IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

On 1/16/2016 at 23:44, joe jordans teeth said:

On 1/17/2016 at 11:28, pongo88 said:

On 1/19/2016 at 13:35, Iron Man said:

CZFZQBBUYAA3v84.jpg:large

99% that's Gladwin on the right

Madine seems to have made a total of 88 appearances at Championship level, for 4 different clubs, scoring 10 goals in the process.

About 1 goal in 9 then.

That in itself should be enough to give him a wide berth.

This is desperate if true - what the hell are City playing at?

To be fair, does anybody know the reaction of QPR/Blackburn supporters when they signed Bradley Orr? 

You know, Saint Bradley who did time for his part in the nightclub incident and also headbutted his team mate (Carey) during a match which was live on Sky? I liked Bradley, good player but he made mistakes. Don't know much about Madine does anything sound familiar though!?

At the end of the day we don't have the pick of whoever we like. We have no manager/coach, and are currently looking likely to go down (although that could very quickly change). If he comes in, does a job, and keeps his nose clean, then fine by me. 

Joey Barton seems to be doing ok at the moment as well....

Can we please wait until he at least plays a couple of games for us before we completely write him off...

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

To be fair, does anybody know the reaction of QPR/Blackburn supporters when they signed Bradley Orr? 

You know, Saint Bradley who did time for his part in the nightclub incident and also headbutted his team mate (Carey) during a match which was live on Sky? I liked Bradley, good player but he made mistakes. Don't know much about Madine does anything sound familiar though!?

At the end of the day we don't have the pick of whoever we like. We have no manager/coach, and are currently looking likely to go down (although that could very quickly change). If he comes in, does a job, and keeps his nose clean, then fine by me. 

Joey Barton seems to be doing ok at the moment as well....

Can we please wait until he at least plays a couple of games for us before we completely write him off...

Come on Taz, you know how this works.....

I wouldn't mind him to be honest, as I said on another thread, nob off the pitch he might be, but he's a nasty bastard and I think there's a space in the squad for that. If he's a **** on the training ground I'm sure Little will sort him out......

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Was on at least £15k per week at Mboro before a £3.5m move to Bmouth in the summer. Has said he wants to play premier league as long as he can, but linked with a move to Hull. 

Sounds EXACTLY like an SC target. 

Ouch!

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Madine seems to have made a total of 88 appearances at Championship level, for 4 different clubs, scoring 10 goals in the process.

About 1 goal in 9 then.

That in itself should be enough to give him a wide berth.

This is desperate if true - what the hell are City playing at?

That is Championship experience, for us. Bags of it. 

Ben Gladwin has played fewer pro games than Bobby Reid.

We are desperate.

Ok, leaving myself open to ridicule here but I’m not against this transfer. Ok I’m not happy about his off field antics but I’m hoping he has learnt his lesson and he has grown up a bit since doing bird.  However what I see from a playing point of view is a player very similar to Wilbraham but at 25 is 11 years younger than him with hopefully still his best years to come. He has played (and scored) at mainly Championship and League One level.  His strike rate is similar to that of Robbie Turner, who in my opinion was one half of the best striking partnership I have seen at City, and hopefully in Kodjia we will have the Bob Taylor role filled as well. I also believe that Kodjia has scored all but one of his goals this season when Wilbraham has been alongside him so with a younger fitter Wilbraham in that role this partnership may well blossom into a relegation avoiding one. Ok he is no Andre Gray, Dwight Gayle or even a Bradley Dack, the transfer may not even happen but if it does let’s not write the bloke off just yet especially when we may have finally found someone who actually wants to sign for us on a permanent basis.

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Bolton must be absolutely p*ssing themselves laughing if this is true. Zachary Clough to Gary Madine in the space of 2 weeks!!

Well  Madine is their top scorer and has made more appearances than Clough this season

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Well  Madine is their top scorer and has made more appearances than Clough this season

Damned lies and statistics! 

Fair shout fella but I'm pretty sure that we know which one is the better player with greater value, and the player that Bolton would rather keep going forwards and the player that they would rather get rid of. 

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

Bolton must be absolutely p*ssing themselves laughing if this is true. Zachary Clough to Gary Madine in the space of 2 weeks!!  

I don't think anyone connected with Bolton Wanderers are laughing at anything much at all at the moment .

Despite our suffering is there anyone who would swap places with them ? 

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

hes 6ft3 so could replace Wilbs for the last however long if we still need his defending qualities.

thats assuming madine can head the ball

Anyone at Bolton away will be aware that he absolutely can not head the ball. Missed 2 identical sitters from 5 yards with his head. He was so bad in fact, that despite coming on as a sub at half time, was taken off before the end of the game. 

The rumour is bollocks though and I can't believe people have fell for it, looking at the tweet it's clearly a Bolton fan on the wind up.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

1 random guy says jokingly that Madine is coming here and suddenly everyone goes bonkers and starts to blame anyone they can. Chill out, Garita will keep us up he's the greatest 50k punt in existence. 

I'm glad somebody has sense.  There is no confirmation that City are interested in Madine.  He's just another random name thrown into the pot.

Archived