IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

what a load of shite this site is

Just now, 'keepuplino' said:

small question is, how do they know?

Players talk, agents talk, clubs talk.  They are probably the most reliable Twitter site.  They don't get everything right, but they've been good this winter and last summer windows.

2 hours ago, jambodinho said:

It will be the fact that we are one of the least attractive clubs in the division and he will clearly get picked up by a much bigger club than us. Our fans need to realise that other than Rotherham, we are the next smallest club in the championship. 

Our majority shareholder might need to realise this, then.

He's probably noticed we are 17th out of 24 clubs this season. Average gates. Rotherham are 24th. That's with a reduced capacity and most games sold out. 

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Very debatable.

As I understand it, other sites reported it at around the same time after Alan Nixon reported it.

Spot on.

This "Transfer site" reported it shortly after Alan Nixon and were not the ones to break the news.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No-ones saying this site are the originators of all transfer rumours.  They are bringing news together in one place.

Just because they didn't start the story, doesn't make it BS.

Doesn't make it fact either though, if they say enough things some will be right.

1 minute ago, City169 said:

Doesn't make it fact either though, if they say enough things some will be right.

Yep, spot on.  All I said was they've been fairly accurate this window.  If they are reporting what a fairly trusted hack  (Alan Nixon) is posting, there's a good chance there's some truth in it.

If they were getting their stories from me, you wouldn't!

May be a let-off: Bolton fan:

THREE MILLION???!!! I'd snatch their bl00dy hands off, I really would! OK, the lad's got talent on the ball, that I'll grant you, but he's just too slight in physical build and stature to really cut it in the big time in the professional game, in my opinion.

Up to now is it two, or three, quite long injury lay-offs we've seen from dislocated shoulders with Zac? And each time from quite innocuous challenges from opposing players from what I remember (rather than the no-holds-barred physical encounters from the likes of Billy Bremner and Norman Hunter from yesteryear?)

Anyway, as I was saying...£3 million pounds?? Get in there quick and take the money!!

I spoke to Shane duff ex Cheltenham centre back who said even tho cotts was very stubborn he's was a good manager who always got the best out of his players but when he was at Burnley he was very different and said his self belief change and that the players need him and he didn't need them to succeed and became very cocky which ultimately lost him his job according to his brother Michael so I understand from this where people are coming from that people may not want to join because of cotts

7 hours ago, gamon said:

20 year old can't speak English moves from France to play for us.

Young lad a few hours drive away chooses not to because of distance? No I don't think that's the reason.

It'll be money again I expect.

No it will be perceived prospects... However misguided they may be or a combination of that and the man in charge although while possible i think doubtful as a reason.

6 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Brentford 

Plus at least half a dozen other teams mis-managed, virtually bust or under an embargo... Make that half the division in total.

5 hours ago, cynic said:

I think its doubtful as the lad doesn't want to leave, but the intent is there - which won't alleviate the garbage being spouted by some of the dummy spitting idiots on here.

A summary of my remarks on the general transfer rumour thread.

This has had the same feel as the Gray/Gayle deals from the moment I saw the news breaking. 

Now....maybe we have learned from the summer. Maybe we put this bid in and made it very public to get everyone's attention on Clough and draw their attention away from who we are actually trying to purchase, now that would be a canny move.....

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

The key undeniable fact here is that Clough hasn't travelled in their FA Cup squad. 

Why are players left out of squads? If it's to talk with other players representatives then surely this isn't yet over?

Bolton daren't risk him. He's their golden egg for the HMRC payment which needs to be paid next week.  

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

The key undeniable fact here is that Clough hasn't travelled in their FA Cup squad. 

Why are players left out of squads? If it's to talk with other players representatives then surely this isn't yet over?

In this case, if Bolton have already assigned themselves to his departure, it may purely be to prevent him from becoming cup tied.

It's not going to happen. Sadly. 

Wouldve been interesting to see how it would have changed our side. 

Maybe Kodjia up top with a 'fluid three' in behind as part of a 4-2-3-1? 

--------------------- Kodjia ------------------

---- Freeman ----- Clough ----- Agard ----

Really think we need to be spending big bucks on a central midfield talisman though. 

Archived