IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

9 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I agree with this, Dack has been linked with Reading so by some of the logic shown on here he is now an unrealistic target.

Disclaimer; I have no idea whether Dack is a target or not, just an example.

I suppose you could compare this potential transfer to someone like Bournemouth, Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland or Newcastle making an offer for Jack Grealish. Young lad with bags of potential playing for his local club, highly likely to be relegated. Been linked with bigger clubs in the past. Reluctant to move from his beloved club but if he did he would wait for a bigger club. If that dream move doesn't come along then he'd rather stay with his current club than join a lower half club that means nothing to him. 

In my opinion, we are not a desirable destination for many players in this league because there are so many ex premier league clubs in the championship. All of which, to a young footballer, will be more appealing than ourselves. It's natural that our fans look at our club with rose tinted glasses and ive read many on here say that we are bigger than burnley and reading and even blackburn. Potentially maybe we could be, but in the football food chain, we are nowhere near these clubs. I hope I'm wrong and he signs on Monday but really can't see it. Maybe Bolton will try to pressure him to accept our offer as they are desperate for the cash but if it got that close it would likely be hijacked by another club. 

1 hour ago, Lucan said:

A dose of the truth might not hurt anyone, shame there wasn't more of it going round when people started predicting City to push for the playoffs this year in a fit of un-justified pre-season idiocy 

Pre-season, we were being linked with/making bids for/being told by Alan Pardew to bid for/in talks with the sort of players where a "push for the play-offs" would have been entirely possible, having now seen how modest most of the midtable sides are (Blackburn? Forest? Leeds? Preston?!)

We might've been idiots for being taken in by most of that transfer talk, but not for thinking we might be competitive with Cardiff (4 points off 6th place) or even Ipswich (no great shakes, currently 6th). We might be light years off Mboro, Derby, Burnley and Hull but not the rest, had we signed 3 of the 5 bid for/rumoured last summer.

The standard of those between us and Ipswich is not unattainable (given all sorts of things going our way/right decisions being made etc) or idiotic to aspire towards, imo (prob feel different at 5pm!)

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

According to a Wednesday fan on 1FFs, they have put a bid in now. 

So many rumours , all will be sorted next week , lets hope we get him , Dack , Bradshaw , Nicholls , Smith / Kermogant , big smiles for everyone and jump up the table , then build for next season . 

2 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

My contact at Bolton was my boss, initials JP. Clough will not play again for Bolton, 5 clubs have made offers 3 rejected, 2 accepted. They have gone back to the 3 clubs and told them the asking price.

Clough has been asked to join one of the clubs and to hold talks this weekend and make a decision by Monday. He has given his word to NL that he will help the club out and sign for the club that suits best his needs.

My guy has no idea if he will come here, but he definitely will not be a Bolton player by Tuesday.

People saying that they need the cash for Tuesday is wrong, so the fact a club doesn't need to pay them the money straight up. HMRC will accept a payment plan on the 2.2m providing they can prove source and accuracy of income, so should a club pay 1m up front then 300K every quarter for the next year, then HMRC will accept that as a proposal as they will have evidence of the funds coming in.

So us having 2.5M at this moment in time, is no better than Wolves having 1m now and another 1.5m in 6 months.

I was always under the impression that the HMRC will accept payment plans, however this has to be within the financial year. So if they owe 2.2m (they will also gave to pay tax on said transfer fee) then they will accept payment until April 1st. 

This is is the way the bastards get the money out of me 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Haven't gone through the whole thread but it's us and Huddersfield who've had bids accepted (our bid being the higher of the two).

Looking at the bigger picture, we are a better choice I would suggest. 

58 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Why do you think Bolton 'advertised' the fact that they had accepted an offer?

I appreciate that Es. They're hawking him everywhere looking for a better deal or a better option for the player. 

Archived