IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

13 minutes ago, Selred said:

I actually disagree, our strikers do get a lot of service in my opinion, they just don't take the chances. Be interesting to see the shots to goals ratio for Kodjia this year, I bet it's poor. 

And his shots / shots on target ratio won't be great either.

13 minutes ago, Selred said:

I actually disagree, our strikers do get a lot of service in my opinion, they just don't take the chances. Be interesting to see the shots to goals ratio for Kodjia this year, I bet it's poor. 

Kodjia's finishing hasn't been great but he's still got 9 on what I would call below average service. I saw Burnley and Brentford saying the same about Andre Gray. That he misses two or 3 good chances per game but he creates so many. I think if Kodjia was at Burnley he'd be around what Gray has. Got to think he'd be feeling a bit more confident as well. 

Just now, SuperDziek said:

Offer accepted and he's turned us down in the space of an evening. That's quick, even for us!

Certainly inside information leaking online, no word of course from either clubs, but the bid by us, the amount of the bid plus report of him turning us down from nowhere. Certainly agents drumming up, then again Bolton might go for the highest bidder and push it through. Let's hope we repeat bids.

Just now, Chairman Mao said:

friend is a massive bolton fan, writes for one of their blogs etc

seems conviced it will be us, Birmingham have pulled out because of the £2.5m price

would be a good signing imo, good finisher,

Does that mean their pull out of the Jonny Russell as that's rumoured derbys asking price if true 

58 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Brentford are no bigger than Rotherham

Always interested how these things work.

We offer 3m but the player does not fancy it.

Birminghsm offer 2m, and he prefers that one.

Is it just if player or his club blinks first?

Not being funny, but all the rumours that he's rejected a move is complete and utter BS. What happens if SL personally speaks with the player and says "we're going to spend big, we will build a team around you and you will be part of a great part in this clubs history". 

The player hasn't even left Bolton yet, not alone turnt us down. 

39 minutes ago, Selred said:

Start of the season I would agree,last 12 or so games not so much,as for kodjia I expect your right but you get what you pay for

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Not being funny, but all the rumours that he's rejected a move is complete and utter BS. What happens if SL personally speaks with the player and says "we're going to spend big, we will build a team around you and you will be part of a great part in this clubs history". 

The player hasn't even left Bolton yet, not alone turnt us down. 

Exactly... like i said the rumours are just a result of our summer shambles

Are YOU a money-grabbing, emotionless football agent who wants as much money as possible?

Have YOU ever considered using Bristol City to drum up interest in your player?

Well DO NOT HESITATE! Use Bristol City to your advantage today in just a few simple steps!

1) Ask your player's club to accept any offers for him!

2) Claim that your player is considered a move to Bristol City!

3) Report that your client has rejected a move to Bristol City!

4) Sit back and sip on your vintage Champagne as established, promotion-chasing Championship clubs with true potential make a move on your client, offering double the wages that Bristol City would ever offer just to get his signature!

5) Take an excessively greedy agent fee from the deal and continue to have no moral compass whatsoever.

It's that simple!

6 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

he's very posh, not quite sure how he ended up a wanders fan, but his dad is too haha

I know about the pies, I know the area well!

My father in law is from Bolton. He's always tried to impress me with the quality of pies. Never stops thinking about them. 

A figure of around 750k was apparently being talked about when Brum showed interest in Clough a few days ago, so if we've bid 3m. no wonder Bolton accepted.

We obviously mean business with a bid like that and have truly blown any competition out of the water.

He reminds me of someone, something of a young Cole Skuse about him? :dunno:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14188090.Birmingham_City_pull_out_of_race_to_sign_Wanderers_ace_Zach_Clough/ 

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Always interested how these things work.

We offer 3m but the player does not fancy it.

Birminghsm offer 2m, and he prefers that one.

Is it just if player or his club blinks first?

Someone on Twitter said Bolton need to pay HMRC £2.2M by Tuesday.  

I fancy they will sell to the highest bidder and try to convince him to go to them.  Really tough call for the lad.  No need to write crap that he doesn't want to leave home / his mum.  He's trying to make a decision about going to a team that could conceivably get relegated....us!  He's a player who could gave a big future.  Need the Club to sell him the plans of this club, or like Kodjia a stepping stone to the Prem if they outshine us.

Archived