IGNORED

Neil warnock

bs20ciderarmy

Say what you like, I think the bloke is great to have in football. These days it's always the stereotype managers from afar, with no knowledge about the English leagues with a personality of a fish!

Colin is a proper old school manager, who has had a successful career in management. You can't take that away from the bloke! 

Apart from the time wasting, like every other team does when they play here by the way... I thought Rotherham were a decent side! Strong, quick and pressed us high up the pitch.

Just because it's Warnock they're a team of thugs?! Settle down lads, it's only banter with the bloke. He thinks highly of us and respects the club!

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

And there we have it. A few words at the end of a press conference about how he likes city and its back to nice old Neil Warnock. He's as transparent as a Greg Halford 'injury'.

He's just very very good at his job and playing the media game and I can't believe so many fall for it and 'hate' someone they've never met...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He's just very very good at his job and playing the media game and I can't believe so many fall for it and 'hate' someone they've never met...

Nothing wrong with thinking he's a tosser after the football his side played last night.

There is a longer interview on the Millers Player worth listening to.

He has an affection for us and some of us do respect him. Afterall most of us said that he would keep Rotherham up when he took over.

We have had great banter with him over the years. 

He loves that.

I still dislike his style of play but he does respect us and in the longer interview he says more good about us and loves Wilbraham! 

Warnock is a quality Championship manager,  regardless of whether you love him or loathe him. I don't really go much on his wind up tactics but you have to give him credit for his track record in the Championship.  Who else would have turned around Rotherham so quickly and effectively?  

Just don't fall for the wind up tactics.

Quality Championship manager who has done it - several times!

56 minutes ago, Miller28 said:

Been having a right laugh at this! After 40 games of the season, you are ONE POINT above us, with a goal difference of -5 on us, yet you make out you play the most beautiful, free-flowing football in comparison to our 'anti-football'. Get your heads out of your backsides lads. If you were in our situation 7-8 games ago, you'd have been on your knees pleading with Neil Warnock to manage your club, knowing he'd be the best man for the job in keeping you up. Any of you claiming you'd rather be relegated than have him in charge is talking utter rubbish.

We were in your situation 7-8 games ago. And not everyone was on their knees pleading for Warnock. As can be seen elsewhere on the pages of this forum.

Your last sentence has something in it.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

We were in your situation 7-8 games ago. And not everyone was on their knees pleading for Warnock. As can be seen elsewhere on the pages of this forum.

Your last sentence has something in it.

8 games ago, you beat MK Dons away 2-0. You were 8 points clear of relegation (and us, in 22nd). We were 5 points adrift of MK Dons, who were 21st. Your first sentence has nothing in it.

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That's a bit unfair - all Thatch was saying is that compared to Warnock, LJ's media persona isn't the most articulate...

...splutters tea everywhere...

...of all the things you (or maybe in fairness to you, Thatch in this case) can criticise Lee Johnson for the very last is being inarticulate. The Johnsons may not be to everyone's taste but they can talk the hind legs off a donkey!

58 minutes ago, daored said:

Anybody heard him this morning on Talk Sport. God they blow smoke up his ass, almost as bad as last night with the fat scouse lad at MK

This is true, and it was beginning to irritate me all the "how has NW done it at Rotherham" on radio and elsewhere, so it was great to come back from a goal down and halt their charge. At least for now.

3 minutes ago, Miller28 said:

8 games ago, you beat MK Dons away 2-0. You were 8 points clear of relegation (and us, in 22nd). We were 5 points adrift of MK Dons, who were 21st. Your first sentence has nothing in it.

We were in your situation, that's the key bit of my post. Not the 7-8. We were down and out in January and we were not all on our knees, pleading for NW. The owner, for one, was not pleading for NW. Some on this forum wanted him, loads did not. 

I think I know what we do or do not want a bit more than you do. I think that's got something in it

1 hour ago, Miller28 said:

Been having a right laugh at this! After 40 games of the season, you are ONE POINT above us, with a goal difference of -5 on us, yet you make out you play the most beautiful, free-flowing football in comparison to our 'anti-football'. Get your heads out of your backsides lads. If you were in our situation 7-8 games ago, you'd have been on your knees pleading with Neil Warnock to manage your club, knowing he'd be the best man for the job in keeping you up. Any of you claiming you'd rather be relegated than have him in charge is talking utter rubbish.

I think you'll find most on here have nothing against the Millers. And would want you to stay up. Warnock has form at Ashton Gate. You'll see that he has his defenders too. I'm not one of them, however effective he might be.

I've not seen anyone suggesting that we play beautiful free-flowing football. Would that we did.

You're doing yourself and your club a disservice defending the antics of last night though. Might be effective at killing a game, but it ain't football…which is a shame because when your boys started playing towards the end they looked as though they'd have done very well….but by then they'd wasted so much time  with daft nonsense.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

We were in your situation, that's the key bit of my post. Not the 7-8. We were down and out in January and we were not all on our knees, pleading for NW. The owner, for one, was not pleading for NW. Some on this forum wanted him, loads did not. 

I think I know what we do or do not want a bit more than you do. I think that's got something in it

You can't be down and out in January, barely half the season had been played by that point. We were rapidly running out of time and would've been heading for League 1 had we not appointed NW when we did, completely different situations.

Just find it so funny. Tweets from the Evening Post going on about this morning's Talksport Radio interview viz LJ calling for an intimidating atmosphere. 

In an important game every manager wants an intimidating atmosphere. Warnock's just latched on to it as its the only thing he can use from LJs pre match interview to 1) motivate his players, not just for last night's match but for the rest of the season 'look, nobody likes us' touch and 2) to get under a young manager's skin to test his mettle (hopefully, distracting LJ from the relegation fight to Warnock's advantage) and 3) have a go at SL. 

Now, if we had some really clever people at our Club we could use what he's saying to our advantage and come out with some cracking lines/quotes.

Will we do it? Probably not. 

15 minutes ago, Miller28 said:

You can't be down and out in January, barely half the season had been played by that point. We were rapidly running out of time and would've been heading for League 1 had we not appointed NW when we did, completely different situations.

You don't know this forum mate!

If we don't win every game in August then some say we are relegated already! 

1 hour ago, Miller28 said:

Sorry Miller, maybe your view has been skewed by having to listen to two fat wasters in charge of your club for the last few years (at least Warnock isn't a convicted fraudster mind). The tactics from some of your lads last night was a disgrace. Seeing it once was bad enough, you have to do it every week. If going down would avoid having to watch that dirge 46 times a year I'd have to strongly consider it.

31 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Without characters like Warnock the game/life would be boring! He does whatever it takes to win and is good at making a silk purse out of a cows arse. That interview says it all, he's a pantomime villain but you cant hate him for that.

It has nothing to do with his personality or the shite/banter he comes out with in interviews - he encourages his teams to cheat. The amount of time-wasting over non-existent injuries was a f-ING disgrace. 

I don't applaud cheats and I'm staggered that anyone does.

Due to the shit standard of officiating in the modern game, and its administrators being more interested in lining their pockets or getting their legs over, we have seen that unfortunately cheats prosper. Italy's win in the World Cup anyone?!

I guess cheats also prosper in politics, business etc as well,  but that isn't to excuse a man who systematically sends his team out to waste time and, when necessary,  hack down opponents and try to get people sent off.

He's up there with Hollowhead and Pulis as managers I would not accept at AG. 

If I'd wanted to see play acting I'd have gone to the Old Vic. Last night, Rotherham were barely playing football.

Let's be perfectly honest he has worked an absolute miracle at Rotherham and if they want to play that way then let them carry on and if their fans want to put up with that rubbish then that's up to them as long as we don't ever play that style of football and we stay up that's all that matters.

As a football team, Rotherham have done well since NW took over.

But to see players lying face down playing dead for ten minutes, and then making a sudden miraculous recovery, is making a mockery of the sport that is football. And every one of your players who got a knock were willing, initially, to make it seem as if they had be hit by a tank, just to waste even more time.

Aided and abetted by the most inept referee that I have seen in a long time. How could he give Leeds a non penalty five months ago yet ingnore what went on last night.

I am one who would have brought NW in before last Christmas to get us out of the relegation dogfight, but on last night's evidence, I am pleased that Lansdown did not listen to twerps like me. At least we are trying to play football, not some new kind of tae kwando, ju-jitsu and Shakespearean acting rolled into one.

No one has mentioned his comment " like father, like son I guess" and then he has to stop himself from smiling as he turns to his left.

He is inflammatory, but deliberately so because he knows it creates headlines, an atmosphere and competition.  His record is there for all to see and he has been a success.

His only job is to keep Rotherham up and he hadn't many games to do so and was many points adrift.  If they beat MK Dons on Saturday he probably assures the safety of both Rotherham and City for another season.  He should get credit for what he is doing at Rotherham.

When he comes to City with a team it is his responsibility to motivate his players.  What better way than "us against them".  Personally, I think he is tongue in cheek and plays the game of getting inside people's heads well.

He should have had his chance here post Gary Johnson.  One thing would have been guaranteed had he done so, Ashton Gate and Warnock would have been very unified and a fortress and I suspect one of the worst venues for away teams to come and play.  He would have been good for City, good for the city of Bristol and there would have been a lot more media attention on us.  I think it is a shame that Steve Lansdown never gave him that chance. He may just have got us into the Premier League!

2 hours ago, Miller28 said:

When Cotts was sacked there were many on here that were saying this and at the time we were in the bottom 3 and 3 points behind you.

This isn't a dig at Rotherham- always seen you as a good honest club. But you only have to look at our thoughts on Pulis when he was here... it didn't matter the results were ok as the football was so dire that many gave up watching us. No we don't play the most beautiful free flowing football in the world but at least we try.

Some would like to stay up at all costs- but there is a huge amount of our fan base that would rather get relegated (I suppose it's nothing new to most of us!!) than compromise on playing the game fairly.

It's not that lack of entertaining football that grates me with Warnock.... its that he breaks the game up in anyway possible. Football to me is first and foremost entertainment and I certainly wouldn't want to pay to watch the game on a regular basis if it was continuously breaking down due to his tactics.

Don't get me wrong he is good at what he does....... but I certainly don't want what he does here.

45 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

As a football team, Rotherham have done well since NW took over.

But to see players lying face down playing dead for ten minutes, and then making a sudden miraculous recovery, is making a mockery of the sport that is football. And every one of your players who got a knock were willing, initially, to make it seem as if they had be hit by a tank, just to waste even more time.

Aided and abetted by the most inept referee that I have seen in a long time. How could he give Leeds a non penalty five months ago yet ingnore what went on last night.

I am one who would have brought NW in before last Christmas to get us out of the relegation dogfight, but on last night's evidence, I am pleased that Lansdown did not listen to twerps like me. At least we are trying to play football, not some new kind of tae kwando, ju-jitsu and Shakespearean acting rolled into one.

The lino gave the pen against Leeds...

16 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

When Cotts was sacked there were many on here that were saying this and at the time we were in the bottom 3 and 3 points behind you.

This isn't a dig at Rotherham- always seen you as a good honest club. But you only have to look at our thoughts on Pulis when he was here... it didn't matter the results were ok as the football was so dire that many gave up watching us. No we don't play the most beautiful free flowing football in the world but at least we try.

Some would like to stay up at all costs- but there is a huge amount of our fan base that would rather get relegated (I suppose it's nothing new to most of us!!) than compromise on playing the game fairly.

It's not that lack of entertaining football that grates me with Warnock.... its that he breaks the game up in anyway possible. Football to me is first and foremost entertainment and I certainly wouldn't want to pay to watch the game on a regular basis if it was continuously breaking down due to his tactics.

Don't get me wrong he is good at what he does....... but I certainly don't want what he does here.

Totally agree with this post.

I certainly wouldn't have renewed if Portsmouth hadn't rescued us from Pulis, it was soul-destroying.

1974 Netherlands we ain't, but, certainly since I've been watching, the majority of City teams I've seen have tried to play attacking football.

I don't have the hate for Warnock that some do, I think he's probably a good bloke, and I certainly don't recall any of his teams being as cynical as Rotherham were last night. If it works for them and they're happy to watch it then good luck to them. Personally I'd rather they stayed up than Franchise FC, but I wouldn't want to watch that style of football every week.

3 hours ago, Miller28 said:

No one is claiming we play beautiful free-flowing football but to say we play a more attractive style than yourselves is hardly the most outrageous claim is it.  I think we are all happy to recognise what an effective job Warnock has done for you - even if we don't like the way he's gone about it.  Some of us would have welcomed him on a short term basis here precisely because we were aware of the immediate impact he is capable of having, as you have proved.  But I don't think anyone wanted him long term and there was certainly no "pleading on our knees" when we WERE in your situation not so long ago. 

I agree that the people saying they'd rather be relegated are probably kidding themselves.  With our off-field development it would be the most catastrophic relegation in our history.  Warnock is not so terrible as to prefer that option in my opinion, particularly as a short term fix.  However rather than accusing us of having our heads in our backsides, you would do well to at least acknowledge the blatant play-acting and gamesmanship of your side last night.  Frankly, an injury time-out of 7 minutes (based on the added time, but I suspect longer in reality) only for the player to return to the pitch unharmed was nothing short of disgraceful - and there is no defence for it.

55 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I think you have to make a distinction between a short-term fire-fighter, which is what Warnock would have been here, and a long term appointment.  I certainly wouldn't have wanted him here as the man to take us forwards beyond May.  But had Warnock come here and kept us up, and then left as soon as the job was done, I think most of us would have understood it as a "needs must" short-term fix, rather than a reason to throw the toys out of the pram and not renew season tickets.  And dare I say it, if we were the perpetrators of that particular playing style rather than the victims, we might not quite have seen our team in the same overwhelmingly negative light as we viewed Rotherham last night - not that that makes it the right way to play.

Ive just watched the interview on Player (please log in and see) and he is very complimentary about the club (very) and LJ. 

As Rotherham fans we are delighted with him. He combines strength with exceptional motivation for our lads. Im sure that he more or less managers the game and like he has in other situations he will utilise what he has-all good managers perhaps do this.

We dont really think we are anything at this level and dont have the money to attract great footballers of the skilful type. Dont need then however because we just want to stay in this league. Its a great league and I think we are realistic enough to be happy with staying up for as long as...

It was a frustrating night for you guys but when you come up against a team who makes it difficult then its part of the rub. Playing against difficult opponents who do everything to upset your game is part of the challenge of a season and a match.

Great stadium and crowd and looks like you are really going to get stronger over the next few years-Its going to be a difficult place for opponents (you guys dont half get mad and show it) to come when its rocjing and got momentum.

enjoy the football.

Good luck for the last 6.

UTM

Archived