IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

If he put his head down and could stay fit I could see him doing well here. We do play the kind of football that can get you goals(yes I know we've been short recently but lots of missed chances rather than no chances). He could be here a year and get that move next winter or even in the summer if he still feels like BCFC can't take him further. 

In the event a Bolton fan stops to think for a moment, and perhaps many have, they would be sad he is going but grateful and respectful that, according to media reports, we are offering their club what no other appears to be doing and that is a very decent offer; look at Brum offering 750k... what a bunch of 'cheap scum bags, kicking us while we are down' I hear the Bolton faithful say.

One might see a scenario whereby the smarter Bolton fans actually have a 'bitter sweet' soft spot for us after this as the club that paid them a very decent wedge to stave off the administrator, at least for now.

Don't like this:  Clough remains undecided on whether he should join one of Wanderers’ relegation rivals in the Championship. He was left at home for Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Eastleigh and has now spoken about personal terms with City.

“The fee has been accepted but I don’t know how negotiations have gone It is really disappointing because he has only been with us for a year,” Lennon said. “He is one who has come through the ranks and one we think is a prized asset but we are going to lose him.”

Asked if a move to Bristol City would be a sideways step at a formative stage of his career, Lennon said he would offer advice to the 20-year-old if asked.

Share article

“I can’t make that call publicly,” he said. “I will speak to Zach and his family privately if they want me to.

“We don’t want him to go because I think there is a lot more football in him to come. We want to bring him on a bit more. But the nature of the circumstances we find ourselves in as a club, money dictates what we are doing.”

Have we any history with Lennon?

Having said that, he has to act on Boltons best interest.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

In the event a Bolton fan stops to think for a moment, and perhaps many have, they would be sad he is going but grateful and respectful that, according to media reports, we are offering their club what no other appears to be doing and that is a very decent offer; look at Brum offering 750k... what a bunch of 'cheap scum bags, kicking us while we are down' I hear the Bolton faithful say.

One might see a scenario whereby the smarter Bolton fans actually have a 'bitter sweet' soft spot for us after this as the club that paid them a very decent wedge to stave off the administrator, at least for now.

And he would always be a hero for sacrificing himself for the greater good. Look at how we feel about the AG8.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't like this:  Clough remains undecided on whether he should join one of Wanderers’ relegation rivals in the Championship. He was left at home for Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Eastleigh and has now spoken about personal terms with City.

“The fee has been accepted but I don’t know how negotiations have gone It is really disappointing because he has only been with us for a year,” Lennon said. “He is one who has come through the ranks and one we think is a prized asset but we are going to lose him.”

Asked if a move to Bristol City would be a sideways step at a formative stage of his career, Lennon said he would offer advice to the 20-year-old if asked.

Share article

“I can’t make that call publicly,” he said. “I will speak to Zach and his family privately if they want me to.

“We don’t want him to go because I think there is a lot more football in him to come. We want to bring him on a bit more. But the nature of the circumstances we find ourselves in as a club, money dictates what we are doing.”

Well he sounds like a jealous guy to me and is playing mind games, so perhaps deserves some install karma and let Clough get on with starting over.

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Share article

you should always quote your source fella... here it is:-

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/14194539.Clubs_queuing_up_for_Bolton_Wanderers_players/?

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Its clear Lennon will advise him not to move here, hence his reluctance to say publicly that its a sideways move, and coupled with his family saying the same thing, this deal is dead in the water - regardless of Boltons situation. If Bolton go pop, the lad will have the pick of loads of clubs as it'll cost them nowt but a fat signing on fee. 

Hope I'm wrong as there is potential there - not enough for 16 pages on here though.

How popular would Lennon be if he advised him not to sign and Bolton went through the hoop? As their manager, he surely has to act in their best interests.

7 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Backward step? FFS No one in football at the moment would be a backward step from Bolton, does he have better options to him? Yeah he does but this backward step is pure BS from a club and bunch of fans who are clearly still stuck in the premier league era

It would appear right now the club have no other options if they want that sort of money. Does the player have other options? I suppose one could argue by definition no he does not; that may change if he stays put, but looks like he can't. Tricky for all parties.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

I thought it would come up, still never mind. While there's clever fellas like you, why bother?

Its not being clever old fruit.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

How popular would Lennon be if he advised him not to sign and Bolton went through the hoop? As their manager, he surely has to act in their best interests.

I suppose he has a contract to manage team affairs; his comments seem to reflect more that than the club's plight.. cannot blame him for that unless he is ignoring what he has been told to say to the media.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

It would appear right now the club have no other options if they want that sort of money. Does the player have other options? I suppose one could argue by definition no he does not; that may change if he stays put, but looks like he can't. Tricky for all parties.

Its not being clever old fruit.

I suppose he has a contract to manage team affairs; his comments seem to reflect more that than the club's plight.. cannot blame him for that unless he is ignoring what he has been told to say to the media.

But he's putting himself forward to speak to and advise the boy and his family.

You're right, it's not being clever, it's a sort of cockiness, chum.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

I suspect the board might eventually tell Lennon to butt out, they have made this decision for business reasons.

it looks to me as if Lennon is hoping he might get sacked, probably disappointed that he didn't get the sack over his personal issues a couple of weeks ago, he knows the club almost certainly cannot afford to sack him.

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

Share article

Don't get that from Lennon, "...he's only been with us for a year..." then "...he is one who's come through the ranks"

Bit contradictory?!

I don't know much about him but that doesn't sound right!

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

But we did get the chance to bring Russell Musker and Jon Economou through the ranks and pay for Rob Newman to beef up his hitherto boney frame... clutching at straws i know. :blink:

And Ricky Chandler and Wayne Bray, legends.:whistle:

2 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

Looks like this deal is slowly pulling away from us...

Based on what? Twitter chat? Fluctuating odds? Wouldn't worry too much. Doubt anything will be announced tonight. Tomorrow is the day. The only thing we can be fairly sure of is that he's been in Bristol and met us. I'm sure we've made him a very attractive offer as we won't want to be burnt a third time. 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I suspect the board might eventually tell Lennon to butt out, they have made this decision for business reasons.

it looks to me as if Lennon is hoping he might get sacked, probably disappointed that he didn't get the sack over his personal issues a couple of weeks ago, he knows the club almost certainly cannot afford to sack him.

Don't know much about him but, he's always come across as a bit of a spiteful sort of character. Nasty do with him and that sweaty on the touchline once.

Archived