IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Someone on Twitter said Bolton need to pay HMRC £2.2M by Tuesday.  

I fancy they will sell to the highest bidder and try to convince him to go to them.  Really tough call for the lad.  No need to write crap that he doesn't want to leave home / his mum.  He's trying to make a decision about going to a team that could conceivably get relegated....us!  He's a player who could gave a big future.  Need the Club to sell him the plans of this club, or like Kodjia a stepping stone to the Prem if they outshine us.

Agree, not seen much of the lad so won't comment on his ability.

I do think if the club can get players to look at the set up (new ground as such) we may seem a more attractive proposition. However, for any young person leaving home, family, friends is a big decision to be made. Bristol to Bolton is a fair distance. 

It certainly seems to be the case we've made a bid which has to be a positive. Hopefully there are several others in the pipeline which haven't become public knowledge and this is the first of many 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

So, the club bids for a good young player and its a waste of time because BCFC are shit.

If the club didn't bid for such players, the same idiots would be slagging the club off.

Thank god they aren't anywhere near representative of the support base.

Rumour it's 1.5 mill

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Birmingham and Sheffield Weds. were taking the piss with 750k - just taking advantage of the situation Bolton are in.

2m or 3m is manna from heaven for Bolton given they're up before the beak on Tuesday, they'll be desperate to get that money and pay off HMRC.

The poor lad will have a lot of pressure on him.

I think this sums up the situation about right. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I fancy they will sell to the highest bidder and try to convince him to go to them.  Really tough call for the lad.  No need to write crap that he doesn't want to leave home / his mum.  He's trying to make a decision about going to a team that could conceivably get relegated....us!  He's a player who could gave a big future.  Need the Club to sell him the plans of this club, or like Kodjia a stepping stone to the Prem if they outshine us.

I think that's a given. SL has said we should not get too attached to individual players and we will accept big offers in future.

If Clough does come and plays well enough to markedly increase his value the club would not stand in his way if a bigger club came in.

The same applies to Kodjia, or anyone else.

The thing is they have to be successful here first, then they increase in value and everyone's a winner.

He's got to be keen on the move though. Clough has been at Bolton since the age of 8 and if he's a home loving lad who has to be more or less pushed out of his boyhood club before he's ready the chances of him thriving at Ashton Gate obviously diminish.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Kodjia, premier league? Not a chance he'd cut it there. Come on, surely even the most rose tinted of us can see that?

Just now, Rednwhiterob said:

Kodjia, premier league? Not a chance he'd cut it there. Come on, surely even the most rose tinted of us can see that?

Read what I said:

"need the club to sell....."

whether they think it will happen us another matter.  

Personally I could see Kodjia playing in the Prem.  I think the more better players he plays with the better he will look.  He's got technical abilities I've not seen in a while.  He is unorthodox in other areas admittedly.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Read what I said:

"need the club to sell....."

whether they think it will happen us another matter.  

Personally I could see Kodjia playing in the Prem.  I think the more better players he plays with the better he will look.  He's got technical abilities I've not seen in a while.  He is unorthodox in other areas admittedly.

Fair play Dave. I just spat out my tea when I saw Kodjia and prem in the same sentence.

3 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

If Kodjia scores 20 in this division there will be PL interest, no doubt about it.

Doesn't mean he'd end up at Man .Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal etc., but there are plenty of lesser teams up there, plus clubs moving up from the Championship.

Every chance if he continues to progress.

31 minutes ago, cynic said:

Birmingham and Sheffield Weds. were taking the piss with 750k - just taking advantage of the situation Bolton are in.

2m or 3m is manna from heaven for Bolton given they're up before the beak on Tuesday, they'll be desperate to get that money and pay off HMRC.

The poor lad will have a lot of pressure on him.

Absolutely right.

Tough decision and a very stressful situation for a 20 year old.

The pressure won't exactly be off if he comes here either.

Archived