IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Q&A at forest sat. - notes now in here

stevep38

Can tell u wat will be said now...

Tough season....cotts wasn't right man...LJ is...Lansdown won't let us go down....lansdown really does care about the club n we are lucky to have him...and some jokey comment about the new gas takeover 

to be fair to him it is good of him to do the event   ....wonder if he would still be doing it if we had lost rather than won those 3 games though 

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Would love to ask him if he intends to lower prices next season to get as many bums on seats as poss.

But unfortunately I won't be there.

Prices will be frozen but not reduced. I hope the replica tops for kids continues, at both my boys football training (in Rovers territory) there are more City shirts than any other kit, Barcelona is second! Ha  

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Why is it disappointing ? It's the equivalent of £17 per game i pay in the Dolman.  

In the light of the Huddersfield announcement, and the extra seats we need to fill, I think there was a suspicion and hope that prices would drop.

Also, if matchday tickets prices are also staying the same, that's hugely disappointing. Quite simply, they are overpriced.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In the light of the Huddersfield announcement, and the extra seats we need to fill, I think there was a suspicion and hope that prices would drop.

Also, if matchday tickets prices are also staying the same, that's hugely disappointing. Quite simply, they are overpriced.

Yes i agree POTD prices are way overpriced but don't think the season tickets are. It will be interesting to see the price in the new Williams next season.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes i agree POTD prices are way overpriced but don't think the season tickets are. It will be interesting to see the price in the new Williams next season.

Although perhaps not overpriced, maintaining STH prices when you have almost twice as many seats to fill does nothing to encourage new support and completely fails to seize on the new stadium novelty factor.

2 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Because it's hardly enticing supporters back (either new ones, or existing).

At the end of the day we are going to have 27,000 seats next season, surely offering better deals would be better buisiness sense?

Going to look rather embarrasing with 16,000-17,000 every week.

There is not enough parking in the area to cope with a 27k attendance. This needs addressing as a matter of urgency!!

2 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Because it's hardly enticing supporters back (either new ones, or existing).

At the end of the day we are going to have 27,000 seats next season, surely offering better deals would be better buisiness sense?

Going to look rather embarrasing with 16,000-17,000 every week.

But £17 is a good price. He's just spent £45m rebuilding the ground , you have to be realistic. Personally i would make kids season tickets very cheap because they're the ones who will be hooked for life. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But £17 is a good price. He's just spent £45m rebuilding the ground , you have to be realistic. Personally i would make kids season tickets very cheap because they're the ones who will be hooked for life. 

Although I broadly agree, you have to remember that a child season ticket also requires their parent to commit to one. It's still a significant outgoing overall for parents.

17 hours ago, Nomad said:

Tell him to sack whoever is in charge of sales and marketing.... I can start on Monday.

Just walked through AG and the Sports bar is open. Just checked the BS website and it's now open from 11am until late EVERY night. Might be a good idea if people knew (unless the WAGS upstairs part was rammed there are about 5 people in there). I realise that SL is a very wealthy man but surely getting the word out should be a given?

If you are on the email list you should have had one about the opening,  unfortunately, it's a long way for me to go!

16 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Please, can someone ask on my behalf, what make of watch does SL wear? I'm keenly interested to understand the timepiece that a billionaire wears compared to the bling worn by the less well off. 

I wouldn't be surprised to learn SL wears a Casio.

Rolex, I expect, as he must have accurate timing!

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Although I broadly agree, you have to remember that a child season ticket also requires their parent to commit to one. It's still a significant outgoing overall for parents.

Yes i agree , perhaps various family season tickets . One adult one child . Two adults one child etc. The club would know that more kids means more money spent on food / drink etc. It's just an idea and  i do agree we need to get more bums on seats but it's how it's achieved.

Archived