IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

EmersonsRed

Christ; hearing him talking about getting Leicester out of trouble last year, and his appoach to achieving that, really has me thinking "we need some of THAT."

Comments saying that going out just thinking "we have good players and team spirit" is not enough, while instead you need a club-wide focus on success; really sounds like he knows his stuff.

4 minutes ago, samo II said:

Christ; hearing him talking about getting Leicester out of trouble last year, and his appoach to achieving that, really has me thinking "we need some of THAT."

Comments saying that going out just thinking "we have good players and team spirit" is not enough, while instead you need a club-wide focus on success; really sounds like he knows his stuff.

Exactly the person we need. Someone who can get the whole club focused on achieving success from the club shop staff to the first team squad. He would be able to change the whole mentality of the club and I'm sure he would have the majority of the support because of his past achievements.

1 minute ago, Just Red said:

Exactly the person we need. Someone who can get the whole club focused on achieving success from the club shop staff to the first team squad. He would be able to change the whole mentality of the club and I'm sure he would have the majority of the support because of his past achievements.

The current talk about managing through a transitional period, and dealing with the psychology of players who are on a bad run; it is all exactly the type of approach we need here right now.

He seems very honest about his experiences too; both good and bad.  

10 minutes ago, samo II said:

Sounds like he's conducting his interview for the City job

Well, I have to say; he certainly did nothing to rule himself out there.

Was speaking about managing in all four divisions, having been in relegation dog fights, calling Bristol a "big city" (might be buttering out arses on that one), and about a club fully commuting itself to him as manager, as he commits himself fully to the job.

That is certainly not a yes, but also a long way from a ruling himself out.

It was a very good answer to be fair to the bloke. He doesn't half come across well, as said, articulate, intelligent, thoughtful and looking for a long term role. His answer to the Leicester fan saying it was his team, showed no lack of humility either, I didn't expect that.

I really do want this guy to manage our club, even moreso after listening to him.

Archived