IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

EmersonsRed

19 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

If this is true and we actually don't have a replacement lined up then what a disgrace 

I agree with my fellow P'header but I imagine there will be a few people who will say to have a replacement lined up means the club were doing the dirty on the manager while he was still employed. Damned if you do, etc etc.

Putting the bizarre behaviour towards the end of his second spell at Leicester to one side, he's the stand out candidate in terms of his experience at this level, amongst those touted so far. Must also be very well connected you would think, and you would hope we stand a much better chance of attracting players with him than most of the more realistic names.

25 minutes ago, hantsred said:

I expect he will have the same rapport with our fans as he did with Leicester!

Don't you just love football fans, screaming the C word at the man again and again and then being shocked when they get a similar reply in the heat of the moment. 

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Would love Pearson as our manager.

Won the Championship as manager and kept Leicester in the premier league. Unearthed and signed diamonds like Vardy and Mahrez for peanuts...

In modern day football it is not true that when you get a manager you are also getting his eye for a player.  Leicester have a large team of scouts and analysts who identify players.

Would be a good appointment. However, part of the boards reason in sacking Cotts was stating that our goal is Premier league football so no matter who the new manager turns out to be what are they going to do when the players identified want the money to go with it? 

Like others have said, can't see him joining us.  Unless we sell him an incredible tale of our ambition and desire to compete at the top end of the Championship, you'd expect him to wait for a bigger job.

Be a fantastic coup for the club if we did manage to entice him.  You'd have to fancy his chances of keeping us up and then building a squad good enough to challenge next season.

He's the 1 guy you'd think would have the most chance of keeping us up. He could probably get us to a comfortable midtable place in the championship next season and then our fans would want him out because he's not the right guy to take us to the next level. Football is a funny old game. 

44 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I am sure that Pearson will think he is better than us and I agree that he is.  If he waits he will be offered something like Fulham,  Cardiff or Wolves.  Maybe even Villa.  

Moyes is also unrealistic.  The best we can hope for is someone like Steve Clarke.  

Exactly what I think.

Clearly Warnock would also be interested, depends if we are going to appoint a short term fix with the sole brief of trying to stay up or someone who is as long a term option as anyone can be these days.

Just think the likes of Moyes, Monk and Pearson all think they can get a better job than ours.

9 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

hmmm looks like he could start a fight at someone else's mother's funeral. As a player or a fan you've got to at least like your manager a little bit,surely. 

Dunno, think it might be productive if our players were sh1t scared of him. Fear being the biggest motivator and all

Interesting that the statement said they were looking for a head coach, not a manager. Would Pearson go for that or is he an out and out manager type? I don't know how it worked for him at Leicester. If we're looking to move up a level, we need to move up a level in terms of management. Putting personalities to one side, he does fit the bill.

Archived