IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

6 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

This thread should read- we will look at every random player until we get one over the line and he will be 'exactly what we were looking for'... There are 4 days left and we don't look like signing anybody, it's all just pathetic rumours with no substance. 

4 Days, 22 hours and 1 minute. The deadline is 11pm on Monday February 1st.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why are we increasing our bid when @TETBURY MASSIVE (little goat) has already informed us that Dack has visited the City training ground in December and agreed personal terms? He also told us that now SC has left Dack has no interest in joining City, so putting another bid in would be pointless.

Of course maybe none of that is true and in fact we haven't agreed personal terms with Bradley Dack (because we haven't even agreed a fee with Gills) and we know that he would in fact still be interested in joining a club in a higher division that would more than double his wages.

Who knows!

Why is it unthinkable he'd be here before a fee is agreed for a look around? If I was in Gill's shoes with Dack I might say to him BCFC are interested, go and have a word see if you like it and if you do we will see if we can all agree a deal.

Managers typically go around and have a chat and then terms get agreed for the compensation if all parties are interested. Steve Clarke did with Reading v Fulham, I'm pretty sure GJ came here had a word and then the deal with Yeovil was thrashed out. Transfer deadline day sees it happen quite a lot - although not in Berahino's case - but what you're suggesting as unthinkable doesn't seem to be to me. It doesn't even seem controversial.

Jon Stead - turned us down and thrashed out a deal. Dack may have been thinking someone else would come in and now his agent, his club even (who I think are merely posturing for exactly this - a bigger bid) are getting twitchy.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Why is it unthinkable he'd be here before a fee is agreed for a look around? If I was in Gill's shoes with Dack I might say to him BCFC are interested, go and have a word see if you like it and if you do we will see if we can all agree a deal.

Managers typically go around and have a chat and then terms get agreed for the compensation if all parties are interested. Steve Clarke did with Reading v Fulham, I'm pretty sure GJ came here had a word and then the deal with Yeovil was thrashed out. Transfer deadline day sees it happen quite a lot - although not in Berahino's case - but what you're suggesting as unthinkable doesn't seem to be to me. It doesn't even seem controversial.

Jon Stead - turned us down and thrashed out a deal. Dack may have been thinking someone else would come in and now his agent, his club even (who I think are merely posturing for exactly this - a bigger bid) are getting twitchy.

Yep, agree. Think in an attempt to point score over TM, Kid has had a fail there.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Possible. However, usually a fee needs to be agreed between the selling club and the interested club before a player is given permission to talk to the interested club.

It would be surprising if Gills allowed their prized asset a day trip to Bristol to discuss and agree personal terms when by all accounts we were/are some considerable way off meeting their valuation of the player.

I'm sure if there's an explanation then TM will furnish us...

I was thinking this morning "I can't remember a more depressing transfer window" then I thought "Yes I can the last one". If we don't do the right business, and above all else that is a goal scorer, before it closes we are stuffed.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Possible. However, usually a fee needs to be agreed between the selling club and the interested club before a player is given permission to talk to the interested club.

It would be surprising if Gills allowed their prized asset a day trip to Bristol to discuss and agree personal terms when by all accounts we were/are some considerable way off meeting their valuation of the player.

I'm sure if there's an explanation then TM will furnish us...

Leverage I guess (but I am guessing and relying on TM's word which has been on point a number of times). Against us; you got it all wrapped up so now we hold you to ransom over the fee and against others; Dack has agreed terms with BCFC, if you want him then let the auction commence. 

If they were resigned to losing him, which they ought to be given his form and form can be temporary, I can't see it harms them to say 'go and have a word then'. I can see harm in agreeing a fee in December as where do you go in terms of negotiations? That's why it seems plausible to me that they'd let him down for an afternoon. 

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Dack will probably need 2M , it is January after all. Just get on with it, if we were offering 6 to 9 M for players in the summer.  Lee Tomlin is a good player at our level too and would be a good signing. 

Apparently Tomlin has packed on the pounds recently...

Dack is the type of signing we should be looking at in our position though, the potential to keep us up, but should we go down would be the type of player we need to make an immediate return.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Apparently Tomlin has packed on the pounds recently...

Dack is the type of signing we should be looking at in our position though, the potential to keep us up, but should we go down would be the type of player we need to make an immediate return.

****ing sensible post.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Adding to the cynical fayre on here perhaps we will finally agree a fee, the lad will come down and agree personal terms and then some 'agent' in the boardroom will pick up the phone to Messrs Scally and ask for a 500k discount 1 hour before the window shuts.

Why the cock and balls between the words Location and Manila?

Uncle TFR

32 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Obviously John Meads tells lies....... apologies.

It's hard to get excited about any of these rumours when 1) none of them ever seem to happen apart from those that are uninspiring loans and 2) I don't even know where the likes of Smith/Tomlin would fit in our system now the 3-5-2 has been scrapped and a new manager that comes in might not even rate them.

Hope this Tomlin one actually sticks but probably not!    42 appearances, 10 assists 7 goals last season for Boro,    signed for 3.5 mill in the summer for Bournemouth,   fail to see how he would not be an absolute regular in the team regardless of who the manager is for the rest of the season...

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

I wouldn't want Tomlin, you need to cover big spaces in that CAM role and he hasn't got that. Dack would be great though. 

You'd probably rather have Reid, right? 

One of the better midfielders around in the lower leagues over the past few years is Tomlin and he's a bit of bite. Exactly what we want/need. 

Archived