IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

3 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Because Clough is bound to reject us.  Why move half way across the country to play for a team who could be in League 1 next season if other championshp or prem clubs are possibilities?

It just makes the board look naive

Because he HAS to leave before Monday. And so far no one else had bid. Bolton will force him out as they're not likely to risk waiting. 

7 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Because Clough is bound to reject us.  Why move half way across the country to play for a team who could be in League 1 next season if other championshp or prem clubs are possibilities?

Agree it is possible. Sure, he might want to hang about and see who else is interested, but there is enough happening in the background at Bolton, that on this one I certainly think it is worth rolling the dice,

More than anything, I do hope if he comes (I accept it is a big 'if'), that it is because we have been able to convince him, rather than he has been guilt tripped in to it. That would be a lot on a young man's shoulders.

3 minutes ago, Lucan said:

And how might that be? It might be considered naive to suggest BCFC are when until this hour nobody at City has mentioned anything about any bid for this kid, and he is a kid, of any kind. And when, as I understand it, a club has to make a bid before they can even talk to a player it is hardly the clubs fault it gets a media pasting; there is nothing they can do about it. 

To some fans a club, any club, is damned if they do nothing or something. Remember, we don't make the rules here and neither do we have any influence over the news mad media.

My contact at Bolton was my boss, initials JP. Clough will not play again for Bolton, 5 clubs have made offers 3 rejected, 2 accepted. They have gone back to the 3 clubs and told them the asking price.

Clough has been asked to join one of the clubs and to hold talks this weekend and make a decision by Monday. He has given his word to NL that he will help the club out and sign for the club that suits best his needs.

My guy has no idea if he will come here, but he definitely will not be a Bolton player by Tuesday.

People saying that they need the cash for Tuesday is wrong, so the fact a club doesn't need to pay them the money straight up. HMRC will accept a payment plan on the 2.2m providing they can prove source and accuracy of income, so should a club pay 1m up front then 300K every quarter for the next year, then HMRC will accept that as a proposal as they will have evidence of the funds coming in.

So us having 2.5M at this moment in time, is no better than Wolves having 1m now and another 1.5m in 6 months.

2 minutes ago, Lucan said:

In what way does he have to leave? And of course if Bolton want him to go so badly, they will accept other bids.

If he comes here he is a fool

Because they need 2.2m for HMRC before Monday. If he doesn't leave they will have to go into administration. I suppose maybe they value him more than their championship status. 

6 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

My contact at Bolton was my boss, initials JP. Clough will not play again for Bolton, 5 clubs have made offers 3 rejected, 2 accepted. They have gone back to the 3 clubs and told them the asking price.

Clough has been asked to join one of the clubs and to hold talks this weekend and make a decision by Monday. He has given his word to NL that he will help the club out and sign for the club that suits best his needs.

My guy has no idea if he will come here, but he definitely will not be a Bolton player by Tuesday.

People saying that they need the cash for Tuesday is wrong, so the fact a club doesn't need to pay them the money straight up. HMRC will accept a payment plan on the 2.2m providing they can prove source and accuracy of income, so should a club pay 1m up front then 300K every quarter for the next year, then HMRC will accept that as a proposal as they will have evidence of the funds coming in.

So us having 2.5M at this moment in time, is no better than Wolves having 1m now and another 1.5m in 6 months.

HMRC do not always accept payment plans especially if the money has been o/s for a considerable amount of time. That said are you party to this payment plan and in detail? By the by. Is it VAT or Corp Tax? The latter will incur interest so Bolton may wish to avoid paying more than they need to and pay up more quickly than not.

Bolton also have a fair few other creditors so i doubt very much anything other than the club who pays the most in the fastest possible time will be entertained as far as they are concerned. The players wishes will come into play, of course, but how much we shall find out, if the bid, any bid, is accurate in the first place.

2 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Interesting. No idea who the other club they have accepted is?

Wonder, if given everything, and a feeling that getting the first one in will be the real challenge, whether we will be inclined to overpay on this one as a kind of pump priming. We will see!

18 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

No offence mate but your info's hardly been reliable in the past...

14 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Again, I ask: why does have to leave.  Your telling me why Bolton might accept a bid, not why he must leave

Because if he doesn't leave they don't get the money they need to avoid administration. There's nothing that says Bolton have to accept, but if they do accept they will almost certainly make him leave

15 minutes ago, Lucan said:

A dose of the truth might not hurt anyone, shame there wasn't more of it going round when people started predicting City to push for the playoffs this year in a fit of un-justified pre-season idiocy 

What exactly could the board do to make you happy? Sign Weston's first XI? I mean that wouldn't be naive and they'd be happy to come here.

33 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Is it VAT or Corp Tax? The latter will incur interest so Bolton may wish to avoid paying more than they need to and pay up more quickly than not.

Or with VAT a surcharge based on a percentage of the late payment if you've been late before I think  

Isn't it PAYE that's due mid month? 

6 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

No offence mate but your info's hardly been reliable in the past...

No offense but you are usually full of sh1t! :laugh:. But no offense meant to either of you only joking. 

My thought is it seems clear we have made a substantial bid and are in the running to sign this boy. I would suspect CCA is correct in as much that the revenue will take money on account and an agreement to pay the rest over an agreed period. However cash is king!

I hope we can bring this home, we all need the lift!

1 minute ago, Lucan said:

No no, that still doesn't explain why he must leave. That explains why Bolton really want him to leave.  There is no must in there, either from the club but especially the player himself.  They cant make him sign for anyone. That includes of all Bristol City

But I think you need to have a certain amount of inference to realise that my just is in relation to avoiding administration. I'm not going to reply anymore because well I can't be bothered 

Let's be honest here, even if Bolton manage to pay the HMRC with money from the Clough deal, administration is surely heading their way? The debt that club have is unmanageable and I would imagine it's a 'when' not an 'if' for them even if they manage to get past Monday without entering administration.

I take no pleasure in seeing another club in that situation at all but if it aids our cause then so be it!

4 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Let's be honest here, even if Bolton manage to pay the HMRC with money from the Clough deal, administration is surely heading their way? The debt that club have is unmanageable and I would imagine it's a 'when' not an 'if' for them even if they manage to get past Monday without entering administration.

I take no pleasure in seeing another club in that situation at all but if it aids our cause then so be it!

I agree, but there is always the chance of a wealthy individual/s stepping in which I believe there may be some small potential for!

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Any port in a storm. From a distance, it would seem better for them to bite the bullet, take administration, and then at least start with a clean slate. It seems they are looking to buy time in the hope that a takeover can be arranged, but that seems a pretty long shot given their current position in terms of what they are hoping for. Even rumours they need to raise some dosh to be able to pay the costs of an administration. 

17 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

No offense but you are usually full of sh1t! :laugh:. But no offense meant to either of you only joking. 

My thought is it seems clear we have made a substantial bid and are in the running to sign this boy. I would suspect CCA is correct in as much that the revenue will take money on account and an agreement to pay the rest over an agreed period. However cash is king!

I hope we can bring this home, we all need the lift!

The difference with this mate is this is offensive.. !!!

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree, but there is always the chance of a wealthy individual/s stepping in which I believe there may be some small potential for!

Indeed. We have a Bolton supporter in my local in Hanham and he mentioned that the majority shareholder is prepared to write off a huge portion of their debt IF the club is taken over but he won't write it off until that takeover happens. I would have thought any potential administration would mean only a small portion of that debt would be paid anyway but what do I know?

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Any port in a storm. From a distance, it would seem better for them to bite the bullet, take administration, and then at least start with a clean slate. It seems they are looking to buy time in the hope that a takeover can be arranged, but that seems a pretty long shot given their current position in terms of what they are hoping for. Even rumours they need to raise some dosh to be able to pay the costs of an administration. 

As things stand, from the outside, administration seems inevitable for them. I totally agree with your post Exile.

5 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

If this is true and it's us and Wolves, then either we offer an enticing deal which is competative with Wolves or walk away now and not spend too long on this one. Given another club are sniffing around we'll probably miss out again. 

We just need to make sure this doesn't take all of the focus away from other potential deals during this window as per the summer.

Wolves have a bloated squad , will he get regular games there ? 

If his face fits here he will have plenty !

You really have to ask; what constitutes a "realistic target" for us, if not Zac Clough?

He is young so likely on a low wage, has less than a full season of first team games under his belt at this level, is at a club with financial issues who need money that we can afford, and his team are below us in the league; which of these factors suggest he is 'above' us?  Because he's been linked with teams higher up; none of whom as yet have made any kind of move for him?

His promise is what marks him out, and if we pay for that, there is nothing to say we wouldn't need be a fit for him - people keep saying; why would he move if he might be in league one next year, when he has so many other options?  Well, he may also be in that league next year with his current club, and possibly with less options if the season goes badly, and less money in his pocket.

I'm not saying others might not be interested and he may choose to go elsewhere or stay, but I actually think he's 100% a 'realistic' option - if he can't bare leaving the north west, well; that is understandable to an extent, but if he wants to be a professional footballer, likelihood is he'll need to suck it up and learn moving around is part of the career.  Korey Smith has played in East Anglia, Lancashire and the West Country inside 18 months, and sure he doesn't regret that.

I'll grant you bids for the likes of the Gayles of this world are pretty big stretches (although he's gone and pretty much wasted half a season of his career playing a handful of games for a team he has no future since; takes all sorts) but not Clough.

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Wolves have a bloated squad , will he get regular games there ? 

If his face fits here he will have plenty !

Agreed, but you're assuming footballers understand logic on that level. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if he's more attracted to their reputation, location (being closer to Bolton than Bristol is) and policy of being able to offer larger wage packages (if rumours on here are true that City refuse to go above 10k a week!).

16 minutes ago, samo II said:

You really have to ask; what constitutes a "realistic target" for us, if not Zac Clough?

He is young so likely on a low wage, has less than a full season of first team games under his belt at this level, is at a club with financial issues who need money that we can afford, and his team are below us in the league; which of these factors suggest he is 'above' us?  Because he's been linked with teams higher up; none of whom as yet have made any kind of move for him?

His promise is what marks him out, and if we pay for that, there is nothing to say we wouldn't need be a fit for him - people keep saying; why would he move if he might be in league one next year, when he has so many other options?  Well, he may also be in that league next year with his current club, and possibly with less options if the season goes badly, and less money in his pocket.

I'm not saying others might not be interested and he may choose to go elsewhere or stay, but I actually think he's 100% a 'realistic' option - if he can't bare leaving the north west, well; that is understandable to an extent, but if he wants to be a professional footballer, likelihood is he'll need to suck it up and learn moving around is part of the career.  Korey Smith has played in East Anglia, Lancashire and the West Country inside 18 months, and sure he doesn't regret that.

I'll grant you bids for the likes of the Gayles of this world are pretty big stretches (although he's gone and pretty much wasted half a season of his career playing a handful of games for a team he has no future since; takes all sorts) but not Clough.

I agree with this, Dack has been linked with Reading so by some of the logic shown on here he is now an unrealistic target.

Disclaimer; I have no idea whether Dack is a target or not, just an example.

Archived