IGNORED

Neil warnock

bs20ciderarmy

Apparently three experienced candidates will be interviewed this week. How naive are that club, surely they can see that to give them any chance of staying up they need to appoint a young "up and coming coach" that understand the "synergies" required for the project, and one that has never managed in the league previously - they could well regret their decision.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

He'd give any club in their position a fighting chance. Dont think he offers much beyond that at this level anymore.

Not sure I agree. Reckon he'd be a better bet for Derby. Decent and getting teams up, not so sure about keeping them up.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Not sure I agree. Reckon he'd be a better bet for Derby. Decent and getting teams up, not so sure about keeping them up.

He's not a great fit for Derby at the moment given the owners current philosophy of not wanting to get promoted!

He's had a great career up and down the leagues but I only see him as a fixer/adviser type these days.

I'm sure he could be in employment if he wanted to.

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Apparently three experienced candidates will be interviewed this week. How naive are that club, surely they can see that to give them any chance of staying up they need to appoint a young "up and coming coach" that understand the "synergies" required for the project, and one that has never managed in the league previously - they could well regret their decision.

They're welcome to Colin.

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

He'd give any club in their position a fighting chance. Dont think he offers much beyond that at this level anymore.

That's what they need - a fighting chance. Somebody who can come in and give the team a quick fix (drugs excluded). They haven't got much money so I can't imagine any big name managers will apply, though there may be some on their forum saying David Moyes is interested 

40 minutes ago, Gazred said:

He's not a great fit for Derby at the moment given the owners current philosophy of not wanting to get promoted!

He's had a great career up and down the leagues but I only see him as a fixer/adviser type these days.

I'm sure he could be in employment if he wanted to.

Ha! Yep, fair comment!

Warnock going there is bad new for us.  We could do without the proven results of Neil Warnock at this level and competing against us to stay up.  I'm sure he will give it a real good go, bringing in some tried and tested players who will play for him and know what's required. With Bolton hitting a bit more form, it is going to be extremely difficult to stay up.

I would have preferred appointing Warnock to the end of the season and then Lee Johnson for next season.

14 minutes ago, Super said:

I reckon they will stay up with Warnock. It's what he does.

They have a better chance with him than many others although i think they should have stayed with Redfearn. Therefore marginally bad news for us.

I wonder if he is being provided with a Helicopter... Assuming he is confirmed.

I'm always slightly puzzled by the idea of Warnock as a great fire fighter to get you out of relegation trouble. I'm struggling to think of any teams he's parachuted into with 15 or so games to go and turned around. Can think of plenty of mediocre teams he got promoted having spent a bit of cash over the course of a season, as well as several (albeit at the level above) he got relegated. His two most recent 'proper' jobs (Leeds and Palace) have been poor and seen him sacked despite having more time and more resources than he'll have at Rotherham 

1 hour ago, Super said:

I reckon they will stay up with Warnock. It's what he does.

Super- is this a baited hook?Surely?

Anyway, the Colin love in on here with some is equal in it's misguidance as 'let's slag off Lee' with others.

Talking of slagging off- What a complete prat this man is. Rotherham deserve better- Daryl Clarke for example, about time he went to a decent club.

45 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I'm always slightly puzzled by the idea of Warnock as a great fire fighter to get you out of relegation trouble. I'm struggling to think of any teams he's parachuted into with 15 or so games to go and turned around. Can think of plenty of mediocre teams he got promoted having spent a bit of cash over the course of a season, as well as several (albeit at the level above) he got relegated. His two most recent 'proper' jobs (Leeds and Palace) have been poor and seen him sacked despite having more time and more resources than he'll have at Rotherham 

This. Neil Warnock being seen as some sort of relegation saviour is a myth for me also... Was rubbish at Leeds as you said fairly poor at Palace too. With the shape and way Pembo has got us set up aslong as Lee Johnson runs with that (which im sure he will) i think we will be fine.

I admit that I thought he'd be just what we needed in the aftermath of the SC sacking shambles and it's poor timing. 

I don't really like the bloke, but despite his record he just seems to me to have something about him. 

I guess we'll see either way whether he is the man to pull through a relegation dog fight. I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Relax, Warnock's a dinosaur.  His time has gone, if Rotherham take him, they'll be relegated.  I would've felt the same way if Warnock ended up here.

Completely agree, he's not found success in recent times. Their squad isn't great, personally can't see him keeping them up. The bottom three will be the bottom three at the end of season. Going to be tight, but confident well have enough to stay up - just !

Archived