IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I've been saying we should look at Nolan for months on here. 99 premier league goals from midfield and a creative player who can also put himself about. Proven leader as well...

But has he got the legs anymore?  In what position would you play him?

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

and far less mobile than Pack, which is also part of our problem, sorry not for me.

Agree, although wouldn't see him playing the holding midfield role, his latter years have been off of the front man or the most advanced midfielder in a 451.

He did nothing against us last season, in which he contributed one PL goal.

Not one for me.

@Bs4Red like the Moncur shout :thumbsup:

I see Bolasie is rumoured for Inter Milan at €27,000,000 ( £20m ). Depending on our supposed sell on clause this should/could surely increase our budget for January by anything from £2-4m. 

Failing that, it might pay off some of our ground rebuild cost when gates are down next year in League 1! :grr:

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Yeah like who has n't made a sex tape with their mates on holiday ? ...

My point is he's a young guy who did something stupid, should be given a chance to redeem himself and I stand by that. Many footballers do and get away with far worse than those boys, it just doesn't go public.

2 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I could see Grabban coming. I don't think he's prem quality but maybe could do a job in the Championship. May be a good choice to play off the wheelie-bin too.

You're literally the only person I've heard refer to him as that. I've been to every home game, many away games, and haven't heard it. And what a shit name it is too

• Admin
4 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

You're literally the only person I've heard refer to him as that. I've been to every home game, many away games, and haven't heard it. And what a shit name it is too

You've been to every City home and away game?

So who is wheelie-bin?

For a striker with Kodjia I'd be happy with  any of Lafferty, Famara Diedhiou or Tammy Abraham. The first 2 being permanent wouldn't mind with the third. 

Behind the front 2 I think we're fine with Freeman and Reid. I'm sure you're all aware by now that I think Reid should be playing every week right now. 

Centre midfield we have 2 players(not including Reid because he's simply not a central midfielder). Smith is a chanpuonship level player and in Pack you have someone who IMO in the right team could be an exceptional player at this level. Moncur, Kasim, N'Dong are three that I'd  like. The main priority for this player is their defensive capabilities. Sidwell would be a good potential loan. 

At the wing-backs we have one of the most exciting youngsters to come through in Bryan, he should be playing right now after his dip in form and for SC not to play him truly does confuse me. On the right we have Little and Bennett. Part of me thinks we should sign Bennett but then I actually think about it and wonder if there are players out there we could sign. Would burns be as effective as Bennett he's certainly quicker and I'm not sure either of them is that defensively able. 

For centre backs I feel we're okay. DW, AF NB, LA are all very able in the back three IMO. Baker clearly the least able footballer but probably the best when you're defending your goal. I probably wouldn't sign him on a permanent. But that's just me. Moxey would be perfect for our style of play in the LCB position. I can't really think of too many CBs I would like us to sign. They're a rareity at this level and we spent many a season trying to find one as good a Caulker. I'm sure there are some prem youngsters who would be open to a loan here to truly test themselves. But they wouldn't play. 

In goalkeeper (my position too) I'm still not decided about FF. Strangely his height is not often brought into question but instead his decision making, at fault for a few goals this season I would've kept Hamer in the team. But then again FF has saved 2 very important penalties, I think I would leave the gk position Untill the summer then sign Bentley and watch them fight for the starting position. 

Finally I'd be looking to bring in a few thousand supportive fans who don't get pissy or overreact constantly on a 6 month loan.

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

For a striker with Kodjia I'd be happy with  any of Lafferty, Famara Diedhiou or Tammy Abraham. The first 2 being permanent wouldn't mind with the third. 

Behind the front 2 I think we're fine with Freeman and Reid. I'm sure you're all aware by now that I think Reid should be playing every week right now. 

Centre midfield we have 2 players(not including Reid because he's simply not a central midfielder). Smith is a chanpuonship level player and in Pack you have someone who IMO in the right team could be an exceptional player at this level. Moncur, Kasim, N'Dong are three that I'd  like. The main priority for this player is their defensive capabilities. Sidwell would be a good potential loan. 

At the wing-backs we have one of the most exciting youngsters to come through in Bryan, he should be playing right now after his dip in form and for SC not to play him truly does confuse me. On the right we have Little and Bennett. Part of me thinks we should sign Bennett but then I actually think about it and wonder if there are players out there we could sign. Would burns be as effective as Bennett he's certainly quicker and I'm not sure either of them is that defensively able. 

For centre backs I feel we're okay. DW, AF NB, LA are all very able in the back three IMO. Baker clearly the least able footballer but probably the best when you're defending your goal. I probably wouldn't sign him on a permanent. But that's just me. Moxey would be perfect for our style of play in the LCB position. I can't really think of too many CBs I would like us to sign. They're a rareity at this level and we spent many a season trying to find one as good a Caulker. I'm sure there are some prem youngsters who would be open to a loan here to truly test themselves. But they wouldn't play. 

In goalkeeper (my position too) I'm still not decided about FF. Strangely his height is not often brought into question but instead his decision making, at fault for a few goals this season I would've kept Hamer in the team. But then again FF has saved 2 very important penalties, I think I would leave the gk position Untill the summer then sign Bentley and watch them fight for the starting position. 

Finally I'd be looking to bring in a few thousand supportive fans who don't get pissy or overreact constantly on a 6 month loan.

Who are Famara Diedhiou, Tammy Abraham and N'Dong? Haven't heard of any of them; French?

58 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I could see Grabban coming. I don't think he's prem quality but maybe could do a job in the Championship. May be a good choice to play off the wheelie-bin too.

Grabban would be an excellent addition, but I see him going to loftier clubs than us, but he could be the catalyst to a merry go round like earlier in the season (Grabban, Afobe, Kermogamt).

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Who are Famara Diedhiou, Tammy Abraham and N'Dong? Haven't heard of any of them; French?

FD is a big powerful striker in Ligue 2 23 years of age, 6 foot 2.5 and has 17 goals in 18 games, 10 ahead of the guy in second. On loan from sochaux I don't think he'd cost too much. 

Tammy Abraham is a Chelsea youth player, plays for their u21s and scored 41 goals last season in a range of competitions. Big, very quick and awkward but only 18 certainly expect him to play at a high level. 

N'Dong is probably a better French version of Korey smith. Scored 1 unbelievable goal vs Monaco too. Plays for Lorient and is doing very well for just 21. 

3 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Wasn't he one of the 3 footballers who made a sex tape while on holiday in Thailand ? They had to apologise for what they did .

No thanks

Yeah, obviously it's not a nice thing to do, but he also never broke the law and he's been heavily shamed for his actions. It's certainly not something he'll ever do again. 

Personally I'd take him based on Northampton fans opinions of him. Plus we desperately need a keeper and Bentley would cost far, far more. Anyway, everyone on here seems to have no problem with us getting Bradley Dack...

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

FD is a big powerful striker in Ligue 2 23 years of age, 6 foot 2.5 and has 17 goals in 18 games, 10 ahead of the guy in second. On loan from sochaux I don't think he'd cost too much. 

Tammy Abraham is a Chelsea youth player, plays for their u21s and scored 41 goals last season in a range of competitions. Big, very quick and awkward but only 18 certainly expect him to play at a high level. 

N'Dong is probably a better French version of Korey smith. Scored 1 unbelievable goal vs Monaco too. Plays for Lorient and is doing very well for just 21. 

Thanks, interesting. I'll look them up.

4 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

My potential signing list would be any of the following, understand some of these are far fetched.

Dack (Gillingham) 

Would pay very good money for this guy, watched some of him over the last year or so. Can score goals from midfield and assist rate is tidy. Good replacement for Freeman and can certainly step up.

Moncur (Colchester)

Another very good, young central midfielder who has scored goals for a poor poor team so far this year, has a few assist and is very combative. Another who would relish the step up.

Pratley (Bolton)

If ever a team to try it's now. Very good and experienced CM who would be ideal to play alongside Korey. With Boltons struggled at the moment would have a chance of signing.

Crouch (Stoke)

Very much a long shot but would be a perfect loan signing, almost forgotten about at Stoke and must be itching for game time. Would cause havoc for defences and also very mobile which is key. 

Palacios (Free Agent/Miami FC)

Former Spurs and Stoke player has somehow gone under the radar and began the season as a free agent. Steely midfield player with quality on the ball. Has signed for Miami FC but their season doesn't start till April.

Jenas (MOTD)

Currently sat on match of the day sofa. Has said he's looking to get back playing and is still fit. Has premiership pedigree and an abundance of experience and quality. 

Id also like to look abroad, having for me got a bit of a diamond in Kodjia, I think going back to France with the help of Kodjia would be beneficial. 

We can't loan anyone over the age of 24 sadly, we've already used up our allocation. 

9 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I've got a few foreign recommendations on strikers.

Famara Diedhiou has already been mentioned but I think he'd almost certainly be out of our reach, he could play in their top division with ease.

Ilija Nestorovski 

Hyun Jun Suk

Bare in mind Kodjia was too. 

Archived