IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Q&A at forest sat. - notes now in here

stevep38

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Why does this utter myth persist that by going to away games you're one of our "most loyal supporters"?

What SteveL (for those old enough to remember his old username) does by doing this is great, a nice touch by a bloke who genuinely cares and actually likes to talking to the fans, but please don't suggest that those that were at the (other) City Ground today are any more loyal than those who weren't. 

It was a broad term to use and I accept there are many genuinely loyal supporters who don't go away often for various reasons, not least of all finances - in fact I include myself it that number, I go to only one or two away games a season and I wasn't there today. So it certainly wasn't a "superfan" comment.

However, broadly speaking those fans who travel away regularly ARE our most loyal supporters - I'm not sure how you can deny that with the many miles they travel at their own expense, and the time they commit to these ventures. So I stand by it.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It was a broad term to use and I accept there are many genuinely loyal supporters who don't go away often for various reasons, not least of all finances - in fact I include myself it that number, I go to only one or two away games a season and I wasn't there today. So it certainly wasn't a "superfan" comment.

However, broadly speaking those fans who travel away regularly ARE our most loyal supporters - I'm not sure how you can deny that with the many miles they travel at their own expense, and the time they commit to these ventures. So I stand by it.

It's wrong to suggest that we have some fans who, through a random cocktail of luck, finances and ability, are more loyal than others. To do so does create a superfan mentality and it's wrong. Am I any less loyal because I can only listen to away games on Radio Bristol despite having a season ticket for 20 years? Or 30 years? Or 2 years? Or not at all? Loyalty isn't a competition and I'm sure that the vast majority of fans who are fortunate enough to get to away games regularly, infrequently or just because it happens to be near where they live, would reject the notion that  are somehow more "loyal" than any other member of the fantastic Bristol City family. 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It's wrong to suggest that we have some fans who, through a random cocktail of luck, finances and ability, are more loyal than others. To do so does create a superfan mentality and it's wrong. Am I any less loyal because I can only listen to away games on Radio Bristol despite having a season ticket for 20 years? Or 30 years? Or 2 years? Or not at all? Loyalty isn't a competition and I'm sure that the vast majority of fans who are fortunate enough to get to away games regularly, infrequently or just because it happens to be near where they live, would reject the notion that  are somehow more "loyal" than any other member of the fantastic Bristol City family. 

Perhaps loyal is the wrong word. "Committed" might be a better word to describe it. I can't claim to be as committed as though who travel all over the country every other week. It is a huge commitment of both time and money. Even if I could afford to do so, I doubt I would.

You are of course no less loyal for not being able to make away games, that's a fair point. And I'm certainly not trying to make it a competition - if I was then I would lose! As someone who attends infrequently due to family and financial pressures (Im not a STH), I'm the last person to try to create any sort of superfan mentality.

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 21:33, Rudolf Hucker said:

Please, can someone ask on my behalf, what make of watch does SL wear? I'm keenly interested to understand the timepiece that a billionaire wears compared to the bling worn by the less well off. 

I wouldn't be surprised to learn SL wears a Casio.

..or perhaps a  CASHIO even.

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Tell me more about the cocktails 

I am just going to post what was talked about with out going into detail approx 250 were at the enue

PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM

Training ground

Agents,Andre Gray Zak Clough

MARK ASHTON spoke of a sleeping Giant

the Budget and Baker

Parachute payments

Scounts in France and Spain City

away fans travel

Derek MGuiness

Public Transport thoughts

Steve Cotrell and the purple and lime kit

Security Searches being made at Ashton Gate

Safe Standing

Students ticket discounts

WBA game 82% paid on line and 18% bought over phone

Matt Smith

One city fan asked about bring back the Robin

DSC00773_zpsyhsfniws.jpg

DSC00774_zpsuutjypoy.jpg

DSC00774_zpsuutjypoy.jpg

DSC00777_zpskeutukfs.jpg

DSC00776_zpstqbfiyyi.jpg

DSC00778_zpshaoflt2y.jpg

14 minutes ago, Selred said:

Is it just me who found it poor that the club didn't do live tweeting from this event?

I wouldn't say it was poor but, It may be something they could look into if there are any more of these events to be held.

There may have been some uncomfortable questions and answers that may not be suitable for a broadcast.

19 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He may or may not feel connected to the common supporter, but he is trying to connect with them regardless. How can that be anything other than a good thing?

He doesn't have to do this, but he is putting himself in the direct line of fire with our most loyal supporters; our away following. They will ask tough and pertinent questions - and he doesn't know what those questions will be in advance.

It's not realistic to hold an open Q&A session in a bigger venue. This way, Lansdown is engaging at a very personal level with the fans and participating in proper two-way conversation.

In an age of faceless club ownership and general disconnect between ordinary supporters and club boards, I'm amazed how you're criticising this. There is literally no pleasing some people.

And what Chippenham Town has to do with it, I have no idea.

Well I would ask him just that

'What does Chippenham Town has to do with anything?

followed by perhaps

How do you feel Steve addressing Bristol City's most loyal supporters?

That would stump him...

1 hour ago, screech said:

I wouldn't say it was poor but, It may be something they could look into if there are any more of these events to be held.

There may have been some uncomfortable questions and answers that may not be suitable for a broadcast.

No but you can pick and choose what you share on Twitter. 

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Is it just me who found it poor that the club didn't do live tweeting from this event?

It's not a club run event. It's one of many set up over the years by the SC&T. Steve kindly makes himself available to take questions in person. The press have been thrown out of these events in the past when they've tried to get in, because Steve likes the more informal set up, without having cameras and recording equipment around, so he can talk more honestly without someone quoting him later word for word.  

Archived