IGNORED

Stuart Pearce

supercidered

5 minutes ago, wallaceboy said:

Were gonna end up with some1 that a percentage of fans are not sure about.it's all about getting behind the choice of manager and hoping for the best.

Ah- at last: The Voice of Reason!

I and many others couldn't agree with you more.

(So long as it's not Pearce, Pembs, Robins, Johnson ( big or small), Appleton, Holloway , Warnock, Tisdale and several others).

19 minutes ago, wallaceboy said:

Were gonna end up with some1 that a percentage of fans are not sure about.it's all about getting behind the choice of manager and hoping for the best.

Have to agree with you. Although as I've already stated I wouldn't be keen on Pearce. Having said that, I was not happy when we appointed Cotts. WTF do I know then!

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

I agree with you most sites are rubbish but Skybet is a bit more reliable.

Scary

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Don't know why people get so fixated by it. It means absolutely nothing. Unless people are lumping huge sums of cash on which suggests inside knowledge, in which case betting gets suspended anyway!

Frightening

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Well it would continue our preference of hiring people who's most recent action on their CV was getting sacked by Forest.

Petrified

Lets try and be more positive and talk about managers who we would like...

Looking on that Sky Bet list I rather like the last guy on it.. he has a pretty decent record.. and I have mentioned him before..

Name in home country: Óscar García Junyent
Date of birth: Apr 26, 1973
Place of birth: Sabadell  Spain
Nationality: Spain  Spain
ø term as coach: 0,68 Years
Points per match as manager: 1,76
Success rate as coach: 50,5 % Wins
24,7 % Draw
24,7 % Losses
Preferred formation: 4-3-3 off.

He was at Watford and, before that, Brighton...and big connections with Barca and Valencia whom he also played for... bit of ill health curtailed his work but he is back with Red Bull Salzburg now. Reckon he has a real point to prove. Talking about him for 20 seconds takes my mind off the horrendous thought of Pearce.

Seems strange that people in here were defending the appointment of Appleton a few days ago even if he offered nothing, yet Pearce doesn't get the same defence?

Dont get me wrong he's not my choice by any means (Pearson all the way), however he is a name that will attract players, he did well for England Under 21's which will be good for our academy.  He is well respected in the game, and he is a passionate guy, I'd rather him than Appleton anyday

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Ah- at last: The Voice of Reason!

I and many others couldn't agree with you more.

(So long as it's not Pearce, Pembs, Robins, Johnson ( big or small), Appleton, Holloway , Warnock, Tisdale and several others)if pembo wins the next few games not including tomorrow night.I have a feeling the reins could be his til season ends.

6 minutes ago, redfred said:

I heard Pearce co-commentating on Five Live recently and when asked a general question about management, he virtually ruled himself out of a return to club management, so it does go to show that odds mean nothing. 

Or that people can be very divisive for their own needs and wants.

Yesterday evening I Facebook'd a mate who is a long time (school together), close friend of Psycho's.

I asked if he knew anything or could give me a clue as to whether Stu was shortlisted etc.

His reply was "Had lunch with him today and he didn't mention it".

I mentioned he was favourite in the betting to which he replied "Wow - He only got back from doing some coaching and presentations in the States last night!"

Now my mate lives in Bristol, so I'm intrigued as to why Psycho made such a big effort to drive down to Bristol on monday morning after flying into Heathrow or Gatwick on Sunday. Maybe to finalise the deal ready to be announced Tues/Weds?

Ill leave you to draw your own conclusions!

Cheers!

Archived