IGNORED

Stuart Pearce

supercidered

Come on the guy is just not very clever. Up and at em team talks work for a month or two and then it all starts to decline as the ideas run out. Would be a big backward step to appoint Pearce no matter how great he was as a player. You would have to seriously question our boards decision making processes if he was the final outcome. 

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As for SP as our revolutionary 'head coach'

Gonna say again I'd even have Appleton, Clarke ..... Even the man in the hat at Exeter .... Probably even Dopey Darrell before I'd have Pearce

Dear god no , seriously NO NO NO  :grr:

So that's a no from you then Bob.

Looking at the betting now the only short-priced ones that are remotely possible are Pemberton and Warnock. Warnock has said in the past he would like to manage us although I wouldn't see him as anything but short-term. I reckon if results go our way Pembo will stay in charge for the rest of the season.

Probably mentioned elsewhere in this thread, so do forgive me for not checking thoroughly, but if Pearce does get the job it would mean our last three managers had all managed Nottm Forest in their previous managerial appointment. If this comes to pass it might well pay Dougie Freedman to start looking at houses and schools in this area pretty soon.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Pearce on Talksport - Adrian Dumdum immediately asked him 'Are you going to be the next Bristol City manager'

SP said he has had no contact with us in either direction

Dumdum then asked him if he'd be interested - SP said 'If the phone rang you'd certainly go and talk to the football club'

Good, another one we can cross off.

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Pearce on Talksport - Adrian Dumdum immediately asked him 'Are you going to be the next Bristol City manager'

SP said he has had no contact with us in either direction

Dumdum then asked him if he'd be interested - SP said 'If the phone rang you'd certainly go and talk to the football club'

Why do football types always refer to "the football club?" What's wrong with "them", or "the club?"

8 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Surely that's too risky. Experience is vital for our position. And lets face it if we didn't win against Boro would you still want him til the end of the season?

Ridiculously risky... It cracks me up how after one decent performance against boro some people think he can carry us to safety? 

Archived