IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

EmersonsRed

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

It's more a case of it not being another inept cheap option than HAVING to be Pearson.

Appleton FFS, not sure how old you are but I'd like to see City back in the top flight not back in league one.

My comment was meant as light hearted YS, I hope you took it that way.

I do agree with your post but would like to see Pearson in charge. I rate the man.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Chris Powell on Football Focus says he doesn't the think Nigel will go to us. 

Powell and Pearson have worked together (think Pearson hired him before), so that suggests he might have some insight.

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

That's cause he wants the job!

Honestly; we could do far, far worse - for example; I'd take him over Mark Cooper even if Cooper said he'd do the job for free.

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

Powell and Pearson have worked together (think Pearson hired him before), so that suggests he might have some insight.

Honestly; we could do far, far worse - for example; I'd take him over Mark Cooper even if Cooper said he'd do the job for free.

We need somebody with experience and success at this level, Powell doesn't have that, same as the majority of other candidates

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

We need somebody with experience and success at this level, Powell doesn't have that, same as the majority of other candidates

True; wasn't throwing my support behind him, but just saying that if it came down to it, I'd rather someone with at least some success on their CV (promotion to the Championship) and few seasons of managing at this level when compared to someone with none of those things.

I'm hoping we're more ambitious than that in our thinking, just saying if worst-comes-to-worst, we might end up wishing we'd someone with even his limited experience...

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Well if that is Nigel Pearson's car, I'm sure he will have turned round and driven out far quicker than he came in, once he heard the news about Ashton!

That's one potential managerial option gone down the crapper now!!!

Not necessarily, not sure why people are saying this. At Leicester, Hull and Saints (all similar sized clubs with big infrastructure) Pearson would have worked under directors of football etc before. He's a modern manager and will understand the benefits of having a more collectivist approach to recruitment. If the rumours of Pearson wanting his trusted back room team in are true, this further validates this. He obviously likes to bounce ideas off others. Ashton will understand the benefits of a manager like Pearson. 

4 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Well if that is Nigel Pearson's car, I'm sure he will have turned round and driven out far quicker than he came in, once he heard the news about Ashton!

That's one potential managerial option gone down the crapper now!!!

Why is that?  Am I missing something about this Ashton chap that everyone else knows?  

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not necessarily, not sure why people are saying this. At Leicester, Hull and Saints (all similar sized clubs with big infrastructure) Pearson would have worked under directors of football etc before. He's a modern manager and will understand the benefits of having a more collectivist approach to recruitment. If the rumours of Pearson wanting his trusted back room team in are true, this further validates this. He obviously likes to bounce ideas off others. Ashton will understand the benefits of a manager like Pearson. 

From what Pearson said yesterday on the radio, where he was very open and honest about what he required from a club to become it's manager, I did not get the impression that he'd not work with a person in the type of role Ashton's is described as.  He actually spoke about how having a clear and focused recruitment strategy was a big element of progress, and it is widely known that at Leicester that was not Pearson's primary concern, but that of Steve Walsh, so nothing that has happened as yet to rule him out.  

Not to say I expect Pearson to come here, but I think people are making assumptions based on either very little, or stuff I'm completely unaware of.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would love to think that, but if it's true that NP likes to have a lot to do with transfers, I think we've now made ourselves even less attractive.

Hope I'm wrong but smells very much like we're aiming for the Appleton cheap option route.

Guess we'll find out soon enough

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Would love to think that, but if it's true that NP likes to have a lot to do with transfers, I think we've now made ourselves even less attractive.

Hope I'm wrong but smells very much like we're aiming for the Appleton cheap option route.

Guess we'll find out soon enough

I'd give a listen to what he said last night on 5live; he made clear he felt recruitment was a key part component of building a team, but didn't say he needed to be in soul charge of it, nor that it was about him seeking those players out - was more about a clear strategy, and as mentioned; from what I understand, that wasn't his at Leicester, but led by someone else.  He spoke more about getting the right type of player in the dressing room, as mental preparation is a big part of his approach, but that is just one element of bringing in a player, and one I think all first team coaches/managers would have a say in.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Is that a legal plate, considering the 2016 registrations aren't out until March?

Personalised you can have what you want can't you (within reason, no swearing).

i now feel info was duff, sorry. Told by someone who wouldn't give me bad info, but probably the info given to them was. 

Anyway, all rumours are Appleton again

4 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Is that a legal plate, considering the 2016 registrations aren't out until March?

I don't think so. I thought you couldn't have a plate which represented your car as first registered later than it in fact was, although if that's the whole plate perhaps it doesn't fall foul of that? 

Even if it is, why 'NP16'? I doubt he's buying up NP17 for next year, NP18 the year after etc. Unless'16' carries some significance it don't pass the 'smell' test - ie reeks of bull dung. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Private plate 

Depends if that's the whole plate; from the DVLA: 

Depending on the age of your vehicle, there may be restrictions to what registrations would be suitable for use on your vehicle. This is very important to note before making your choice.

Where the personalised registration number has an age identifier (i.e. current style, prefix and suffix numbers see What style of registration number do you offer for sale?), you can only put that number onto a vehicle of equal age or newer. For example, if you purchase a 62 current style registration, it can only go onto a vehicle that was first registered as new on or after 1st September 2012. Please see the table below which shows the original issue dates of registration numbers.

current style registrations
prefix registrations
suffix registrations

Archived