IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

David Noble from Exeter. Danny Wright from Cheltenham. Paddy Madden from S****horpe. Diego Costa from Chelsea. Louis Carey - retired. Fatty Wedlock - dead. 

We are very unlikely to sign any of the above, but I thought I throw the names in, as they are as realistic as most of the other suggestions / rumours. 

59 minutes ago, maxjak said:

"Holy S**T out of Luck" Batman.  Here we are on Page 50, and we are no nearer to recruiting one single permanent signing than we were when this whole escapade began. I' m betting on reaching Page 250 before we swoop for an Albanian U21 International midfielder from Deportivo Wanka?    (Yes they exist…….Google it)

What playing in Huancayo, Peru?

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

"Holy S**T out of Luck" Batman.  Here we are on Page 50, and we are no nearer to recruiting one single permanent signing than we were when this whole escapade began. I' m betting on reaching Page 250 before we swoop for an Albanian U21 International midfielder from Deportivo Wanka?    (Yes they exist…….Google it)

I did, and they do.

The team is based in Huancayo in the Peruvian Andes, leading to the popular fan chant “Andes where we can see them, you Wankas”.  

15 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Bristol City have bid accepted for Gary Madine he is on his way down there for talks #bwfc bcfc

....and another, our search for the holy grail striker continues.

.....but what came first, the striker or the manager?

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

If that is true it is a sign of how desperate we've become and how having no permanent manager is no help to us at all at present.

Madine is pretty average at best, still it might stop those "at least now Cotterill has gone we are signing players" posts.

Somewhat missing the real point that we have actually only brought in 2 temporary signings with 1 league start between them this season.

This is the sort of signing a team that is on its way down makes...

14 hours ago, BristolBEAT said:

Really Really Don't rate him. Every time he has been down the gate. I've always said thank god it's only Gary Madine we won't have any troubles at the back today! Was awful at Wednesday.

I'm ignoring the bits about GBH, that's a moral decision for club.  Of course we can have our opinions.  I'll choose not to.

Re Madine as a footballer - I've seen him play once I think?  At AG v Coventry in the JPT.  I thought he was one of the best target men I saw against us last season.  His touch was excellent, strong on the ball, and for 45 minutes and spells in second half, we chased shadows, with O'Brien pulling strings too.  Madine got a couple of shots away on target and made life difficult for our defenders that night.

Its one game, so maybe that was a good day at the office, and he really is crap....but I can only judge on what I've seen.  That is hopefully why our Player Acquisition team watch a player more than once.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I'm ignoring the bits about GBH, that's a moral decision for club.  Of course we can have our opinions.  I'll choose not to.

Re Madine as a footballer - I've seen him play once I think?  At AG v Coventry in the JPT.  I thought he was one of the best target men I saw against us last season.  His touch was excellent, strong on the ball, and for 45 minutes and spells in second half, we chased shadows, with O'Brien pulling strings too.  Madine got a couple of shots away on target and made life difficult for our defenders that night.

Its one game, so maybe that was a good day at the office, and he really is crap....but I can only judge on what I've seen.  That is hopefully why our Player Acquisition team watch a player more than once.

You should have seen him this season when we played up at Bolton. Missed 2 headed chances that were easier to score than miss. I don't believe there is any truth in this "rumour" whatsoever.

Just reading the Bournemuff forum -

Looks like he definitely wants out from some Tweets he posted

Looks like Ipswich, Leeds also possibly sniffing

The above photo is my worry about him

Edit - Just noticed that's a Boro kit btw !

If he's motivated and gets himself fittiish (he always seems to be carrying a kilo or two) he's got the quality we are missing

We would need to play to his strengths and don't expect to see many 40 yard runs

Bristol City keen on Dack

Bristol City will test Gillngham’s resolve with a renewed bid for their star midfielder Bradley Dack.

The Robins have had three offers for 22 year-old Dack rejected by League One promotion chasers Gillingham.

The latest was a £1m offer last week.
But Bristol City are refusing to give up on landing Dack and set to return with an improved fourth offer.
Dack has been in stunning form this season for Gillingham, scoring 14 goals in 32 games.

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree - ( top quality at his best )

IF

His attitude is positive

and

Hes anywhere near fit

I don't think we can afford to be picky! Well except if his fitness Is like coxs  .

I can see us being in for him but now the other champ teams have been alerted and we still have no manger then we all know who he's going to pick! 

9 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I don't think we can afford to be picky! Well except if his fitness Is like coxs  .

I can see us being in for him but now the other champ teams have been alerted and we still have no manger then we all know who he's going to pick! 

We have geographical advantage here if it's a loan - ;)

could prob commute from his penthouse flat in Bournemuff 

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I wouldn't want Tomlin, you need to cover big spaces in that CAM role and he hasn't got that. Dack would be great though. 

One of the best attackers in the championship for the last 5 seasons, yet not good enough for relegation candidates Bristol city?!? :thumbsup:

fear not, he will go to a better placed club than us!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3419049/Bristol-City-looking-splash-cash-Bradley-Dack-despite-having-no-manager.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Bristol City looking to splash the cash on Bradley Dack despite having no manager 

• Bristol City have bid £1.5m for the Gillingham midfielder 
  • Steve Cotterill originally wanted to sign Dack, but has since resigned 
  • Gillingham do not want to lose 'the best player in our league' 

By Joe Bernstein for MailOnline

Published: 12:14, 27 January 2016 | Updated: 12:14, 27 January 2016

Managerless Bristol City have made an increased bid of around £1.5m for Gillingham's midfielder Bradley Dack who has been hailed as the best player in League One this season.

Bristol City are pursuing their interest in 22-year-old Dack despite the departure of Steve Cotterill who was in charge when the Championship club had an initial £1m offer rejected by Gills chairman Paul Scally.

Dack has scored 14 goals this season in Gillingham's rise to the top of the table but the Kent club can't compete with the wages that will be on offer at Ashton Gate.

Gillingham midfielder Bradley Dack is the subject of an increased £1.5m from struggling Bristol City

Gillingham midfielder Bradley Dack is the subject of an increased £1.5m from struggling Bristol City

Bristol City are currently in the relegation zone and chairman Steve Lansdown is willing to invest to keep his team up. 

John Pemberton, Neil Warnock and Garry Monk have been linked with the managerial vacancy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3419049/Bristol-City-looking-splash-cash-Bradley-Dack-despite-having-no-manager.html#ixzz3yRnsgIyn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Why are we increasing our bid when @TETBURY MASSIVE (little goat) has already informed us that Dack has visited the City training ground in December and agreed personal terms? He also told us that now SC has left Dack has no interest in joining City, so putting another bid in would be pointless.

Of course maybe none of that is true and in fact we haven't agreed personal terms with Bradley Dack (because we haven't even agreed a fee with Gills) and we know that he would in fact still be interested in joining a club in a higher division that would more than double his wages.

Who knows!

Archived