IGNORED

Stuart Pearce

supercidered

45 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

Just been asked about Bristol City, not interested at the moment and shocked he's linked.

Also thought Cotts was doing ok.

2 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

on talk sport now. Pretty much said he has applied for the job. No please don't!!!

So which is true? Two accounts of the same conversation but total opposites?

5 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

So which is true? Two accounts of the same conversation but total opposites?

Didn't hear the 2nd bit, Didn't give that impression from the 1st time he was asked. Must of missed the latter, he did say he applied for the Fulham job though.

49 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Relax, it will be Gary Monk in a head coaching role.

would be happy with that

as for Pearce

sweet jesus he's like a turbocharged version of Cotterill with half the ability,

some of these names?! I mean I wanted Cotts out but he is x10 better than Appleton, Pearce and these jokers

Pearce has been on talk sport this morning for last few hours still on there now (at least we know he's not with Lansdown)  seems like he's interested to me he didn't want to comment on the job when asked but said he was surprised to see Cotts go. 

since he's spoken about managing a young squad and the need to bring in experienced heads to support youth especially where there's been a step up. 

He's also named dropped people who you as a manager and the club names were Steve Wigley and David James! 

He's now about to review the FA cup games including City V WBA. 

15 hours ago, Who_r_ya_who_r_ya said:

Yesterday evening I Facebook'd a mate who is a long time (school together), close friend of Psycho's.

I asked if he knew anything or could give me a clue as to whether Stu was shortlisted etc.

His reply was "Had lunch with him today and he didn't mention it".

I mentioned he was favourite in the betting to which he replied "Wow - He only got back from doing some coaching and presentations in the States last night!"

Now my mate lives in Bristol, so I'm intrigued as to why Psycho made such a big effort to drive down to Bristol on monday morning after flying into Heathrow or Gatwick on Sunday. Maybe to finalise the deal ready to be announced Tues/Weds?

Ill leave you to draw your own conclusions!

Cheers!

He lives near Trowbridge. Can often be seen watching bands at the Cheese & Grain in Frome.

10 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Relax, it will be Gary Monk in a head coaching role.

What would be the difference between Monk and Wade Elliott? Good professionals who have just finished playing and have a bit of coaching experience.

Can't see what GM has done especially - lucky enough to be given a good squad by his club which slowly got worse and he was unable to keep the results coming. May as well give Wade a go as appoint him imho.

7 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

What would be the difference between Monk and Wade Elliott? Good professionals who have just finished playing and have a bit of coaching experience.

Can't see what GM has done especially - lucky enough to be given a good squad by his club which slowly got worse and he was unable to keep the results coming. May as well give Wade a go as appoint him imho.

Not saying Monk is a good choice but believe he fits what the new regime are looking for. I agree Elliott could probably do just as good a job.

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Very very worryingly Coral were the biggest price about Pearce last night at 3/1. They are now big odds on at 1/5 so must have taken a quite a few bets I would suggest.

1/5 with Coral is very strange considering it's odds against practically everywhere else, maybe the boys at Coral know something?

14 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Very very worryingly Coral were the biggest price about Pearce last night at 3/1. They are now big odds on at 1/5 so must have taken a quite a few bets I would suggest.

Odds that short worry me a lot. Honestly I'd rather take ANYONE else. 

Edit: don't panic. He's still 11/10 with sky bet. If all bookies were 1/5 we'd have some cause for concern. 

There are many things that can effect the odds. Obviously there are in house experts , they would also change as money went on but I'd expect they keep an eye on other companies so they can adjust if big bets are put on else where. If my online account was anything to go by PP stopped taking bets for a short time the other day, a few though an announcement was immanent !  I like Stuart Pearce, but not as our manager , so for now I'm ignoring the odds until someone I want here is favourite !! 

Archived