IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

It is only the 5th. If we haven't made progress by our next League game I'll start to worry but for now it is fine.

I don't disagree but by this time next week we'll have already played Preston at home.

To go into that match with no more players than we have today and a subs bench looking very similar to the one on the opening day would be disastrous.

6 hours ago, Robin Ashton said:

Rumour on Twitter that M'boro want Korey Smith.

What that means his kid would have a northern accent, just like Micky Naynard

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Lucky we don't have to sell. Why would they think we could sell, even if we wanted to. 

:laugh:! I'm buying boots Cotswold. Could stay longer if I'm getting more game time than Wes!

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

To what end fella?

Absolutely no idea! But there comes a point where mismanagement of the club can no longer have any logic and is reckless in the extreme. 

Fortunately, I think this rumour has no legs at all, as far as City wanting to sell is concerned. 

9 hours ago, Bristol City Bassett 97 said:

Realistic Transfer Targets:

Serge Gnabry- Loan to the end of the season- just been recalled from West Brom as he wasn't getting enough game time

Sébastien Haller - FC Utrecht- 11 goals this season

Kyle Bartley- Swansea City CB

Gary Gardener- Aston Villa- Loan to end of the season

Realistic?

Norwich have been after Haller for months, Bartley is in Swansea's match day squad on a regular basis.

Realistic is more like Ingham, the Wycombe goalkeeper, Neil Danns and either Kermorgant or Matt Smith.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Absolutely no idea! But there comes a point where mismanagement of the club can no longer have any logic and is reckless in the extreme. 

Fortunately, I think this rumour has no legs at all, as far as City wanting to sell is concerned. 

I would be amazed if someone was NOT interested in Smith, whether it be Boro or anyone else. But I agree selling at this point would be an enormous risk, bordering on reckless, if we don't have someone REALLY good coming in. 

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I would be amazed if someone was NOT interested in Smith, whether it be Boro or anyone else. But I agree selling at this point would be an enormous risk, bordering on reckless, if we don't have someone REALLY good coming in. 

I think that's the point. Replacing Korey could only make sense AFTER someone has arrived. Our entire predicament is founded on letting many players go before anyone has arrived in their place. 

18 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Lucky we don't have to sell. Why would they think we could sell, even if we wanted to. 

I'd be a lot less worried if we'd not sold Cunningham and not replaced him this summer.

We seem happy with one player per position currently, and being we've not only got Bobby Reid, but have previously played Bryan through the middle, I find it hard to completely rule out the possible loss of any players, certainly where the team interested will likely make the Premier League next year.

It is completely insane that when looking at our first team squad are we not only counting El Abd and Wagstaff, who've barely played or not played for us over the last six months, but also O'Leary, who hasn't even debuted yet.  

Equally; the fact we withdrew two players with injuries last match, and have at least one other on treatment, with two of them in a position (centre back) where to continue playing our preferred system we only have El Abd for cover, suggests we have no strategy to counter unexpected events such as these - what if Flint or Ayling got sent off?  Who plays then?

I realise we don't want to mess up our finances, but it seems completely counter-intuitive not to be aggressive in trying to stay in this league when a return to the league below will absolutely hit us in the pocket.  Investment now isn't reckless; it's prudent, and deferring costs might seem like a smart idea, but not if it leads to League One football, and all the income reductions that involves.

I do wonder if the fact we are so close to safety isn't almost hurting us; were we 5-6 points off, the argument that we 'might' be able to pull off safety with a squad of 18 or less would seem ridiculous, but yet here we are, close to the line, so maybe the prevailing logic is we can do it on crumbs.

I hope the club makes me look like a naysayer and pulls in a handful of signings this week (as what better time to bed them in than a game in a cup that looks challenging at best), but you'll forgive me being skeptical.

8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think that's the point. Replacing Korey could only make sense AFTER someone has arrived. Our entire predicament is founded on letting many players go before anyone has arrived in their place. 

Exactly. Seems many including the club/board/manager thought we would get better than JET and Cunningham, even the reserve keeper

Dreadful! 

Not playing subs until there is 30 seconds left is not even giving some experience or a little playing time to at least give us an ongoing option and the transfer debacle is what it is. 

SL must be fuming. Everyone has let him down, board, manager, Pelling et al. We as supporters have a right to feel let down too. I know I do and it must be worse for season ticket holders!

i still think we will stay up, but, they all have to start showing up for 98 minutes if bloody necessary!

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

The club didn't get rid of JET, he left and wouldn't have signed a contract if offered.

But with him and Cunningham going and the monies it freed up, it led me to believe that there was a big signing lined up (possibly Gray as it turned out). It didn't come off, but no one would have mentioned JET or Cunningham if it did. In hindsight, getting rid of Cunningham was a poor decision - but might have been done for good reasons.

JET was a strange move. I got the impression he wanted too much cash but he seemed also surprised to be leaving. 

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

The club didn't get rid of JET, he left and wouldn't have signed a contract if offered.

But with him and Cunningham going and the monies it freed up, it led me to believe that there was a big signing lined up (possibly Gray as it turned out). It didn't come off, but no one would have mentioned JET or Cunningham if it did. In hindsight, getting rid of Cunningham was a poor decision - but might have been done for good reasons.

Is that just your opininon or is it fact?

Genuine question btw, I've no idea but it's not the impression I got from the interviews/noises coming from Cotterill and player.

I'm sure he's doing this.. But if I was Steve Lansdown I would be sitting down with Cotts and asking 'what's the plan?' and this includes supplying a list of players and asking why he's not able to utilise the subs bench and why he feels flogging the strikers is a good idea!

Basically if he hasn't got a plan I would be relieving Cotts of duty and get someone in who does have one!

Having said all that I really wants Cotts to show us that everything is under control and unvail 5 new quality players by the weekend. 

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

JET was a strange move. I got the impression he wanted too much cash but he seemed also surprised to be leaving. 

12 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Is that just your opininon or is it fact?

Genuine question btw, I've no idea but it's not the impression I got from the interviews/noises coming from Cotterill and player.

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

My understanding is JET was wanting to stay and negotiate a contract as his had expired. SC choose not to renegotiate as he had forward options in the fire and hence the managers statement/excuse about believing JET needed playing time so as not to upset supporters who by and large liked the player. 

Cunningham had one year left on his contract and we believed we had cover and as such the player wanted to leave and get games which at that time it seemed he would not so City cashed in for maximum value

I'm thinking Cunningham was also last of the high earners. Good player but having a top salary player as a 2nd/3rd choice left back made no sense. I'm just guessing but I could imagine Bryan and Williams wages together being about what Cunningham was on. 

see bbc reporting that Glasgow rangers have agreed a pre contract with josh windass from Accrington. He has looked very lively albeit in league 2. But young and British. Good business as well as rangers only have to pay training compensation. They also signed midfielder crooks from Accrington on same sort of deal. Forward planning for next season, take a look bcfc!!

Archived