IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

EmersonsRed

2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Interesting that the statement said they were looking for a head coach, not a manager. Would Pearson go for that or is he an out and out manager type? I don't know how it worked for him at Leicester. If we're looking to move up a level, we need to move up a level in terms of management. Putting personalities to one side, he does fit the bill.

SOD was a head coach wasn't he?

2 hours ago, P'head Red said:

If this is true and we actually don't have a replacement lined up then what a disgrace 

Could you not say if we had approached him before sacking SC then that would be a 'disgrace' because it would show a complete lack of respect to a manager that had done so much for us? Think youd have equal number of fans taking that view so board are a bit damned if they do, damned if they dont.

I personally wouldn't go for Pearson, but I do remember when he took over a dead and buried Southampton team and saved them from relegation, so he knows how to organise a team.

My worry is that when he was at Leicester he had a good squad of players and it took someone like Ranieri to get the best out of them, so it appears Pearson's tactics only go so far.

Still, if he can keep us up and get us competitive in this league, that's all that matters for the moment and then we can push on (hopefully)

4 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I personally wouldn't go for Pearson, but I do remember when he took over a dead and buried Southampton team and saved them from relegation, so he knows how to organise a team.

My worry is that when he was at Leicester he had a good squad of players and it took someone like Ranieri to get the best out of them, so it appears Pearson's tactics only go so far.

Still, if he can keep us up and get us competitive in this league, that's all that matters for the moment and then we can push on (hopefully)

Sorry dont agree with your comments about Pearson not getting the best from the players. it was him who turn't the team around, and it is Ranieri who has continued the good work started by Pearson.

I'd like Pearson to be in charge, if only to bfind associated with that wild dogs in the Romanian wilderness story

Other than that, he's a nutcase which can go either way IMO. I wouldn't be suprised if it's Elliot and Pemberton until the end of the season, just so we can crack on with trying to get some players in

17 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I don't think we'll persuade Ranieri to up sticks and come here, mate

16 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Considerably further than we've ever got !

I'm not sure the board could cope with such a high profile and potentially *****ly appointment.

5 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Head football journo at The Sun says Pearson is our top target...

Been reported elsewhere already, but I understand Nigel Pearson is Bristol City's No1 target. Whether they'll get him though...

Target. That means not lined up and ready to come in, which is distressing. 

Thats ok though, we've got a proven record this season of landing our targets...

Oh wait. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Don't you just love football fans, screaming the C word at the man again and again and then being shocked when they get a similar reply in the heat of the moment. 

I was thinking the exact same! Amazing how they shut up and were shocked when he gave some back.

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Pearson would be ideal choice for me. He has the track record. I don't care if he is a bit cranky, he has proven he can get results.

This. I don't care about his personality, I'm not going down the pub with him after matches so why would I care. Proven to get results and that's the only thing that matters.

1 hour ago, jambodinho said:

See a few mention Warnock.  He lost the fire in his belly a few years back at leeds. Pretty sure he admitted on the radio after that job that he hasn't got the fight in him anymore for management. Football had exhausted him. He's a big no for me. 

I'm not suggesting we go for Warnock, but he might be interested if he was offered the job till the end of the season. His objective would just be to bring in some players, probably on loan, who would keep City in the Championship.  He's got the contacts and he might like to go out in a blaze of glory (assuming he's successful)

4 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

I would have thought / hoped that someone would already have been lined up before yesterday. I believe there is, and I don't think it's Pearson. There has to be a respectable pause, hopefully Monday will be the day.

I agree and if there is someone already set up, I hope he is already working behind the scenes, trying to get some new players on his radar. 

the whole thing is a lottery, managers perform well in certain clubs but the chemistry just isn't quite right once they move - my massive concern is the corrosive effect of the hierarchy at this club. essentially I think SL is a control freak, and clearly has puppets in 'charge' at board level. the churn of managers and the circumstance behind many of their departures has, IMHO backed that up.

he has consistently failed to implement any coherent strategy for transfers and wages, yet we find ourselves in a fantastic stadium.

and lastly - 'judge me on tinnion' say no more.

My understanding is Pearson is interested but he wants his own backroom staff and we are unwilling to pay the wages of them all currently.

It may also be worth pointing out my source is nothing to do with Bristol City and is in fact a S****horpe fan who works within football, I have no reason to believe he's winding me up as he really couldn't care less about City.

Still willing to take the abuse!

5 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

My understanding is Pearson is interested but he wants his own backroom staff and we are unwilling to pay the wages of them all currently.

It may also be worth pointing out my source is nothing to do with Bristol City and is in fact a S****horpe fan who works within football, I have no reason to believe he's winding me up as he really couldn't care less about City.

Still willing to take the abuse!

If true and the board really want him as Manager why the hell won't they pay for the backroom staff as well, most Managers will want their own anyway if we want to stay up and Pearson is their number 1 man surely they would do all they can to get him

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

I am sure that Pearson will think he is better than us and I agree that he is.  If he waits he will be offered something like Fulham,  Cardiff or Wolves.  Maybe even Villa.  

Moyes is also unrealistic.  The best we can hope for is someone like Steve Clarke.  

You say that but two of the four clubs you mention have changed manager recently.  Either Pearson wasn't approached or said no.  It may be he's not being offered the jobs you might expect but that does make you wonder why.

My view is Pearson is the most obvious like-for-like replacement for Cotts.  The question is whether like-for-like is the best route to go down...

Archived