IGNORED

Neil warnock

bs20ciderarmy

Colin had his team playing just like every other team he's managed. Aggressive and in yer face, time wasters and feigning injury.

Hes not a bloke I've ever taken to due entirely to his public image. Pain in the arse is how I'd describe him.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:
“I have a lot of time for Bristol City, I see them having a right go next year.”

I like Warnock. The guy dedicated a few pages to us in his autobiography, he'd have loved to have managed us. I'm glad we went for Lee but I also would have welcomed Warnock's appointment. A great pantomime villain at the Gate over the years.

My feeling is that his true self is revealed in the playing style of his teams, his winding up of opponents - witness his comments on LJ at his post match press conference - and his goading of fans, which encourages the response he wants. He was loving it on the pitch at the end of the game. 

Naturally when he wants to come across all pipe-and-slippers, and calm and considered elder statesman of the game that's all dressed up as an act…i'm afraid that it's the reality of the man. And it's no more attractive than the anti-football style of his teams. Not someone I'd want to feel obliged to cheer on.

1 hour ago, twodogs said:

Just on the way back from the game. Thank god we didn't get him. 

I get he's trying to keep them in the league but Rotherham are anti-football. The most cynical time wasting bunch of dirty b....ds I've seen in years.

ref was clearly s..t scared of upsetting him

That's just his we saw him too. He has ruined Rotherham, I used to quite like them, an honest non glamorous side. Now he has stamped his mark all over them and tarnished their image (as if Rotherham hasn't had enough bad press recently), all for what...a place in the Championship. Don't get me wrong, I hated League One but if it meant we kept our integrity I'd rather get relegated than have Warnock and his 'style' infect my club.

I would be completely embarrassed if City time wasted and feigned injury like Rotherham did tonight. That isn't football. No-one pays to see that.

No wonder the only thing his sides will ever win is a few Golden Globe nominations. 

46 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

To be fair, they were organised , good first touch, pressed brilliantly, won the majority of the 2nd ball , and some serious pace up front late on.

But the way the feign injury play act and con the Ref is a disgrace. The Ref has a job to spot this and not let them get away with it. 

He didn't do his job complete ****wit !

I'm ready with my tin hat for the flack so fire away. I think most of the comments are an over reaction, caused by the fact that the majority of City fans hate Neil Warnock. Yes, time wasting was terrible, some of the tactics were awful to watch, and the ref was a disgrace,  but I think 1960maaan's first paragraph sums it up. Tonight there were numerous tackles made by Rotherham players, that if made by a City player, would have been regarded as a good tackle. Because Warnock was involved we had fans foaming at the mouth.

The reality is City players knew what was coming but couldn't deal with it. The team was weak and allowed itself to be disrupted by a very predictable opposition. On the few occasions City played good football, the team looked like scoring, but far too often City played like a team of suckers who couldn't cope with basic disruptive tactics. You can't go onto a pitch and expect the opposition to sit back and allow you to play. Rotherham weren't a dirty team as no City players were injured, with possible exception of Golbourne. The only "injuries" were of the time wasting sort on Rothetham players. 

Come on let's face facts. Every City player knew what to expect, but they fell for it. 

If somehow you can ignore the bs he spouts about the ref etc, it is obvious to see that he does think highly of this club though and always has. Ashton Gate is probably one of his favourite grounds to visit as he knows what he'll get and he loves playing up to it.

I think he's great.

Giving us a wage and then showing his backside when coming out showed, at least, that he has a bit of banter about him.

Plus he likes us a lot, that is evident in his post match press conference....saying that, Rotherhams feigning was over the top.

But I have a soft-ish spot for him.

1 hour ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

I really like that interview. Ok, the intro bit is a bit on the silly side (classic Warnock) but you can tell of his fondness of the club. He's a proper old-school manager and is spot on about how we just have a laugh. A great character to have in the game - certainly not like the textbook managers that are aplenty nowadays, that he alludes to!

I really like him, I would have loved to have seen what he could have done here as manager. I think even he feels the same. 

With Colin you always know what your going to get, ok that interview wasn't the best but it's all an act of solidarity towards his players. He knows his players will see the interview so he will defend his team to the hilt. Think he mentioned something about that in his book. He will use every trick to motivate his players. Let's be honest we would all pin up newspaper articles in the dressing room to eek an extra 10% out of our players.

He loves Ashton Gate and Bristol City and the rest of the interview is very complimentary about us.

I found it hilarious that he brought a newspaper along to the interview. 

There is some poor sods on here, he plays up to the crowd and many fall for it. I actually really enjoy it, wish there was more of it in football.

When we play a Colin side it always feels as if it is some sort of Derby game and I love it. 

6 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Before everyone gets carried away with the comments about the ref, let's also acknowledge his very positive comments about us later in the interview. It's obvious he has a soft spot for us and revels in playing the pantomime villain when he comes here. Despite what he said at the start I still found myself liking him again by the end. It makes things a lot more fun than the usual, bland, cliche-ridden interviews most managers give you.

38 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Before everyone gets carried away with the comments about the ref, let's also acknowledge his very positive comments about us later in the interview. It's obvious he has a soft spot for us and revels in playing the pantomime villain when he comes here. Despite what he said at the start I still found myself liking him again by the end. It makes things a lot more fun than the usual, bland, cliche-ridden interviews most managers give you.

But his comments about Lee Johnson at the start were completely unfair. He said himself that Lee is a young manager learning his trade, so why on earth did he feel the need to have a swipe at him to the media?

If he felt that strongly about it he could have had a quiet word with Lee after the game. Young english managers have a difficult enough job without clowns like Warnock sticking the knife in....

I suspect that he was only saying nice things about us because he knows lansdown is stinking rich and he might get a job out of it one day.

Rubbish, he probably roles out the same interview after every away game. Should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, never seen such a shocking display of so called gamesmanship. Every time we threatened someone somewhere would be down rolling in so called agony until ref had to stop the game. Ref was totally inept and completely out of his depth. Loath the man. 

5 hours ago, billywedlock said:

What are people moaning about. Warnock helped make it a great night of football. Crowd wound up, drama, passion. He is trying to keep Rotherham up, with a team of rejects and misfits, not the loan signings and budget we have. He is making the most of a  pig's ear. If he manages it, that will have been a huge achievement. I have been fortunate to meet him outside of his football persona, and he is very articulate and very likeable. I was one suggesting his name to keep us up, and I am quite sure he would have ( as will LJ I should add) . You all had a great night of football, it got you out of your seat and vocal. Isn't that good in a day when so many things have become anonymous and sterile ? He is not our manager, never will be, but he has always thought City are a club that could go places and achieve things. Personally, I will recall many a drama filled night against Warnock sides, and there are few other managers I can say that about. 

Next game.... 

You didn't go then 

8 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:
“I have a lot of time for Bristol City, I see them having a right go next year.”

I like Warnock. The guy dedicated a few pages to us in his autobiography, he'd have loved to have managed us. I'm glad we went for Lee but I also would have welcomed Warnock's appointment. A great pantomime villain at the Gate over the years.

And there we have it. A few words at the end of a press conference about how he likes city and its back to nice old Neil Warnock. He's as transparent as a Greg Halford 'injury'.

He's a magnificent wind-up merchant, as proven by some fans reactions. He uses every trick in the book to give his team's the best chance of getting points. Playing any Warnock side is a 'one-off' and requires a different sort if mentality and approach - which LJ in his pre match statement effectively said. Just by making opposition teams think this game is going to be a different to the 'norm'  he's already gained a physchological advantage. Clever stuff in my book. 

Take him with a massive pinch of salt, sit back and have a really good laugh. A decent journalist could have had a great time 'cross-examining' him last night. 

As an opposition manager, understand him, don't allow yourself or your team to be drawn in and counter his very effective mind-games and tactics with those of your own. Frankly, just blowing his cover and taking the piss out of him for constantly playing the pantomime villain would be the best approach to him.

Not in the same class asFergie or Clough but, I like him.  

10 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Take him with a massive pinch of salt, sit back and have a really good laugh. A decent journalist could have had a great time 'cross-examining' him last night. 

I doubt it. He'd deflect everything and claim they'd done nothing wrong.

8 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Good job MK lost and city managed a draw thats all i can say. Opinions could of been different if Wolves didn't do City a favour.

Reference the Warnock video. Sounds to me he's gutted he's not the manager at City. People say how LJ is so articulate, bollox, Warnock all day thanks.

That's a Booooooo from you then Thatch?

16 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Good job MK lost and city managed a draw thats all i can say. Opinions could of been different if Wolves didn't do City a favour.

Reference the Warnock video. Sounds to me he's gutted he's not the manager at City. People say how LJ is so articulate, bollox, Warnock all day thanks.

Still disliking Johnson for no reason then?

Been having a right laugh at this! After 40 games of the season, you are ONE POINT above us, with a goal difference of -5 on us, yet you make out you play the most beautiful, free-flowing football in comparison to our 'anti-football'. Get your heads out of your backsides lads. If you were in our situation 7-8 games ago, you'd have been on your knees pleading with Neil Warnock to manage your club, knowing he'd be the best man for the job in keeping you up. Any of you claiming you'd rather be relegated than have him in charge is talking utter rubbish.

Archived