IGNORED

O Dear. Cotts loses it with our own supporters...

cityexile

Just to play devils advocate, it wasn't Cotts who shouted F off etc, it was one of our fans. Cotts took some fairly major abuse and reacted. He shouldn't have but most of what you hear is from the supporters side and if you watch, his own mate pushes him over to shut him up. Not supporting Cotts but you all have watched this from a negative position. Doesn't make it correct though from either  Steves, or our side.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Same fans were probably singing his name 6 months ago. 2 faced and fickle.

if you have the balls to have a pop you should be able to take it.

fair play Cotts tell em to go **** themselves. 

Yeah, you're right, nothing has happened in the last six months to justify a change of opinion.

3 minutes ago, hortonred said:

i was not at the game and have not seen what happened.But for goodness sake what has what he did last year got to do with what happens this year.

Your not a personnel officer are you?……..The fact that we won the league by a street last season might have a slight bearing on peoples views

1 minute ago, Charliesboots said:

Trying to decipher what is going on here as link isn't working so without 2+2=26 I guess there was a bit of handbags...or worse?

It is difficult to be entirely sure.

The video just shows eight seconds of Cotts pointing and shouting at a fan or group of fans, who have said something. It is a row, he is very passionate and clearly lost it.

3 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

It's half a season....he has earned our support and time. If you think half a season is time then perhaps you should learn the meaning of that word.

Half a season and an entire summer. More than enough time to adequately prepare for life in the Championship and adapt to the division. He has done neither. Half a season is enough to leave you entrenched in a relegation battle. Good luck finding others who think he hasn't had enough time.

Having managed a look before the tweets got locked down, I have to say; didn't look exactly great, from any involved.

Without context it is hard to judge what caused it, or what he was saying (as has been said; someone floors the main person yelling) but SC goes on for a while, even after the camera pans back from the bloke's pratfall, so not sure it was just the one lad who was involed.

Regardless of who was in the right or wrong; in the modern age of social media, news of that will be everywhere soon enough, and that is good news for no one.

A depressing night just got even worse.

I was next to it and can only tell you what I think I heard as it all happened so quick 

a bloke runs down the steps having a pop at SC telling him to start passing the ball about

SC starts pointing and says we never passed the ball like we do now before but got increasingly cross, and tells the bloke to F off basically. He then goes down tunnel

another bloke then has a pop at the guy having a go at SC, telling him to get behind the team etc and pushes him to the floor, no punches or anything like that thrown.

SC then reappears shouting '******* help them' whilst pointing, I took this to mean the players and not the bloke who had been pushed over.

SC did not have to get involved, I've heard plenty worse than what this bloke said so surprised it happened.

6 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I was next to it and can only tell you what I think I heard as it all happened so quick 

a bloke runs down the steps having a pop at SC telling him to start passing the ball about

SC starts pointing and says we never passed the ball like we do now before but got increasingly cross, and tells the bloke to F off basically. He then goes down tunnel

another bloke then has a pop at the guy having a go at SC, telling him to get behind the team etc and pushes him to the floor, no punches or anything like that thrown.

SC then reappears shouting '******* help them' whilst pointing, I took this to mean the players and not the bloke who had been pushed over.

SC did not have to get involved, I've heard plenty worse than what this bloke said so surprised it happened.

It's all well and good getting behind the team. Can't get behind him is the problem.

3 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

We must have the most fickle fans in the country

Lets face it, we are where we deserve to be-

What utter rubbish. We've been remarkably reserved about it all. At recent home games there has been warm applause despite a desperately poor run. 

It's really hard to gauge what was said - it's obv that abuse has been thrown at Cotts,

On one side, I like the fact that Cotts has so much passion. On the other side, it's worrying that a little boy who was stood in front of him - has to witness that. Pretty scary for a young un!,

I think SC should try and find out who the little boy's parents are and make an apology. As for the fan throwing abuse, he should also be invited in for a cup of tea and apologise!

In the perfect world eh!

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

What utter rubbish. We've been remarkably reserved about it all. At recent home games there has been warm applause despite a desperately poor run. 

Exactly. "Fickle" would be turning on him at the first sign of trouble. He has held on to the support of the majority of the fanbase until about now I'd say, despite an indefensible return of 4 wins in 28. I would say that is the exact opposite of fickle.

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

What a lot of fuss about nothing!!   Your like a bunch of grannies clutching their handbags and gossiping outside the grocers…..give the guy a break, he's stressed and passionate

He wasn't stressed when he was lapping up the attention at Lloyds in May and was extremely rude to a supporter who dared make a funny during his  ' speech '

His face and reaction then said a lot

Some of the best Managers - (not saying Cotts is a master) have had memorable outbursts - Brian Clough, Alex Ferguson etc - it happens and at least it shows a passion,

In a perfect world SC should have just ignored it but eh none of us are perfect!

6 minutes ago, tomo said:

It's really hard to gauge what was said - it's obv that abuse has been thrown at Cotts,

On one side, I like the fact that Cotts has so much passion. On the other side, it's worrying that a little boy who was stood in front of him - has to witness that. Pretty scary for a young un!,

I think SC should try and find out who the little boy's parents are and make an apology. As for the fan throwing abuse, he should also be invited in for a cup of tea and apologise!

In the perfect world eh!

There was no abuse from the fan, he certainly wasn't calling him names or anything 

I think when a club's staff act in a way that is deemed unacceptable for fans then they are skating on thin ice. 

Personally, I feel it's unacceptable though understandable. Let's not blow it out of proportion. 

I think City should use this as a lesson for themselves and stop giving fans such a hard time so often when they act with passion. Self righteous bunch. 

Archived