IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Q&A at forest sat. - notes now in here

stevep38

Reading about this just makes me miss the old AGM/Shareholders meetings when the official wrapped up early doors and most of the night was a presentation / q&a with SteveL. The ones at the old St. George comp were ace, proper access to the man who writes the cheques is a rare commodity in football these days. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Realistically thought what price would you have to sell at to fill the stadium every week? £10? I'm not even sure that would do it. Certainly not for your average Championship match. Even if it did, the club simply couldn't afford to sell at that price point on a regular basis. They have to balance value with revenue generation. We all complain when we can't compete with other clubs for players.

Not to say there shouldn't be a price reduction though, there should! Match tickets this season are not good value. But it's too simplistic to say "sell the tickets cheap to fill the ground!".

Didn't Hartlepool run a scheme where the more people who bought tickets ...the cheaper it got?

Why not something along those lines? 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Didn't Hartlepool run a scheme where the more people who bought tickets ...the cheaper it got?

Why not something along those lines? 

Not too sure...they may have offered a special if you flew to the game, but only if you got straight back on the plane without going to the game....

In all seriousness though, the club could easily say that if we got over 15000 season tickets everyone who has purchased a season ticket gets, say 20% back.  A decent incentive to buy a season ticket and to encourage others to.

14 hours ago, Bullbag said:

I think a new crest with a robin should be arranged for next season.

It will both be a great recognition to James and also for the start of a new era, so to speak, with the stadium fully developed.

And hopefully a new direction and exciting future.

Would be nice to have 1894 on it too.

We should never ditch our original crest. 

9 hours ago, Chivs said:

I agree.  If you look closely the hands are indicating where Freeman would shoot if he was clean through with an open goal.

He would need two balls and two extra legs for that but I suppose that is your point.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Is it possible to both love and hate a post at the same time?

You should seek out Leadman for the answer; he is very knowledgeable on the coefficient of passes versus goals and how that translates into overall usefulness to the cause.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

We should never ditch our original crest. 

He would need two balls and two extra legs for that but I suppose that is your point.

You should seek out Leadman for the answer; he is very knowledgeable on the coefficient of passes versus goals and how that translates into overall usefulness to the cause.

I have always thought we should just change one of the unicorns holding the shield into a Robin.... subtle, slightly amusing, fun, but also acknowledging our Robin past.

13 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Lower the ticket prices..and get this new stadium as packed as possible.

I look at stadiums like the Riverside when Boro are playing and I cringe...

The upper West stand won't be open next season unless demand dictates. The 'lower bowl' has a capacity of around 22,000 so provided we get close-ish to filling that week in week out then the stadium shouldn't look empty, in fact for the purposes of TV camera views it'll almost certainly look very full for most games. I'd guess season ticket sales will be capped at around 16,000 probably.

13 hours ago, Coin-op said:

Was anything mentioned about upgrading to a Cat 1 academy in the future?

Doesn't sound like it. SL also confirmed that AV won't be used for the football club? Disappointed by this as I'd assumed that the allegedly agreed sporting academy proposed at AV would help us along the way to Cat 1 status. I assume he's now just going to try and get housing at AV to recoup his losses spent on the land to date...

But yes, I'd be interested to know what our plans for Cat 1 status are. MA helped us gain Cat 2 status, so I assume there is a plan...

21 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It's not a club run event. It's one of many set up over the years by the SC&T. Steve kindly makes himself available to take questions in person. The press have been thrown out of these events in the past when they've tried to get in, because Steve likes the more informal set up, without having cameras and recording equipment around, so he can talk more honestly without someone quoting him later word for word.  

This is the second such event that I have been at and I have to say that Steve's frankness and honesty is really refreshing. Always a pleasure to listen to.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

LDoesn't sound like it. SL also confirmed that AV won't be used for the football club? Disappointed by this as I'd assumed that the allegedly agreed sporting academy proposed at AV would help us along the way to Cat 1 status.

That is disappointing if true.

Away from the academy there is an obvious area for improvement - Running coaching schools and football development centres. This could have been achieved at Ashton Vale.

Provision for kids outside of academy age etc is patchy at best.

15 minutes ago, WTMS said:

That is disappointing if true.

Away from the academy there is an obvious area for improvement - Running coaching schools and football development centres. This could have been achieved at Ashton Vale.

Provision for kids outside of academy age etc is patchy at best.

Ashton Vale land won't be utilised for anything to do with City. SL will look to use it to mitigate against his losses on it.

The new Roverzzz owner has already stated he's going to be investing in their Academy. We need to steal a march on them, now.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

The new Roverzzz owner has already stated he's going to be investing in their Academy. We need to steal a march on them, now.

Bristol City need to steal a march on the Gas, Southampton everybody.

At present part of the clubs player pathway is the Community Trust. The coaching sessions are not being ran by experienced, highly qualified coaches who have completed level 2 coaching courses and modules associated with the kids they are coaching.

At present Bristol City are not striving to provide the best coaching opportunities they can for kids in this area.

Ashton Vale could be a hub of coaching excellence for the local community beyond the very best kids who are of academy standard. A part of the clubs five pillars and Bristol Sport.

4 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

Dissapointed that we are not making Baker our number one target this summer. Should be signed whatever the price, the last two games highlight how important he is to us.

I really think that this one is down to Baker himself. He never speaks enthusiastically about signing, and refers to Villa when asked. I think he is the stumbling block rather than the money / club. I'm sure that LJ would love to sign him.

36 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

I really think that this one is down to Baker himself. He never speaks enthusiastically about signing, and refers to Villa when asked. I think he is the stumbling block rather than the money / club. I'm sure that LJ would love to sign him.

This echo's my thoughts - whenever asked about his future here he seems very evasive -  I don't get the impression that signing here on a permanent deal is what he is after.

If we cannot tempt him to stick around then replacing him adequately is a must - to me, just as important as signing a striker that will be prolific at this level

5 minutes ago, HLR said:

This echo's my thoughts - whenever asked about his future here he seems very evasive -  I don't get the impression that signing here on a permanent deal is what he is after.

If we cannot tempt him to stick around then replacing him adequately is a must - to me, just as important as signing a striker that will be prolific at this level

Well when Villa are relegated this conversation will happen:

VILLA: "Hi Nathan, well done on an excellent season at Bristol City. Do you now have a very good understanding of this division and the attacking players that play in it?"

BAKER: "Yes. Yes I do."

VILLA: "Oh fantastic. Well in that case would you like to come and play with us?  Remember that you are still contracted to do so.  Also, we will give you some money and you will probably get a nice promotion bonus. Does that interest you?"

BAKER: "Yes. Yes it does."

VILLA: "Oh boy this is great!  We'll send a cab down to Bristol right away."

BAKER: "Oh golly I'm excited."

On 29 February 2016 at 08:36, Kid in the Riot said:

The upper West stand won't be open next season unless demand dictates. The 'lower bowl' has a capacity of around 22,000 so provided we get close-ish to filling that week in week out then the stadium shouldn't look empty, in fact for the purposes of TV camera views it'll almost certainly look very full for most games. I'd guess season ticket sales will be capped at around 16,000 probably.

Doesn't sound like it. SL also confirmed that AV won't be used for the football club? Disappointed by this as I'd assumed that the allegedly agreed sporting academy proposed at AV would help us along the way to Cat 1 status. I assume he's now just going to try and get housing at AV to recoup his losses spent on the land to date...

But yes, I'd be interested to know what our plans for Cat 1 status are. MA helped us gain Cat 2 status, so I assume there is a plan...

Season ticket sales won't reach 8,000, let alone 16,000, IF we go down.

Archived