IGNORED

Neil warnock

bs20ciderarmy

28 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Squib.

Sorry to be Mr. Pedantic, but these misquotes get on my tits!! On Tender Hooks is another...

As you were.

A damp squid on tender hooks? Compassionate fish farming 

9 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Ok, well go watch some Prem football then. nothing he did was different to football over the last decades. If that makes you fall out of love with the game, then god knows what the Sky money and the plastic football world does to you. It must make you writhe in your seat, no atmosphere, no passion, no anything. Warnock and his approach is what I miss in football. People with the balls to do something different . The cream will rise as ever, but football today has no passion no desire and no edge. Watch City and Cardiff again. Some say it is a big game, all I saw was a damp squid of a match, no zip passion or fire. I would love to see at AG fast passing movement and intensity, of course I would, but for the majority all I have seen is grey and boring. The sky money is making football change every level, it could be good it could be bad. But what i have seen these last ten years is a huge loss of desire and passion in fans. 

Whilst I agree BW...it's not just football. People are generally apathetic in everything they do these days.

'Passion' is quiet hard to find, in the way we remember it.

Society has been dumbed down and made apathetic and at ease for a reason...it's easier to control and lead in a direction you want it to.

Do not question anything...because everything is being done under the guise of protecting us.

Sheep being led to the slaughter is how I see it.

Ironically the same thing that made that match  a damp squib - the constant disruptive tactics of feigning injuries whenever we were in possession - was also what made the atmosphere "intimidating" according to Colin; namely that lots of us were incensed by the cheating and by the**** of a ref's buying into it.

This wasn't "passion" it was all that is wrong with modern football.

Did Atyeo or Gow or Cheese or Ritchie or Super Bob or Shaun Taylor or even Wedlock ever feign a neck injury, stopping the game for 10 minutes,  to gain an advantage?  No.

The problem isn't a lack of passion in modern football it's a culture of cheating and unsporting behaviour and Colin is at the pinnacle of that in the football league.

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

Society has been dumbed down and made apathetic and at ease for a reason...it's easier to control and lead in a direction you want it to.

Do not question anything...because everything is being done under the guise of protecting us.

Sheep being led to the slaughter is how I see it.

Really? If anything everything gets questioned these days. That's the beauty, and downfall, of social media more than anything. Everything gets questioned, people like Snowden and Assange are shaking up the system. (This is horribly off topic)

18 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Really? If anything everything gets questioned these days. That's the beauty, and downfall, of social media more than anything. Everything gets questioned, people like Snowden and Assange are shaking up the system. (This is horribly off topic)

You hit the nail on the head...everything gets questioned...but on FB, forums, twitter, every form of social media...people vent their spleen on such things...like we are doing now. God forbid us...we may even have a slight rant down the pub...in public.

Dumbed down and totally in control...why do you think such things are put in place.

Can't you see we are being controlled?

The public were more vociferous and animated in the past in public...because they didn't have these forms of outlets to vent their frustrations on.

People get it out of their systems via a keyboard these days.

Don't be downheartened by the one poor season of Cardiff games. All it needs is one fiery encounter and it'll be right back. It's not helped by the fact we've both had largely unenjoyable seasons, and both games were moved from 3pm Saturday.

Assuming they stay down and we get a 3pm KO next season it'll be better.

16 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Ok, well go watch some Prem football then. nothing he did was different to football over the last decades. If that makes you fall out of love with the game, then god knows what the Sky money and the plastic football world does to you. It must make you writhe in your seat, no atmosphere, no passion, no anything. Warnock and his approach is what I miss in football. People with the balls to do something different . The cream will rise as ever, but football today has no passion no desire and no edge. Watch City and Cardiff again. Some say it is a big game, all I saw was a damp squid of a match, no zip passion or fire. I would love to see at AG fast passing movement and intensity, of course I would, but for the majority all I have seen is grey and boring. The sky money is making football change every level, it could be good it could be bad. But what i have seen these last ten years is a huge loss of desire and passion in fans. 

No I won't go watch some prem football thanks because quite frankly that makes me cringe more and more each time I watch it. That's the point, what Warnocks team did the other night is exactly what happens in football matches up and down the country, especially the prem, except Warnocks team took it too another level way way above what is the norm these days. (And the norm pisses me off)

What Warnocks team did the other night had nothing to do with passion and desire, it was IMO a crime against football. I didn't walk out of there thinking wow what a passionate game that was, I walked out of there thinking I'd been robbed of good money I paid to watch a football match and instead all I got was a bunch of cheating,time wasting ***** doing their best to make it anything but a football match.

If you think that bringing out passion in fans somehow excuses Warnocks (and every other person in football who cheats) anti football approach then like I said you and I have very different views on what football is about

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ironically the same thing that made that match  a damp squib - the constant disruptive tactics of feigning injuries whenever we were in possession - was also what made the atmosphere "intimidating" according to Colin; namely that lots of us were incensed by the cheating and by the**** of a ref's buying into it.

This wasn't "passion" it was all that is wrong with modern football.

Did Atyeo or Gow or Cheese or Ritchie or Super Bob or Shaun Taylor or even Wedlock ever feign a neck injury, stopping the game for 10 minutes,  to gain an advantage?  No.

The problem isn't a lack of passion in modern football it's a culture of cheating and unsporting behaviour and Colin is at the pinnacle of that in the football league.

Great post @Red-Robbo Couldn't agree more

On 4/7/2016 at 10:51, spudski said:

You hit the nail on the head...everything gets questioned...but on FB, forums, twitter, every form of social media...people vent their spleen on such things...like we are doing now. God forbid us...we may even have a slight rant down the pub...in public.

Dumbed down and totally in control...why do you think such things are put in place.

Can't you see we are being controlled?

The public were more vociferous and animated in the past in public...because they didn't have these forms of outlets to vent their frustrations on.

People get it out of their systems via a keyboard these days.

Interesting you say that, the other day I was thinking of how we as fans weren't so vocal about our displeasure of Cotts this season, as we had been about Keith, Derek and SoD in the past…

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Interesting you say that, the other day I was thinking of how we as fans weren't so vocal about our displeasure of Cotts this season, as we had been about Keith, Derek and SoD in the past…

I think we all found it difficult with what he`d done for us last season - it would have felt disloyal or something.

27 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think we all found it difficult with what he`d done for us last season - it would have felt disloyal or something.

Yes possibly. I think I really hoped he would come good, given time, but he had time and didn't. The Charlton game was the beginning of the end for me.

On 4/6/2016 at 00:16, billywedlock said:

Perhaps you should be watching wrestling or something then.

On 6 April 2016 at 14:11, Leveller said:

Anybody who wanted him here should consider their positions.

And yes I would have preferred relegation to having him here. I would stay away if he was our manager.

I don't believe that any fan would ever 'prefer relegation' to having a certain guy in charge.

And if NW was our manager and took us to the top of the championship, I reckon you'd sneak into Ashton Gate for a peek!

Last 8 games under NW, won 6, drawn 2, lost 0. Last 8 under NR won 1, drawn 1, lost 6.

Think Rotherham fans will be happy with the transformation, and prefer trips to Villa, Newcastle & Norwich/ Sunderland, rather than Northampton, Swindon, and possibly the scruffy Bristol ground.

9 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Most likely because SC gave City fans one of the best seasons ever...hard to knock someone for giving them the worst start to a season ever, straight after.

Plus many put two and two together and made five, thinking it wasn't SC's fault for this season going belly up.

It's got to a stage where no one knows the real truth in the public domain...so all parties involved have pretty much gotten away with it.

Anyway...all in the past...the future is looking bright at long last :-)

Archived