IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

EmersonsRed

9 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Mail now saying Appleton is the main target, also interested in Mark Cooper.

I wonder if Pearson is just trying to get on the radar for other clubs, a bit like players have done with us.

If thats the case how on earth are we going to attract any decent type of players ? 2 total no marks !

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

Totally agree. The only person lansdown and co will be looking for is a cheap and easy yes man, Pearson certainly isn't that. 

How do you know Mr Lansdown wants a 'cheap and easy yes man'?!

I would have thought an experienced, established, successful manager would be preferable as he could be left to get on with it and do his job, which would make Mr Lansdown's life easier.

But I don't pretend to know what Mr Lansdown is thinking...

8 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Interesting thread on him coming here on the Leicester forum:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/104044-has-pearson-gone-west/page-1

Seems to be held in quite high esteem there despite the impression you might be given by the media (and THAT YouTube clip). Many feel we would be very lucky to get him. 

Be warned, you'll need to bite your tongue on a few of the posts about us. They seem to have got a bit Billybigbollux over there (understandably), or just ignorant. 

Is indeed an interesting read. Quite a lot of comments about his dependency/desire for his back room staff? Never ever going to move from Leicester are they to us. 

Cannot in truth see it, but would love to be wrong. Would certainly show intent.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Precisely, and these are exactly the things that SC was accused of being when the board sought him out and appointed him - this notion seems to get bandied about whenever it comes to bringing in a new gaffer, and I'm not really sure there is much weight to it (and please don't use 'evidence' from this forum to back it up, folks; far too much of what is presented as fact here is clearly isn't).

We'll see what happens.  

And for all he record; I'd agree with those saying Appleton would be underwhelming based on his record at this level, and after hearing him talk tonight I am impressed by Pearson's grasp of the game and thinking.  

But whatever happens, and whoever arrives, I'll be getting behind them, because as SC proved ten fold; sometimes people can surprise you.

COYR

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I would have thought an experienced, established, successful manager would be preferable as he could be left to get on with it and do his job, which would make Mr Lansdown's life easier.

But I don't pretend to know what Mr Lansdown is thinking...

He doesn't know what Lansdown wants. It's just another example of a sweeping statement by someone claiming to know what a man they've never met is thinking.

13 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I tried to bet NP with Paddy at 9/4  ...event already started

Tried MA at 2/1          not taking bets

I DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS!

Just went back on as I looked a little while ago, yep disappeared !  What do they know that we don't ?

Without reading through seven pages of stuff I'd like to further reiterate what I was told last night and has confirmed to me today, we approached Nigel Pearson and as I said afterwards this afternoon, we aren't particularly keen about bringing in all of his backroom staff he demands (I presume that's what he meant by the hierarchy of a club trusting him fully on the radio tonight).

I'm led to believe the club will talk to Pearson over the weekend and hopefully come to an agreement by Tuesday.

As I also stated before, the bloke who's telling me this has no interest in Bristol City, no reason to wind me up, works within football. I have my trust in him.

(Thanks for nobody abusing me by the way)!!!

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just went back on as I looked a little while ago, yep disappeared !  What do they know that we don't ?

Are they not accepting bets on MA? Looks like 7/2 still on my screen - can add to slip. Am I missing something? 

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Without reading through seven pages of stuff I'd like to further reiterate what I was told last night and has confirmed to me today, we approached Nigel Pearson and as I said afterwards this afternoon, we aren't particularly keen about bringing in all of his backroom staff he demands (I presume that's what he meant by the hierarchy of a club trusting him fully on the radio tonight).

I'm led to believe the club will talk to Pearson over the weekend and hopefully come to an agreement by Tuesday.

As I also stated before, the bloke who's telling me this has no interest in Bristol City, no reason to wind me up, works within football. I have my trust in him.

Their was rumour that was why he turned down both the Reading and Fulham jobs due to not allowing him changes to backroom staff as well as wage demands, I'd imagine we might sanction a few changes but I it depends guess how drastic they are and the wages that go with it.  If he wants a few from Leicester though I can't see them coming with how well their doing right now or affordable.

6 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

The back room staff is an interesting one. He surely can not mean the Leicester staff. They could well be in the Champions league next year. He does like people he knows and trusts around him, so may well be some truth he wants to own who he works with.

The next few days are not going to be dull!

Love the fact that Gary Johnson is the same price as Clarence Seedorf.  

Have to say though that Jon Pemberton at 33/1 is a good price.  I'm not convinced the board have anyone lined up and if we have an upturn whilst not getting our preferred target (not impossible) he might well get the job.    Looking at it logically, how on earth is Garry Monk shorter than Chris Powell, Steve Clarke and Uwe Rosler?  

Trying to be as dispassionate as possible, it seems to me that the best bets in there are Pearson, but failing that one of Steve Clarke, Chris Powell and Uwe Rosler.  All those 3 have championship experience and are fairly unblemished having been sacked prematurely from their last jobs.

Archived