IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

EmersonsRed

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I don't think so. I thought you couldn't have a plate which represented your car as first registered later than it in fact was, although if that's the whole plate perhaps it doesn't fall foul of that? 

Even if it is, why 'NP16'? I doubt he's buying up NP17 for next year, NP18 the year after etc. Unless'16' carries some significance it don't pass the 'smell' test - ie reeks of bull dung. 

As I said I now doubt it. Could be anyone with NP initials, I remember seeing a very flash Ferrari and Range Rover with personalised plates week after week last season at the gate, turned out they belonged to the Barr building contractor!

7 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

It's Appleton. Gutted 

If it was Appleton, chances are there'd be journalists reporting it. Suddenly twice as many journalists and ITK's because we'd be dealing with another club due to compensation. If it is Appleton, someone with credence will break it before it becomes public knowledge.

1 minute ago, EmersonsRed said:

Hi. Posting this from my phone. We are after him. There are many people on this forum that have made up BS rumours and had the piss taken out of them for a long, long time - I'm putting my neck on the line here. After hearing what I've heard in the past hour - NP is our man. 

Great to hear. Hope you're right 

With Ashton's Oxford Utd history some may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 especially with the betting odds. Would he really think that a L2 manager could take us to the next level in the Championship? Who knows but I think that's a leap of faith and would like to think that Ashton will consider what's best for us and we need a better and more experienced manager/coach (than Appleton) at this level to progress.

From his interview, no indication that anything's imminent so hope the Appleton rumours are purely that and that they give serious consideration and take any discussions with Pearson seriously. A Pearson appointment would be a no brainer and quite possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity as he's currently out of work but, as others have said, whether his demands and approach and can be made to fit with that of the club, only SL and the board will know.

Fingers crossed that the club can agree a Pearson deal and make it work.  

5 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Hi. Posting this from my phone. We are after him. There are many people on this forum that have made up BS rumours and had the piss taken out of them for a long, long time - I'm putting my neck on the line here. After hearing what I've heard in the past hour - NP is our man. 

Fair play for posting this, especially knowing how things go when firm suggestions get shot down (Oh, Kachina; how we miss you...)!

I've not seen the video, but didn't someone say that Mark Ashton said "you'd be surprised who is interested in the job" when talking about the vacancy?

Well, I'm not too proud to say Pearson would be a surprise!

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Fair play for posting this, especially knowing how things go when firm suggestions get shot down (Oh, Kachina; how we miss you...)!

I've not seen the video, but didn't someone say that Mark Ashton said "you'd be surprised who is interested in the job" when talking about the vacancy?

Well, I'm not too proud to say Pearson would be a surprise!

Mark Ashton did indeed say that. 

17 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Appletons record....

Team From To Record
G W D L Win %
West Bromwich Albion (caretaker) 6 February 2011 12 February 2011 1 0 1 0 0.00
Portsmouth 10 November 2011 7 November 2012 51 13 11 27 25.49
Blackpool 7 November 2012 11 January 2013 12 2 8 2 16.67
Blackburn Rovers 11 January 2013 19 March 2013 15 4 5 6 26.67
Oxford United 4 July 2014 Present 87 38 28 21 43.68

So he should be our man when we are in league 2 then.

I don't believe MA will be our next manager. We need someone with experience to get us out this league and as Mr Ashton has just said on his interview this is the hardest league to get promotion from. Mr Ashton would not leave Oxford having put all the links in place to leave and then go back and steel their manager when that combination is working for Oxford at this moment in time.That said I believe we are very much into getting the right person for the job and am inclined to think it will be NP, with his proven track record and out of work at the moment and no compensation needed, he would be the perfect fit and has the right DNA for this football club to succeed. 

UPTC

2-1 to the boys today

5 minutes ago, Super said:

So he should be our man when we are in league 2 then.

Well, Pearson was the man who both signed and waved forward Jimmy Glass to score the injury time goal that kept Carlisle in the football league, so he'd not be a bad choice for that division either!

Archived