IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

EmersonsRed

On 16 January 2016 at 14:21, rockinrobin said:

I don't believe MA will be our next manager. We need someone with experience to get us out this league and as Mr Ashton has just said on his interview this is the hardest league to get promotion from. Mr Ashton would not leave Oxford having put all the links in place to leave and then go back and steel their manager when that combination is working for Oxford at this moment in time.That said I believe we are very much into getting the right person for the job and am inclined to think it will be NP, with his proven track record and out of work at the moment and no compensation needed, he would be the perfect fit and has the right DNA for this football club to succeed. 

UPTC

2-1 to the boys today

"The Boys"? ………….Are you sure your on the right forum?   

7 minutes ago, kivsy said:

with all the cheap options, appleton, stick with pembo, or warnock, i was trying to think outside the box, championship experience is key for me, ...unless we are planning for league 1 

All fair comment, but personally I'd rather we went for someone who is not an utter****!

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It seems the key component in many peoples eyes for our next Manager is for him to be virtuous. Perhaps we should go for the Dalai Lama?

Trevor Brooking then? Surely the nicest man in football, ever.

Edit: my above comment was about Malky Mackay, not Pearson by the way.

37 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

Very interesting tweet from NP 20 hours ago "Let's get back and get the show on the road". To me, that sounds like someone about to get back into work. Thoughts?

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not him, would have a verified blue tick if it was, look at the tweets; he wouldn't be tweeting about "chat sh*t get banged" if it was legit would he

It was me that originally retweeted it (or perhaps one of many).

Not every celebrity gets their Twitter verified.  I tweeted John Gregory once and got a private message from his daughter, saying thanks for my nice comments about her dad, and that she checked his Twitter because he didn't look at it that often.  His wasn't verified.

I suspect it may well be fake, but maybe he's a very casual user of Twitbook?

55 minutes ago, kivsy said:

a bit random,  how about malkay mckay ?  

Oh yes. Malky is a firm believer in ethnic diversity, female football agents and Judaism. What's not to like?

Malky will bring the Bristol City family together like a Christmas Day episode of Only Fools and Horses. Hooray!

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Oh yes. Malky is a firm believer in ethnic diversity, female football agents and Judaism. What's not to like?

Malky will bring the Bristol City family together like a Christmas Day episode of Only Fools and Horses. Hooray!

not to mention he stung Tan over so very dodgy transfer arrangements, guys serious dodgy, no one in football will be touching him if they have half a brain

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was me that originally retweeted it (or perhaps one of many).

Not every celebrity gets their Twitter verified.  I tweeted John Gregory once and got a private message from his daughter, saying thanks for my nice comments about her dad, and that she checked his Twitter because he didn't look at it that often.  His wasn't verified.

I suspect it may well be fake, but maybe he's a very casual user of Twitbook?

It's 100% not him - read his content further back! He also has less than 2000 followers - even Lee Johnson has close to 10k!

39 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Someone reckons Father and Son were in Manchester this weekend. So were Pearson and Moyes.

Considering the population of Manchester, I think it's safe to say that there were several fathers and sons and several people called Pearson or Moyes there this weekend. There may even have been a father and son called Pearson or Moyes. 

I therefore believe that "someone" is correct 

On 16 January 2016 at 08:17, EmersonsRed said:

Morning all, unfortunately this will be my last post until Sunday afternoon as I'm off to London this morning. I received a text about an hour ago which simply said "Pearson wants to be a manager, Bristol City want to employ a head coach. Common nowadays, JFH is becoming increasingly frustrated at QPR about having little control. City will have to give in or lose their man"... Then went on to talk about his wedding, but I'll leave that bit out.

We need to let him bring in who he wants and have full control. Give the bloke trust. He's not exactly got a bad record. 

Hope we get him, or at the very least I hope my source is right and we are talking to him. Coyr

Just thought I'd bump this up after tonight's interview with Mark Ashton on radio Bristol. As I said the other day. He wants to be the manager. We want a head coach. 

52 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Had a text claiming Pearson is at AG today. Thought I'd check it out after the Father and Son in Manchester claim. 

He is, most definitely, part of the Talk Sport team, but not The Nigel Pearson!

Unless there really are two Nigel Pearson's at AG tonight plus Alex

Isn't it Alex Pearce not Pearson?!

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Nope, it's Nigel Pearson (football and speedway commentator) - https://twitter.com/nigelpearson/with_replies

You mis-read my post - I was responding to someone who said there would be two Nigel Pearson's there tonight plus Alex - so I assumed they thought there would be three Pearsons there so I just pointed out that Alex's surname is in fact Pearce not Pearson...as in Alex Pearce our new signing...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You mis-read my post - I was responding to someone who said there would be two Nigel Pearson's there tonight plus Alex - so I assumed they thought there would be three Pearsons there so I just pointed out that Alex's surname is in fact Pearce not Pearson...as in Alex Pearce our new signing...

Indeed I did. Apols!

Archived