IGNORED

O Dear. Cotts loses it with our own supporters...

cityexile

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Except that we've been told unequivocally by Lansdown who has a proven track record of massively overspending to back managers, that the wages were there and were never the issue.

There's no reason whatsoever to disbelieve him, he's spent ten years absolutely pissing money away and he wasn't about to stop now with the promotion and new stadium was he?

SL has also talked about the club being "sustainable" and not relying on him to put his hand in his pocket all the time in future. We have been told different things by all those involved. It has been mixed messages and every indication that there is little agreement between those that matter.

Just now, smokey live said:

Yeah he did say that but, was that just for the big name striker? millen managed to get pitman and stead but didn't have a lot of money left. Mcinnes managed to get Davies and Baldock and had a team filled with crap

I think Lansdown has always been willing to spend when asked to - sometimes even when not asked to!  We are nowhere near the bottom of the spending league table I assure you.

We should have signed half a dozen players in the summer and having failed to do that we should have had several lined up for 9am last Monday.  I simply don't believe there are no players that could improve us whose wages we can afford, we just spend to long dicking around chasing the wrong ones and are doing the same now.

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Harry. We were singing 'my old man', 'the wanky Bristol rovers', 'Darrell clarkes mother wanks off dogs' 'the referees a ******' and all the usual stuff tonight in the ateyo - I think those 8 year olds have heard it all before mate.

Different context though Wolfie. Songs sung in jest, banter and humour are expected by parents of kids when entering a football ground. The context from Cotterill is one of anger and confrontation. Not something an 8 year old would expect to see from the man in the most high profile and responsible position at the club. 

Dont get me wrong. You know I'm not a fan of his, but I wouldn't say this is a death-knell for him. I just think he should publically apologise for it. It was out of order and he needs to show he's responsible for his actions and admit they were wrong. 

9 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Incorrect. It's precisely because he's spent 10 years pissing money away that SL pulled the plug on the deals that had been lined up in the summer, because he had a bad feeling there was something wrong with the deals. All possibly a misunderstanding so I understand but nevertheless you are incorrect.

Your rumour fits none of the facts we do know nor any of the previous behaviour we've seen, it's far more likely to be incorrect than what SL said clearly and publicly.

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I think Lansdown has always been willing to spend when asked to - sometimes even when not asked to!  We are nowhere near the bottom of the spending league table I assure you.

We should have signed half a dozen players in the summer and having failed to do that we should have had several lined up for 9am last Monday.  I simply don't believe there are no players that could improve us whose wages we can afford, we just spend to long dicking around chasing the wrong ones and are doing the same now.

This^^, you could easily make a competitve team out of players who arent in the starting 11 of most teams from midtable upwards.  Just because they arent starting doesnt mean there not good players as long as you choose the right ones. I refuse to believe that theres a few hundred players between all the championship teams at the moment and only the best players (whom we only seem to be targeting) would improve us?

Don't give a mouthful if you don't want a mouthful back. At least you can see he's hurting, he's passionate and upset about the way things are panning out, support the team rather than have a pop all the time. It's an inexperienced squad going through a tough time. nobody complained about the team or manager last season did they. I'm sure we can turn the corner and the whole club will of gained and learned alot from this situation.

As for the swearing in front of a child, don't 70% of fans do this every game??, think he should be getting a bit more patience tbh, I for one don't want yet another manager and yet another squad rebuild, the priority is staying up this season and building on that next season and I'm positive we can still do that. The whole squad deserves a bit more patience to turn things around in my opinion.

It's not just this incident that shows he's lost it. At the end of the match he spent some time berating the match officials in the centre circle. The usual stuff - shouting and waving his arms about like a looney. The ref may not have been perfect, but he can't be blamed for the defeat. 

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Your rumour fits none of the facts we do know nor any of the previous behaviour we've seen, it's far more likely to be incorrect than what SL said clearly and publicly.

You haven't understood what I'm saying. SL was at one stage happy to go along with past behaviour but something happened which caused him to pull the plug. If I'd been in his position and thought the same as he did, I'd have done the same. Very unfortunate.

Dismiss that as a rumour if you like.

2 minutes ago, steevoo said:

Don't give a mouthful if you don't want a mouthful back. At least you can see he's hurting, he's passionate and upset about the way things are panning out, support the team rather than have a pop all the time. It's an inexperienced squad going through a tough time. nobody complained about the team or manager last season did they. I'm sure we can turn the corner and the whole club will of gained and learned alot from this situation.

As for the swearing in front of a child, don't 70% of fans do this every game??, think he should be getting a bit more patience tbh, I for one don't want yet another manager and yet another squad rebuild, the priority is staying up this season and building on that next season and I'm positive we can still do that. The whole squad deserves a bit more patience to turn things around in my opinion.

Unfortunately, this is a cut throat business. The fans are fed up, the squad is thin and the results are poor. Need someone to step in to kick these players up the backside

58 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

The greatest sadness of all? The evening ends with pathetic nonsense like this from grown adults who really ought to know better. And on an evening when a young lad so proudly walked to the centre spot before the game. There are many who ought to take a long hard look at themselves - Cotterill included.

Why don't you climb down from your high horse.

15 minutes ago, steevoo said:

You seem to miss the fundamental point that he's NOT. a supporter or somebody at the game after a couple of pints - he's the (highly paid) MANAGER - probably the 'public face' of OUR club

Ever heard of ' with a role comes responsibilities' 

oh look the same people with an agenda using a nothing situation to put the club into more turmoil and try to hound Cotterill out the door... What a surprise. 

How pathetic, if you're 'outraged' by this you need to take a look at yourself, and please don't act like you've never sworn in front of kids at Ashton gate before.

football is for passionate people. 

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

oh look the same people with an agenda using a nothing situation to put the club into more turmoil and try to hound Cotterill out the door... What a surprise. 

How pathetic, if you're 'outraged' by this you need to take a look at yourself, and please don't act like you've never sworn in front of kids at Ashton gate before.

Like a lot.

The hypocrites out in their droves tonight.

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Read bobbob's post, 4 up from yours. 

Of course we all swear and cuss at football. But I'm not in a position of responsibility at the club. 

Oh and I'm not using it to hound him out either. I just expect him to show face and apologise for swearing in front of kids. 

17 minutes ago, NickJ said:

You haven't understood what I'm saying. SL was at one stage happy to go along with past behaviour but something happened which caused him to pull the plug. If I'd been in his position and thought the same as he did, I'd have done the same. Very unfortunate.

Dismiss that as a rumour if you like.

It is by definition a rumour, and I do dismiss it because it's not credible and been contradicted by the man who would actually know. 

Nor was a shortlist with players like Lindgaard and Gayle or a £7m+ bid for Andre Grey credible either. 

The debacle in the summer rests at the door of whoever decided to pursue out of reach players like that to the utter detriment of signing realistic ones and at the same time letting Cunningham and JET go for next to nothing, and then compounding that collosal **** up by entering the January window unprepared.  I'm sure that was Lansdown's idea too. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Read bobbob's post, 4 up from yours. 

Of course we all swear and cuss at football. But I'm not in a position of responsibility at the club. 

Oh and I'm not using it to hound him out either. I just expect him to show face and apologise for swearing in front of kids. 

A public apology over an incident like this? Really? 

Tbh the bloke sounded clueless anyway, we've based our game on passing since cotts was here. He's clearly making himself heard in an aggressive way towards cotterill so why shouldn't he be allowed to do the same? 

Disgraceful, hypocritical reactions from our fans tonight. 

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

A public apology over an incident like this? Really? 

Tbh the bloke sounded clueless anyway, we've based our game on passing since cotts was here. He's clearly making himself heard in an aggressive way towards cotterill so why shouldn't he be allowed to do the same? 

Disgraceful, hypocritical reactions from our fans tonight. 

Again I have to agree with this.

If I were Cotts and a clueless moron had a pop at me, in the middle of a game when passions are at their highest, for not doing the very thing that I had done ever since coming to the club, this pop coming on top of all the abuse that Cotts has had on here, which naturally he reads, after what he has done over the past 2 years, I would have reacted a lot worse than Cotts, who IMO deserves praise for his restraint.

11 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It is by definition a rumour, and I do dismiss it because it's not credible and been contradicted by the man who would actually know. 

Nor was a shortlist with players like Lindgaard and Gayle or a £7m+ bid for Andre Grey credible either. 

The debacle in the summer rests at the door of whoever decided to pursue out of reach players like that to the utter detriment of signing realistic ones and at the same time letting Cunningham and JET go for next to nothing, and then compounding that collosal **** up by entering the January window unprepared.  I'm sure that was Lansdown's idea too. 

OK by definition it's a rumour, to you. But to me it's not as I know more specifically than what I'm saying.

Nevertheless you are incorrect, because SL has not specifically contradicted it. If you think I'm wrong, can you tell me where SL has said, "no, it is not true that deals were agreed last summer but I pulled the plug on them because I had a bad feeling about the deals which the club has made over the past couple of years".

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Again I have to agree with this.

If I were Cotts and a clueless moron had a pop at me, in the middle of a game when passions are at their highest, for not doing the very thing that I had done ever since coming to the club, this pop coming on top of all the abuse that Cotts has had on here, which naturally he reads, after what he has done over the past 2 years, I would have reacted a lot worse than Cotts, who IMO deserves praise for his restraint.

He didn't demonstrate restraint. His actions, though understandable, were of a nature that would get him the sack in almost any other job. 

Archived