 29 December 2015 at 08:15, demet78 said:

I'd give Kevin Nolan a call see if he fancies a deal til the end of the season, his experience in the middle would make a difference and definitely spend a few quid on a CF but who I wouldn't like to say! 

Yep, I've been saying we should look at Nolan for months on here. 99 premier league goals from midfield and a creative player who can also put himself about. Proven leader as well...

My potential signing list would be any of the following, understand some of these are far fetched.

Dack (Gillingham) 

Would pay very good money for this guy, watched some of him over the last year or so. Can score goals from midfield and assist rate is tidy. Good replacement for Freeman and can certainly step up.

Moncur (Colchester)

Another very good, young central midfielder who has scored goals for a poor poor team so far this year, has a few assist and is very combative. Another who would relish the step up.

Pratley (Bolton)

If ever a team to try it's now. Very good and experienced CM who would be ideal to play alongside Korey. With Boltons struggled at the moment would have a chance of signing.

Crouch (Stoke)

Very much a long shot but would be a perfect loan signing, almost forgotten about at Stoke and must be itching for game time. Would cause havoc for defences and also very mobile which is key. 

Palacios (Free Agent/Miami FC)

Former Spurs and Stoke player has somehow gone under the radar and began the season as a free agent. Steely midfield player with quality on the ball. Has signed for Miami FC but their season doesn't start till April.

Jenas (MOTD)

Currently sat on match of the day sofa. Has said he's looking to get back playing and is still fit. Has premiership pedigree and an abundance of experience and quality. 

Id also like to look abroad, having for me got a bit of a diamond in Kodjia, I think going back to France with the help of Kodjia would be beneficial. 

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

My potential signing list would be any of the following, understand some of these are far fetched.

Dack (Gillingham) 

Would pay very good money for this guy, watched some of him over the last year or so. Can score goals from midfield and assist rate is tidy. Good replacement for Freeman and can certainly step up.

Moncur (Colchester)

Another very good, young central midfielder who has scored goals for a poor poor team so far this year, has a few assist and is very combative. Another who would relish the step up.

Pratley (Bolton)

If ever a team to try it's now. Very good and experienced CM who would be ideal to play alongside Korey. With Boltons struggled at the moment would have a chance of signing.

Crouch (Stoke)

Very much a long shot but would be a perfect loan signing, almost forgotten about at Stoke and must be itching for game time. Would cause havoc for defences and also very mobile which is key. 

Former Spurs and Stoke player has somehow gone under the radar and began the season as a free agent. Steely midfield player with quality on the ball. Has signed for Miami FC but their season doesn't start till April.

Jenas (MOTD)

Currently sat on match of the day sofa. Has said he's looking to get back playing and is still fit. Has premiership pedigree and an abundance of experience and quality. 

Id also like to look abroad, having for me got a bit of a diamond in Kodjia, I think going back to France with the help of Kodjia would be beneficial. 

Some interesting suggestion, forgot about Jenas. He'd be good if we could get him match fit quickly.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Some interesting suggestion, forgot about Jenas. He'd be good if we could get him match fit quickly.

Probably exactly why nobody has bothered, I thought and hoped that BCFC have stopped signing players in the hope that some christmas miracle will keep them fit, remember Michael Bridges?.

26 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Dack (Gillingham) 

Moncur (Colchester)

Pratley (Bolton)

Crouch (Stoke)

Jenas (MOTD)

I thought Crouch got injured just as he found his way back into the first team matchday squad ? 

Football is a cruel mistress .

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought Crouch got injured just as he found his way back into the first team matchday squad ? 

Football is a cruel mistress .

I only seen him tweet at the weekend say what a performance, no wonder I can't get a run out...

i really like that guy. England record is phenomenal too 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Young guy does something stupid on holiday shocker. He may well totally regret the incident..

He may do but was sacked by Leicester for the incident. Something about racial epithet to the local women. 

Still no thanks 

Archived