IGNORED

O Dear. Cotts loses it with our own supporters...

cityexile

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Couple of sweeping statements there. Is SC a multi millionaire? Does it matter if he is? Does the fan spend thousands of pounds a year following City? Does it matter?

The more of your stuff I read on here I swear you are the re-incarnation of Red Eye. Until I read the Nigel Pearson comment. He's a multi millionaire, who told a customer who pays thousands of pounds a year to watch his club, to '**** off & die'. But that's ok I guess, as it wasn't SC

I'm not a multi millionaire, unfortunately, and I've told people I work with, who didn't pay thousands of pounds for the enjoyment, to **** off. It's quite cathartic. Then we all put our big boy pants on and get on with it

I know that his kid(s) went to a posh prep school in Cheltenham, when he was there in around 1998(?). Must have accumulated a fair few spondulicks since.

18 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I don't think you have proved me wrong, have you?

As PG else just mentioned, I never saw SAF getting involved with fans like last night and even his press conferences were a world apart from SC's which are now like listening to a broken record.

Your last analogy doesn't really work does it?  Anyone could tell me to F off, but if I told one of my clients to F off it would be deeply unprofessional. I would be knee deep in the shit.  Yes, football is more passionate blah blah, but he is supposed to be the manager. Its basic stuff.

It doesn't take many brain cells to work out that as a manager you need to keep the fans on side.  He has literally shot himself in the foot here. Theres no way you can dress it up and say it was a good thing or nothing wrong with it. Its stupid.

How has he 'shot himself in the foot'? A fan has obviously run down to the front and had a pop at SC, SC then reacts to this 'one' fan. One fan then gets pushed up the stairs by a mate? for being a total ****, SC gives him a bit more of his mind.

Re the swearing, I hear our fans swearing, but don't actually hear SC swearing, he may well of, but it's unclear to me.

Brian Clough once punched a few Forest fans who were acting like *****, SC's only crime here is being passionate, and how many thousands of posts have we read on here over the last ten years pleading for our manager to be passionate.....

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

How has he 'shot himself in the foot'?

Because he has literally gained nothing by doing it and has now given people another reason to criticise him.

Personally, I don't think he will be around for much longer anyway but he is not exactly doing himself any favours.

38 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I don't think you have proved me wrong, have you?

As PG else just mentioned, I never saw SAF getting involved with fans like last night and even his press conferences were a world apart from SC's which are now like listening to a broken record.

Your last analogy doesn't really work does it?  Anyone could tell me to F off, but if I told one of my clients to F off it would be deeply unprofessional. I would be knee deep in the shit.  Yes, football is more passionate blah blah, but he is supposed to be the manager. Its basic stuff.

It doesn't take many brain cells to work out that as a manager you need to keep the fans on side.  He has literally shot himself in the foot here. Theres no way you can dress it up and say it was a good thing or nothing wrong with it. Its stupid.

You said that you wouldn't enjoy being shouted at by someone richer than you, or words to that effect? It feels like you're trying to start an argument with yourself, but using me to do it!

As I said in a previous post, I bet SAF copped it from the United fans before the trophies started rolling in, but no one had the opportunity to record it. Doesn't mean it never happened. Maybe SAF didn't react, maybe he did - we'll never know

Your last sentence I agree with 100%

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I wondered that but had it in my head that Blackpool were their rivals more so than Burnley. 

They are but when he was Dingles boss, we hadn't played Blackpool for a few years and we played Burnley all the time. A fair few North End fans cite Burnley as the team they hate most, same with Blackburn as well. Depends where you grew up. 

9 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

You said that you wouldn't enjoy being shouted at by someone richer than you, or words to that effect? It feels like you're trying to start an argument with yourself, but using me to do it!

As I said in a previous post, I bet SAF copped it from the United fans before the trophies started rolling in, but no one had the opportunity to record it. Doesn't mean it never happened. Maybe SAF didn't react, maybe he did - we'll never know

Your last sentence I agree with 100%

I think SAF had some pretty rocky patches even in the last 5 years or so he was there. I sem to remember a section of their fans saying he was passed it.  In my opinion SAF was way too smart to ever slag off the fans.  Its career suicide.

If I took up a job managing a football club I would constantly mention in interviews how great the fans are etc.  It helps unite the club and having a hostile support on your side is going to be nothing but beneficial.

I suspect I am now blowing it out of proportion anyway. Today's news is tomorrows chip paper and that.

1 hour ago, Collis1 said:

My point about money is that I wouldn't really appreciate being told to F off by someone who is on a huge wage being paid for by the club and in part by supporters.  He has a responsibility to act with humility and to represent the club in a good light.  In a similar way, I felt p1ssed that we were subsidizing Jody Morris' holidays with Rio Ferdinand while he seemingly didn't seem to give a shit about keeping fit.  Its all disrespectful.

Anyway, strange comparison to make.  If SAF was Marks and Spencer, Steve Cotterill is Poundland.

You weren't being told to F off, mate, unless you were the supporter verbally abusing SC. 

As we don't know what exactly was said to provoke the reaction,  it's wrong to automatically label it OTT. 

@Woodsy was quite correct in pointing out that being hot tempered and giving crap interviews doesn't preclude anyone from being a good manager.

43 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Because he has literally gained nothing by doing it and has now given people another reason to criticise him.

Personally, I don't think he will be around for much longer anyway but he is not exactly doing himself any favours.

Every City fan knew ( or should of ) what we were getting when SC became our manager, he wears his heart on his sleeve, he will always stand his ground.

I would like to know exactly what this one fan said to him, it must have been 'a bit naughty' for SC to react in the way he did, our fan got more than he bargained for didn't he, it may make him think next time he try's to be mr big.

6 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I think SAF had some pretty rocky patches even in the last 5 years or so he was there. I sem to remember a section of their fans saying he was passed it.  In my opinion SAF was way too smart to ever slag off the fans.  Its career suicide.

If I took up a job managing a football club I would constantly mention in interviews how great the fans are etc.  It helps unite the club and having a hostile support on your side is going to be nothing but beneficial.

I suspect I am now blowing it out of proportion anyway. Today's news is tomorrows chip paper and that.

He certainly played the game as well as anyone I've ever seen

As for SC (and City in general), all that hard work from last season.....gone. That is what annoys me the most

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You weren't being told to F off, mate, unless you were the supporter verbally abusing SC. 

As we don't know what exactly was said to provoke the reaction,  it's wrong to automatically label it OTT. 

@Woodsy was quite correct in pointing out that being hot tempered and giving crap interviews doesn't preclude anyone from being a good manager.

Thats a fair point, but I think whatever the fan said he should have risen above it.

Players get constant dogs abuse and you don't see many of them biting. Probably because their managers told them not too!

I think there is an argument for correlating hot tempered/poor in the media managers with unsuccessful ones. I don't think it helps them when they are on a bad run. 

1 minute ago, Collis1 said:

Thats a fair point, but I think whatever the fan said he should have risen above it.

Players get constant dogs abuse and you don't see many of them biting. Probably because their managers told them not too!

I think there is an argument for correlating hot tempered/poor in the media managers with unsuccessful ones. I don't think it helps them when they are on a bad run. 

So why, exactly, in a previous posting are you advocating the appointment of  a manager who tells fans to **** off and die?

11 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

So why, exactly, in a previous posting are you advocating the appointment of  a manager who tells fans to **** off and die?

I didn't know that to be fair.

In general, I would say that Pearson is quite good all round though (certainly more composed than SC). When he called a reporter an ostrich it was genius because it distracted the press from the awful performance by his team.

I think NP would be able to recruit much better as well. SC is clearly struggling with this side of things. As KITR mentioned, it doesn't help his cause when he is constantly kicking off with people!

City fans are no different to fans at any other club. So many false dawns, and the club's 'PR' is as awful as it has always been. Never known a situation at any club where signing players was such a farce. Blaming the supporters is easy. Clapping mediocrity and swallowing bullshit doesn't make anyone loyal, it makes you a mug.

34 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Every City fan knew ( or should of ) what we were getting when SC became our manager, he wears his heart on his sleeve, he will always stand his ground.

I would like to know exactly what this one fan said to him, it must have been 'a bit naughty' for SC to react in the way he did, our fan got more than he bargained for didn't he, it may make him think next time he try's to be mr big.

A poster who was there has said the fan shouted "play more football"

7 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

The fan shouted and swore at each player and then abused sc as he walked in ... SC defended his players and then in turn defended himself verbally. Such a shame the previous 40 seconds did not get recorded as then you would see the total footage. It was a cheap shot from a loud mouth embarrassing so called supporter !!!!! 

I like the fact his mate told him to shut the **** up and pushed him over

Sure, there's a definite anti SC brigade, and it's growing, (and I understand why), but there's plenty of us out there who are still behind him

7 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

The fan shouted and swore at each player and then abused sc as he walked in ... SC defended his players and then in turn defended himself verbally. Such a shame the previous 40 seconds did not get recorded as then you would see the total footage. It was a cheap shot from a loud mouth embarrassing so called supporter !!!!! 

Robin

Did you witness the whole thing ? - just asking.

If it was as you say then I don't blame SC . There are enough sticks to beat him with as it is.

18 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

What utter rubbish. We've been remarkably reserved about it all. At recent home games there has been warm applause despite a desperately poor run. 

Given the amount of drivel you spout, I won't lose any sleep over that comment

Not been a great deal of warm applause at Derby away and Burnley away

2 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

Given the amount of drivel you spout, I won't lose any sleep over that comment

Not been a great deal of warm applause at Derby away and Burnley away

Compared to football as a whole we are a fairly lukewarm bunch of fans.  In respect of SC, the fans have given him more breathing space that most.  A number of time s of late SC has has walked over to the fans and he's applauded us.  He's received the same back.

I agree not everyone has contributed as such, but I don't think SC would suggest Bristol City fans have given him a harder time than anyone else in his career.

I am a Behavioural Psychologist by profession and an NLP Practitioner,  so I have been using calming and subconscious disarming techniques for many years to defuse confrontational situations. This has served me well and brought me a decent living.  However,  the last bloke who gave me dogs abuse in a pub got put into next week.  Not prowed ( ? )  of it  but shows that even one who is conditioned to not react can act the tit sometimes and go off on one.  He did deserve it, mind.  Just sayin' 

18 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

I am a Behavioural Psychologist by profession and an NLP Practitioner,  so I have been using calming and subconscious disarming techniques for many years to defuse confrontational situations. This has served me well and brought me a decent living.  However,  the last bloke who gave me dogs abuse in a pub got put into next week.  Not prowed ( ? )  of it  but shows that even one who is conditioned to not react can act the tit sometimes and go off on one.  He did deserve it, mind.  Just sayin' 

Any chance you could tell me why my wife insists on taking 3 ******* hairdryers on holiday, and enough clothes to fill a Sort It Centre :D

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I like the fact his mate told him to shut the **** up and pushed him over

Sure, there's a definite anti SC brigade, and it's growing, (and I understand why), but there's plenty of us out there who are still behind him

What actually are you behind?

A man who's tactically inept and doesn't learn from his mistakes.

A man who has failed to recruit the players nessasary to keep us in this division (only a miracle will save us now)

A man who is totally beyond blame for anything.

A man who has no answers

A man who has won 4 games in 28 games after arguably our greatest season in league 1

This my friend is what you call blind faith or put another way pure stupidity.. And saying its to late to sack him because it's to late is not a good enough argument in my book!!

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

He certainly played the game as well as anyone I've ever seen

As for SC (and City in general), all that hard work from last season.....gone. That is what annoys me the most

That's my biggest gripe too. We have thrown away such a great chance to carry momentum forward.

25 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

What actually are you behind?

A man who's tactically inept and doesn't learn from his mistakes.

A man who has failed to recruit the players nessasary to keep us in this division (only a miracle will save us now)

A man who is totally beyond blame for anything.

A man who has no answers

A man who has won 4 games in 28 games after arguably our greatest season in league 1

This my friend is what you call blind faith or put another way pure stupidity.. And saying its to late to sack him because it's to late is not a good enough argument in my book!!

"Only a miracle will save us now" ?? Are you serious?

I would hate to see be in the trenches with you, you would have a white flag up in seconds! 

We are actually, currently, one win away from being in a non relegation place. 

Just now, Portland Bill said:

"Only a miracle will save us now" ?? Are you serious?

I would hate to see be in the trenches with you, you would have a white flag up in seconds! 

We are actually, currently, one win away from being in a non relegation place. 

1 win you say? We've only won 4 games all season and if anything are in decline!!

If I was in charge of a company in the trenches and things weren't working I would change things!!

I'd take it you wouldn't l? And therefore  Your troop would end up in the ground my friend ! 

Archived