IGNORED

O Dear. Cotts loses it with our own supporters...

cityexile

Just been reading these threads with interest... what I find intriguing is that fans are calling others so called supporters for wanting SC gone for poor performances yet were slating SOD, Del and Millen for the same reasons.

I guess that makes me a so called supporter as I want SC gone (I'll be blunt) based on the fact the performances are getting worse and his bullish interviews... 'We're always the better team' so why are we 22nd with a -23 GD? 'Players are tired as they played in the week/Saturday'.. yeah so did the team we're playing

8 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

1 win you say? We've only won 4 games all season and if anything are in decline!!

If I was in charge of a company in the trenches and things weren't working I would change things!!

I'd take it you wouldn't l? And therefore  Your troop would end up in the ground my friend ! 

Your negativity is astounding. 

I bet you hated last season when you couldn't find anything wrong! 

Were not cut adrift, were in probably the toughest league going, where success for a club of our size is staying up, but you have thrown the towel in halfway through.

Just now, Portland Bill said:

Were not cut adrift, were in probably the toughest league going, where success for a club of our size is staying up, but you have thrown the towel in halfway through.

Just now, Portland Bill said:

What an idiotic thing to say!!! Honesty no offence but what makes you think i don't enjoy success..? Your stupidity astounds Me!!

As for we're not cut adrift, we've been slipping down the table for months, if we lose to Middlesbrough on Sat and MK win we are cut adrift...Where in Gods name will we find 4 points?

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

What an idiotic thing to say!!! Honesty no offence but what makes you think i don't enjoy success..? Your stupidity astounds Me!!

As for we're not cut adrift, we've been slipping down the table for months, if we lose to Middlesbrough on Sat and MK win we are cut adrift...Where in Gods name will we find 4 points?

Perhaps it's because I've never seen a positive post about the club from you? 

Anyway, never mind, there's no point in me trying to give you any positivity is there, have it your way, were relegated, let's all give up now! 

12 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Perhaps it's because I've never seen a positive post about the club from you? 

Anyway, never mind, there's no point in me trying to give you any positivity is there, have it your way, were relegated, let's all give up now! 

I love this club as much as you Bill I justsimply can't find any positives this season... Last season was unbelievable and i was very positive :) 

18 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

With hindsight I think there were signs of things being wrong last year - the small squad (which was partly down to money but I believe also what Cotts wanted), Cotts reluctance to make substitutes and change tactics on the rare occasions things were not going well. Obviously with such a great season everyone stayed off Cotts back as we were storming the league regardless.

"were in probably the toughest league going". Really? We have played some god awful teams this season but we always lack that cutting edge, never been clinical in front of goal and made way too many individual errors to win games. That is the reason people are fed up watching Cotts pick the same team and make the same mistakes week in week out.

This season he's been found out and whilst I remain a little optimistic that we may survive by the skin of our teeth I do not see anything to be positive about. However I'm delighted for you that you do.

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

With hindsight I think there were signs of things being wrong last year - the small squad (which was partly down to money but I believe also what Cotts wanted), Cotts reluctance to make substitutes and change tactics on the rare occasions things were not going well. Obviously with such a great season everyone stayed off Cotts back as we were storming the league regardless.

"were in probably the toughest league going". Really? We have played some god awful teams this season but we always lack that cutting edge, never been clinical in front of goal and made way too many individual errors to win games. That is the reason people are fed up watching Cotts pick the same team and make the same mistakes week in week out.

This season he's been found out and whilst I remain a little optimistic that we may survive by the skin of our teeth I do not see anything to be positive about. However I'm delighted for you that you do.

It's an interesting point. The accepted view was The Championship is a very high standard - better than ever.  On reflection, I think it's far poorer than I'd anticipated. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

It's an interesting point. The accepted view was The Championship is a very high standard - better than ever.  On reflection, I think it's far poorer than I'd anticipated. 

Me too Cotswold. Any division where anyone can beat anyone can't be that great. We just need to beat the teams worse than us - and there have been plenty of them!

19 hours ago, tinman-is-god said:

The way he reacted was a disgrace. What people forget is that Cott is a professional. This 'he has every right to have a pop back' attitude because he gets so much stick argument does not hold water. He is a professional. I am a social worker. If I reacted to every abuse that got said to me in that way I'd be out of a career, let alone job. It is not excusable and is another reason why he must go. He's lost it.

Agreed,how many of us could get away with this behavior at work???....he should get his chin up and make a full and humble apology as manager of this football club,and should do so of his own volition..nothing less will do.

2 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

What actually are you behind?

A man who's tactically inept and doesn't learn from his mistakes.

A man who has failed to recruit the players nessasary to keep us in this division (only a miracle will save us now)

A man who is totally beyond blame for anything.

A man who has no answers

A man who has won 4 games in 28 games after arguably our greatest season in league 1

This my friend is what you call blind faith or put another way pure stupidity.. And saying its to late to sack him because it's to late is not a good enough argument in my book!!

I blame the complete cluster**** of people that SC has to work with, the people who sign off on new players and their wages, agents fees etc

You know, the people who are 'surprised' at how much players get paid at this level, despite only being out of it for two seasons

The same group of people who should have been preparing for promotion this time last year, because it was always going to happen

I was going to say 'but that's just me', but it isn't. There are 3 or 4 people I'd blame before SC. Think about it, cut through the bullshit

25 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Agreed,how many of us could get away with this behavior at work???....he should get his chin up and make a full and humble apology as manager of this football club,and should do so of his own volition..nothing less will do.

Just read in Twitter that the 'fan' threw a bottle at Cotts.....you'd take that, would you?

Not saying it's true, of course, but might shed some light on why he was so pissed off?

3 hours ago, robin4ever said:

A 56 year old told me by phone today as his son was ten yards from the where it happened . He is anti SC and entitled to his opinion but said he felt sorry for the abuse he took . 

I was right next to it, there was no abuse that I heard that would warrant SCs reaction 

if he had called SC a '******* useless****, and to **** off and die' I'd understand it.

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Just read in Twitter that the 'fan' threw a bottle at Cotts.....you'd take that, would you?

Not saying it's true, of course, but might shed some light on why he was so pissed off?

They did. As confirmed by Oskar and his mum. The swearing wasn't ok, but if someone lobbed a bottle at you, you'd be pretty narked too don't you think? 

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I blame the complete cluster**** of people that SC has to work with, the people who sign off on new players and their wages, agents fees etc

You know, the people who are 'surprised' at how much players get paid at this level, despite only being out of it for two seasons

The same group of people who should have been preparing for promotion this time last year, because it was always going to happen

I was going to say 'but that's just me', but it isn't. There are 3 or 4 people I'd blame before SC. Think about it, cut through the bullshit

I can't disagree with any of that...

SC still has to shoulder some of the blame though i.e. tactics, Decision making, these are all things in his control..

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

They did. As confirmed by Oskar and his mum. The swearing wasn't ok, but if someone lobbed a bottle at you, you'd be pretty narked too don't you think? 

Never saw that and I bet if you watch the cctv you won't see it either.

I'm sure if somebody threw a bottle it would be on the bcfc site by now and the fan would be banned

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I'm sure if somebody threw a bottle it would be on the bcfc site by now and the fan would be banned

I know who I believe :)

(Not saying you are a liar, just that you must have missed it) 

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I know who I believe :)

(Not saying you are a liar, just that you must have missed it) 

So you don't think this fan would have been arrested and banned if that was the case? My mate got 3 year ban for chucking a water bottle on the floor in rage that bounced up and just hit the pitch with the players 90 metres away. 

Until I see other evidence I'm more than happy to trust my own eyes on this one. 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I am guessing that as Cotts reacted like he did (and not very well in my opinion) then it was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other and the club have decided to take no further action. :) 

I'd be surprised at that, knowing the club. There's always been a determination to brand ourselves as 'family friendly' - a video which has gone viral clearly showing two kids infront of the incident doesn't exactly enhance that desired image.

Sat in dolman so didn't see anything, I was to busy watching Luke freeman have a slagging match at half time with a fan in lower dolman.

watched video and its ropey to say least, but SC should have acted more professionally. But this just shows what a mess we are in. Fans and manger arguing at half time in a game so important. I have no answers but just thing tho incident shows what a disastrous season it has been all round. Even more frustrating is that I think we are now beyond rescue this season.

59 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Sorry Woodsy I cant entirely agree with you man... SC should shoulder equal part of the blame as well as the board, on the pitch especially... His tactics and subs etc are questionable and predictable which dont seem to work. We dont score many, we cant defend and all these hard luck stories have worn extremely thin as our position, goals conceded, GD etc completely contradicts what BS he comes out with in interviews. Also regarding transfer policy, SC had publicly stated when he come in that he is the manager and he has final say on all transfers etc... 

I know I'm not respecting my elders here so dont tell my dad ;)

57 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I somehow doubt Oskar and his mum dreamt the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I somehow doubt Oskar and his mum dreamt the whole thing.

I was standing next to the bloke - I've even had to call my mate who also witnessed it all to make sure I'm not going mad and he also saw no bottle thrown 

where were they sitting?

8 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I was standing next to the bloke - I've even had to call my mate who also witnessed it all to make sure I'm not going mad and he also saw no bottle thrown 

where were they sitting?

Surely more people would have witnessed a bottle being thrown, sounds like only a couple apparently saw it

Archived