IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

Well at least he has actually come down for talks today, rather than Gayle who didn't even get that far.

Surely things look more positive, we drew with West Brom, Bolton drew with Eastleigh. He gets to see the wonderful new stadium, facilities etc. Will offer more money than Bolton plus wages actually paid. 

Fingers crossed he will fall in love with Bristol today! 

Any sunshine in the mighty city today? 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Could we perhaps throw in some unused food vouchers as a signing on incentive? 

and he gets 10% off pint in the bars plus his Mrs is guaranteed to use the Sports Bar for an Xmas party!

Anyway, according to some Bolton news site, he rejected the deal only for Bolton to tell him he has to go for talks. No idea if its true but kind of fits in with the latest quote from Alan Nixon. 

I hope we have other irons in the fire just incase.

11 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

If the lad turns us down can we please not get all menstrual about it? I'm sure the club are doing all they can to get it over the line.

Please can you explain why you chose to use a term in a context that could be viewed as offensive to women? Please have some respect for all posters.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Please can you explain why you chose to use a term in a context that could be viewed as offensive to women? Please have some respect for all posters.

Maybe it was meant to be humorous, in the sense that the vast majority would see it as a light hearted quip. 

I did. My wife who is sat with me didn't melt in rage either. 

I think forums are a little bit too close to the edge for you. It will end up offending you too often. 

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Unfortunately it's hammering it down! (But the grey skies my remind him of Manchester?)

I can see blue skies outside in BS30! Bloody cold but a bit of blue.  Hopefully, Zach will take a look at our wonderful City and realise it's a great place to live.

My only concern with this potential move is that the lad may feel he is being forced to move. That could affect the lad which worries me.

2 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I can see blue skies outside in BS30! Bloody cold but a bit of blue.  Hopefully, Zach will take a look at our wonderful City and realise it's a great place to live.

My only concern with this potential move is that the lad may feel he is being forced to move. That could affect the lad which worries me.

Could be worse, could be forced to move to Swindon! 

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe it was meant to be humorous, in the sense that the vast majority would see it as a light hearted quip. 

I did. My wife who is sat with me didn't melt in rage either. 

I think forums are a little bit too close to the edge for you. It will end up offending you too often. 

That's your opinion, but it doesn't mean that self-respecting people share the same view. And I'm very broad minded, thank you.

Talks will go something along the lines of.........

Clough- "But I don't want to move to Bristol".

Burt- "We will pay you your wages on the last day of the month, every month for as long as you are here, our benefactor is a very very very very wealthy person".

Cloughs Agent- "That's good enough for us lad, we will both get paid which is something of a novel idea compared to the last couple of months / years".

Clough- "Ok, you've won me over with the promise of money, where do I sign?"

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

dont know but was like this when we signed Norman Hunter except we didnt have internet then and relied on gossip in the Fussells down East Street !!

How did we get that deal over the line? Don't tell me, we offered him money we didn't have 

23 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ******* what."
- Stephen Fry

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Talks will go something along the lines of.........

Clough- "But I don't want to move to Bristok".

Burt- "We will pay you your wages on the last day of the month, every month for as long as you are here, our benefactor is a very very very very wealthy person".

Cloughs Agent- "That's good enough for us lad, we will both get paid which is something of a novel idea compared to the last couple of months / years".

Clough- "Ok, you've won me over with the promise of money, where do I sign?"

Is your pen name Charles Dickens, by chance?

You had me glued from the first to last sentence.

"Bravo!!"

Uncle TFR

Just now, tts_city said:

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ******* what."
- Stephen Fry

Anyway can we please get back to the topic in hand. If people have off topic issues either report the post (unless nothing wrong has been done) or PM them. 

9 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

That's your opinion, but it doesn't mean that self-respecting people share the same view. And I'm very broad minded, thank you.

I'm glad you're broad-minded. Without that view, a forum isn't the best place to spend your time. 

Archived