IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

3 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

What's the point in letting agard go and bringing smith in?... We would then need another striker!

Agard sits on the bench Smith will start. I take your point about getting another striker but if this is a deal where the players are swapped it would be a good one and we still have Burns

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps they can swap ? 

I'm not sure, it's as clear as mud!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/championship-financial-fair-play-2867176.aspx here it states the sanction is against registering any new players unless as a squad they fall below 24 players over 21 who have made 5 starting appearances. Not certain if they come in to this amount but a quick look on Wiki seems to suggest they may well do.

But, going a bit further they can then only sign someone if the employee costs are £600k or less [employee costs: wonder if that includes employers' national insurance, pension contributions, kits, bonuses?]. Even if you can exclude those costs of employment it's a weekly wage of £11k ish, and yet any agents fees have to be taken out from this amount. I would suspect that Agard may be out of reach for this reason.

If not, it then says clubs under an FFP cannot pay a transfer fee or pay compensation for a professional player. Whether a swap could be done seems questionable. My guess would be that even in a swap deal and even if it was £X plus Agard for Matt Smith logically you'd say whatever the difference between MS value and what was paid amounts to compensation for transferring Agard to them. Behind all this I would guess there may be tax/accounting reasons why Agard could not be artificially valued at £nil.

Archived