IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

Realistically what sort of players are we even looking at? It can only really be younger players from lower leagues.

Darren Gibson & Aiden Mcgeedy both looking for loans away from Everton but we would be about 20th choice at the moment for either of them.

A, Any decent players would like to stay in the Prem Or top end of championship

B, Can we pay any of these players wages even if they agreed to come here.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure KITR confirmed Greg is a bit of a joker and that we got £400k for him..

Apparently he's said it off twitter as well. Wanting first team football and being one of our higher earners we were okay with him leaving. 

11 minutes ago, Chappers said:

From what I have heard and seen, Windass would have been an excellent signing, regardless of current Club. And is top half of League Two any worse than the French third tier?

Windass would be a good signing for any championship team. (Except us who would play him out of position as CB or something)

8 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He'd be good, sadly I think most of this league would fancy him if he was made available.

Darren Bent - not that I think it would happen, but you wouldn't want to loan him to a promotion rival would you.....you might loan him to a side where his influence and goals might take points off of your rivals.

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

Depends how Derby would feel about helping a former Forest manager as well though.

I doubt they'd give it two seconds of thought . The only thing that counts in football these days is spondoolies so if they could get a good loan fee and reduce their wage bill he'd be pulling on a City shirt before you could say ' Brian Clough ' .

I'd expect so too, would depend how Bent would feel from a team at the top of the table to one in the drop zone. I still think going after Bradshaw would be a good shot, the lad has a 1 in 2 rate for Walsall, age and potential on his side. Apparently the stint he had at Loughborough over the summer has helped with his hamstring, he's lighter and faster as well. 

5 hours ago, hodge said:

He's got a track record for winding up supporters on twitter. He once answered "who's the best trainer at City?" with Steve Davies, for instance. You can't take his tweets at face value.

http://mobile.pnefc.net//news/article/cunningham-completes-permanent-move-2574939.aspx

"Greg Cunningham has become Preston North End’s fourth summer signing, agreeing a two-year deal, moving from Bristol City to Deepdale for an undisclosed fee"

What reason would Preston have to lie to their own supporters, exactly?

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Darren Bent - not that I think it would happen, but you wouldn't want to loan him to a promotion rival would you.....you might loan him to a side where his influence and goals might take points off of your rivals.

30 k a week maybe a problem too , unless he fancies a 20 k a week pay cut ????

But it very much implies a fee of some description. If it was on a free, why would they not say that, rather than lead their supporters into believing they paid more than they did?

Plus Greg had a year left on his deal here, so contractually speaking he couldn't leave on a free, unless we chose to pay it up ourselves.

There's just so many reasons that isn't true, but it didn't stop a lot of City fans going into a meltdown at the time

Darren Bent is exactly the sort of player, with exactly the type of experience, we could do with at present. We've created a lot of chances lately that a poacher would have scored. Someone like Bent, even on a high price loan deal, could save us just by having the nack of being in the right place at the right time.

4 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Darren Bent is exactly the sort of player, with exactly the type of experience, we could do with at present. We've created a lot of chances lately that a poacher would have scored. Someone like Bent, even on a high price loan deal, could save us just by having the nack of being in the right place at the right time.

And a Derby might pay some of his wages too.  As I said above, can't see this happening...but he would be an excellent signing if his attitude was right.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

And a Derby might pay some of his wages too.  As I said above, can't see this happening...but he would be an excellent signing if his attitude was right.

Seems to work for all parties. Luckily, as with every other player on the move already, we don't seem to be even paying attention!

22 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

30 k a week maybe a problem too , unless he (Darren Bent) fancies a 20 k a week pay cut ????

We're in the last chance saloon where things go crazy. If Derby pay some of his salary, Steve Lansdown might decide that paying crazy money is cheaper than being relegated. 

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

We're in the last chance saloon where things go crazy. If Derby pay some of his salary, Steve Lansdown might decide that paying crazy money is cheaper than being relegated. 

Let's hope and pray that he has a change of heart compared to the summer !!!

Was chatting to a Derby ST holder in work today.  Funnily enough we didn't talk about Bent, but we were talking about Simon Dawkins, ex-Spurs player who can't get in their team.

From memory he was a useful youngster with potential, now 28.  Thought he might be someone on our radar previously. Go and look him up on Wikipedia and he's signed TODAY for San Jose Earthquakes.

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

The way things are going , ANY first team  signings would be greeted with mass hysteria and dancing in the streets !  :dancing2::dancing6:

There would be hordes of Redz at Bristol Airport to mob them, flashlights going off everywhere, scarves being thrust around his neck before his huge minders in black suits, white shirts, black ties and shades help him surge through the crowds to the waiting limo with blacked out windows before it speeds off to the Gate where he is introduced at a packed press conference and signs a contract in front of the adoring media whilst our chairman stands behind him holding a City scarf aloft to give extra drama to the photos that will feature in every red top the next day.....or was that at Galatasary??!

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I thought him and another guy from Stanley were Glasgow Rangers bound?

They are, there were a few comments about us signing players from 'lowly' teams like Accrington, even though it's feasible that we will be in the same League next season.

Archived