IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Q&A at forest sat. - notes now in here

stevep38

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Couldn't they do free  public transport to the ground with proof of a match day/season ticket like they do in Germany. It's not a long term answer but might help in the short term.

At Brighton the match day ticket included free bus or train travel from the city centre to the Amex. Buses were packed. Why can't that be arranged in Bristol? 

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I couldn't agree less.

Of course, your from non league Chippenham . What's with all the meet up at the pub thing anyway? Is it so he feels as though he is connected to the common supporter? What about reducing prices next season, so the less well off can go occasionally, perhaps bring the kids as well, that would be different.

30 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

I wouldn't argue if they gave away a free kids ticket with a parents ticket 

Effectively they do. 1 adult and 2 kids costs me just over £30 pm. And 2 free shirts for the boys.

Apart from the standard of football at times ;) I'd say that represents excellent value for money.

18 hours ago, Nomad said:

Tell him to sack whoever is in charge of sales and marketing.... I can start on Monday.

Just walked through AG and the Sports bar is open. Just checked the BS website and it's now open from 11am until late EVERY night. Might be a good idea if people knew (unless the WAGS upstairs part was rammed there are about 5 people in there). I realise that SL is a very wealthy man but surely getting the word out should be a given?

Sack whoever is in charge of teaching you to read.

Might be a good idea if you subscribed to e-mails from the club.

23 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Of course, your from non league Chippenham . What's with all the meet up at the pub thing anyway? Is it so he feels as though he is connected to the common supporter? What about reducing prices next season, so the less well off can go occasionally, perhaps bring the kids as well, that would be different.

He may or may not feel connected to the common supporter, but he is trying to connect with them regardless. How can that be anything other than a good thing?

He doesn't have to do this, but he is putting himself in the direct line of fire with our most loyal supporters; our away following. They will ask tough and pertinent questions - and he doesn't know what those questions will be in advance.

It's not realistic to hold an open Q&A session in a bigger venue. This way, Lansdown is engaging at a very personal level with the fans and participating in proper two-way conversation.

In an age of faceless club ownership and general disconnect between ordinary supporters and club boards, I'm amazed how you're criticising this. There is literally no pleasing some people.

And what Chippenham Town has to do with it, I have no idea.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

But £17 is a good price. He's just spent £45m rebuilding the ground , you have to be realistic. Personally i would make kids season tickets very cheap because they're the ones who will be hooked for life. 

It's only £17 if you go to every game. Of course if you do it's a no brainer.

however thousands of us can't make every game due to work or transport to evening games etc. 

So for us it would be great to have a ST even if it works out at £25 a game. At current prices it works out In the region of £30- £33 a game for me, which is a bit more than potd.

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Sack whoever is in charge of teaching you to read.

Might be a good idea if you subscribed to e-mails from the club.

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

:clap:You probably need a rest after using all the brain power that reply took.

If he'd had "READ" the whole thread. There would of been no need for him  to post. 

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He doesn't have to do this, but he is putting himself in the direct line of fire with our most loyal supporters; our away following. They will ask tough and pertinent questions - and he doesn't know what those questions will be in advance.

Why does this utter myth persist that by going to away games you're one of our "most loyal supporters"?

What SteveL (for those old enough to remember his old username) does by doing this is great, a nice touch by a bloke who genuinely cares and actually likes to talking to the fans, but please don't suggest that those that were at the (other) City Ground today are any more loyal than those who weren't. 

Archived