IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

1 minute ago, P'head Red said:

I believe this is his dads twitter: https://twitter.com/pjc55v/with_replies 

The only thing clearly relevant is where a few days ago he said he didn't expect Zach to move 

Just been reading his Twitter (zach's dad). He has liked tweets saying to reject us but also lots of tweets from respectful City fans saying nice things and posts about Bristol. He's just a dad looking out for his kid as we all would.

4 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I b is his dads twitter: https://tw itcom/pjc55v/with_replies 

The . only thing clearly relevant is where a few days ago he said he didn't expect Zach to move 

With respect ... I have to doubt the judgenent of a man whose surname sounds a bit like 'cloth'  who gives his child a name  that sounds a bit like 'sack'.

5 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Just been reading his Twitter (zach's dad). He has liked tweets saying to reject us but also lots of tweets from respectful City fans saying nice things and posts about Bristol. He's just a dad looking out for his kid as we all would.

That is a very positive interpretation of what he has 'Liked' and commented on; in the vast majority of cases, he's 'Liked' comments suggesting Clough could do better than us, or that he should stay put.

The one saying he's too good for anyone on the list of potential destinations (with language that wouldn't make it past the filters on here) maybe suggests he isn't exactly going to be advocating a move here.

Equally; he's commented to indicate Clough isn't on as big a wage as fellow players linked with moves, so get the impression he is very much hoping his son can stay at Bolton.

Doesn't fill me with hope TBH.

2 minutes ago, iamsober said:

And also his dad likes tweets about his son not going to Bristol city as a side step move.

Exactly.  Pretty clear he's at least reading conversations about Bolton surviving at our expense, and how Clough would be better playing for Bolton in League One than is in the Championship, and while he's not liking those precise tweets, he's liking those by the people suggesting that after the point that they have mentioned that, suggesting he sympathises with that position.

The likes for the positive Bristol City ones seem polite, not purposeful like the others.

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

That is a very positive interpretation of what he has 'Liked' and commented on; in the vast majority of cases, he's 'Liked' comments suggesting Clough could do better than us, or that he should stay put.

The one saying he's too good for anyone on the list of potential destinations (with language that wouldn't make it past the filters on here) maybe suggests he isn't exactly going to be advocating a move here.

Equally; he's commented to indicate Clough isn't on as big a wage as fellow players linked with moves, so get the impression he is very much hoping his son can stay at Bolton.

Doesn't fill me with hope TBH.

Exactly.  Pretty clear he's at least reading conversations about Bolton surviving at our expense, and how Clough would be better playing for Bolton in League One than is in the Championship, and while he's not liking those precise tweets, he's liking those by the people suggesting that after the point that they have mentioned that, suggesting he sympathises with that position.

The likes for the positive Bristol City ones seem polite, not purposeful like the others.

To be fair I'm sure plenty of people have completed moves that their family members didn't see as a good move. 

Lets be honest, money talks and if the right offer is there, and he's being pressured by Bolton officials to accept the move, it might just work in our favour!

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair I'm sure plenty of people have completed moves that their family members didn't see as a good move. 

Lets be honest, money talks and if the right offer is there, and he's being pressured by Bolton officials to accept the move, it might just work in our favour!

Sure, but I think looking at this, it adds significant doubt he will move.

Money does talk, it's true, but I'd wager his family will play a big part.

I'm not confident.

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

If anyone knows what the lad is going to do, it'll be his dad.

I would imagine he'd be on the blower to the old man as soon as Cotterills finished with him.

Reading into this a bit and it seems like Clough is not a high earner at Bolton so a decent offer may swing it. But I still think he'll leave Bolton for somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure even from the fact that it's leaked that Clough and his agent would like to move to a bigger club.  But that needs someone else to match our bid.  The fact that it's a day after the bid and Clough is in Bristol for talks makes me think that, so far at least, Wolves and Everton have refrained from bidding and, in practical terms, we're the only show in town.

Obviously the interesting question is what happens if Clough says no to us outright and puts Bolton under pressure to take a lower bid.  But, if it's true he's agreed to move somewhere, there may not be another club at present to go to...

Lets be totally honest here. It would be a side ways move for the lad at present....so I don't blame his dad for thinking it's not a great move. 

We have been talking a good game for some time now, it's really time for this club to start delivering on the potential promised. Lets just hope players like Clough buy into this and are up for the challenge in helping us deliver this potential 

Just now, samo II said:

Sure, but I think looking at this, it adds significant doubt he will move.

Money does talk, it's true, but I'd wager his family will play a big part.

I'm not confident.

True, his family may play a big part; but I imagine he'd discuss a possible move to with his dad prior to coming down. If he's here, then he's got to be interested and I'd assume have family backing. 

Am I the only one who thinks he`s getting his arm twisted to sign for us and being told only he can save the club he loves if he does? If he does sign I hope he sees it as a step forward for his career rather than a decision he was pressurised into making. You`ve got to hope he`s professional enough to do his job to the best of his ability even if he didn`t really want to leave them at all and I`m sure he will be. Our lads will no doubt make him welcome and that will help a lot.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Am I the only one who thinks he`s getting his arm twisted to sign for us and being told only he can save the club he loves if he does? If he does sign I hope he sees it as a step forward for his career rather than a decision he was pressurised into making. You`ve got to hope he`s professional enough to do his job to the best of his ability even if he didn`t really want to leave them at all and I`m sure he will be. Our lads will no doubt make him welcome and that will help a lot.

I think this is the situation and why I think he will actually end up signing for us. Whilst not ideal, he may not be a bad day thing, as he may think to himself , head down play well for six months or a year and then get a more fashionable move. 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

I think this is the situation and why I think he will actually end up signing for us. Whilst not ideal, he may not be a bad day thing, as he may think to himself , head down play well for six months or a year and then get a more fashionable move. 

Helps keep us up, stands out and makes us a few quid as well.

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

True, his family may play a big part; but I imagine he'd discuss a possible move to with his dad prior to coming down. If he's here, then he's got to be interested and I'd assume have family backing. 

Maybe, but noises are Bolton are putting the pressure on, and I'm concerned this is a bit forced, with the lad being asked to leave his boyhood club in order to save them, rather than because he has any interest in doing so.

My hope that the tight nature of the squad, our (fractionally) better league postion, our new ground, and the fact the lad's dad had suggested he's on a relatively modest wage make it appealing for him, and that he perhaps sees us as a stepping stone elsewhere, but as I've said; I'm not sure.

Thinking about this one, should be sorted fairly quickly.

SL to get on the phone first thing tomorrow: 'Mr Clough, will you be joining us?'

If yes then medical and wages sorted tomorrow. If not sure or a no then move onto the next one. Let's not waste weeks chasing after him if he doesn't want to be here or is waiting to see if a better offer comes along.

Just now, samo II said:

Maybe, but noises are Bolton are putting the pressure on, and I'm concerned this is a bit forced, with the lad being asked to leave his boyhood club in order to save them, rather than because he has any interest in doing so.

My hope that the tight nature of the squad, our (fractionally) better league postion, our new ground, and the fact the lad's dad had suggested he's on a relatively modest wage make it appealing for him, and that he perhaps sees us as a stepping stone elsewhere, but as I've said; I'm not sure.

Personally I don't care if he is pressurised into the move. In fact, I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't even be meeting him if he wasn't so we have to try and capitalise on the situation. 

I'm sure if he does sign that he'd be professional and get on with his job once it's done. 

Archived